FedEx Freight | Raise

Yeah but the company still receives those tax windfalls. You are passing off Express struggling over seas on us not our fault. Freight is doing better than we ever have by the numbers.
And those tax windfalls will be used to help the corporation during the tough times ahead. The corporation. Not one segment. Think “we” and not “I”

You guys don’t get it. The board of directors approve pay. They bring all segments together to discuss the future forecasts and how raises and benefits will be given.

Yes, some do better than others at any given time but they base the pay rates off a company’s forecasted performance.

Maybe everyone in this thread needs to assume positive intent.

The global economy is rough right now with freight volumes. Heck, there is even a dedicated thread for low freight volumes. Projected growth is stagnant for FY20 due to China and tariffs.

Healthcare, do we even need talk about the costs skyrocketing each year? not only for FedEx but for majority of companies.

Why would FedEx give everyone a huge raise when the future forecast looks bleak? The forecast looked great last year so everyone got their big raise at least 6 months in advance. But this year, it’s the opposite.

So I question you. Why don’t you assume positive intent with what the company is doing to remain the best in the business - and do what is best for the company? Let’s quit looking at it on an individual level and start looking at it on a large scale.
All FedEx does is care about numbers correct ? The bottom line ? Well now that’s all i look at now too , MY bottom line . And just like them i want more

All FedEx does is care about numbers correct ? The bottom line ? Well now that’s all i look at now too , MY bottom line . And just like them i want more
If more money is your thing. Go get it.

If better benefits is your thing. Go get it.

If a faster truck is your thing. Go get it.

If better XYZ is your thing. Go get it.

Just asking not flame throwing, we know Fedex is self insured, more ways than just medical insurance, they are self insured in the life insurance also.
So the money they collect goes back in the share holders pocket or Fedexs. If there wasn't money to be made they wouldn’t be self insured. They stopped collecting life insurance for four months because they didn’t pay out enough claims
So my question is they let us know what was paid out a year in claims but never tell how much over the claims paid they pocketed.
Is this a shell game to bailout the other operating divisions???
Just asking

What you guys fail to realize is that when ANY business owner (including Fred) starts a business, the FIRST thing they they do is look for investors (stockholders)...without investors, most companies never get off the ground!! Shouldn't these investors get a return on their investment??

Employees come later down the line once growth/revenue dictates the need. I’m not saying employees aren’t valuable, we are...without us businesses would collapse. What I am saying is there’s a pecking order to the profits and its the investors who are at the top...without their money, we wouldn’t have a job in the first place!! Do the employees deserve (I hate that word) a piece of the profit pie, you betcha, but do we deserve the first or even the biggest piece...nope!!

According to there own web site if you look up the financial reports. They spent 1 Billion in fiscal 2018 on buying stock back from investors and 1.5 Billion in fiscal 2019 that just ended a few months ago. That’s 2.5 Billion spent on stock buy backs in 2 years. How was this better spent on that then on employee benefits?

According to there own web site if you look up the financial reports. They spent 1 Billion in fiscal 2018 on buying stock back from investors and 1.5 Billion in fiscal 2019 that just ended a few months ago. That’s 2.5 Billion spent on stock buy backs in 2 years. How was this better spent on that then on employee benefits?

Didn't they just buy another company also? It's funny how they claim to be tightening their belt but in reality they are tightening the belts of the employees for us.

Over 14 BILLION has been spent on stock buybacks since 2014! The reason our insurance started being chopped away at was the 64 million in taxes the corporation had to pay because of the ACA. Those taxes end this year and frankly with the changes made up to this year that money has been recouped and then some. I think the shareholders (which include the executives) have been MORE than taken care of with dividends being upped by 1300% over time not to mention the exorbitant stock bonuses and options they have enjoyed. 64 million is nothing to this company and our medical insurance is in all honestly a tragedy and downright ridiculous. Just my opinion.

Over 14 BILLION has been spent on stock buybacks since 2014! The reason our insurance started being chopped away at was the 64 million in taxes the corporation had to pay because of the ACA. Those taxes end this year and frankly with the changes made up to this year that money has been recouped and then some. I think the shareholders (which include the executives) have been MORE than taken care of with dividends being upped by 1300% over time not to mention the exorbitant stock bonuses and options they have enjoyed. 64 million is nothing to this company and our medical insurance is in all honestly a tragedy and downright ridiculous. Just my opinion.

The company has paid a regular quarterly dividend for over 18 years. Also, except for 2003 and 2009, FedEx has been raising its dividend every year since 2002. Since 2002, the delivery giant’s quarterly dividend rate has increased 13-fold from $0.05 per share to $0.65 per share in 2019.

The company raised its quarterly dividend by 30% in June last year to $0.65 from $0.50. In fiscal 2018, FedEx paid $535 million in dividends to its shareholders. In the first three quarters of fiscal 2019, the company paid dividends of $514 million.

https://marketrealist.com/2019/06/fedex-declares-a-dividend-enhances-shareholder-returns/

Do you not understand how business works?? You act as if buybacks are a bad thing when in fact buybacks are now the preferred way to pay stockholders rather than traditional dividends, and for various reasons...and it’s also the reason so many companies have done so since the Trump Tax Windfalls began.

NOTE: FedEx Corp isn’t even close to being in the top 10 of companies who have bought back shares since the windfall started. That list includes companies such as General Motors, Walmart, etc...

Do you not understand how business works?? You act as if buybacks are a bad thing when in fact buybacks are now the preferred way to pay stockholders rather than traditional dividends, and for various reasons...and it’s also the reason so many companies have done so since the Trump Tax Windfalls began.

NOTE: FedEx Corp isn’t even close to being in the top 10 of companies who have bought back shares since the windfall started. That list includes companies such as General Motors, Walmart, etc...
The same General Motors that is striking for better benefits. Good point.

Share buy backs
Impact on Financial Statements
total assets base, by the amount of the cash expended in the buyback. The buyback will simultaneously also shrink shareholders' equity on the liabilities side by the same amount. In addition, companies that buy back their own shares often believe: The stock is undervalued and a good buy at the current market price. ... A buyback will increase share prices. Stocks trade in part based upon supply and demand, and a reduction in the number of outstanding shares often precipitates a price increase.