FedEx Freight | Raises 2019

Sounds like an intriguing business model....

- pay top of the industry wages and bennies
- have top notch equipment/tech
- make sure you have a product that sells itself
- don't spend on advertising
- expect business revenues to expand to support future growth and investment

Dang.....i guess pretty much all of the worlds major corporations have it wrong.

Maybe I am just a doubting Thomas.....you should give it a shot........

https://www.mckinsey.com/business-f...s/our-insights/is-sports-sponsorship-worth-it

"Brand strength contributes 60 to 80 percent to overall sales,3 making this benefit critical for sustained, long-term sales growth."

Seems to me that this line sums up quite a bit.

It is apparent that the Fedex brand message got through to you in the specific instance we are discussing......imagine if it was in conjunction with something that was actually of value to you.....

Yeah I'm sure if we quit sponsorship to all the sports we do our company would fold soon after. Sorry not buying it. If I want something shipped, I could care less what sport the company shipping said product sponsors.

Yeah I'm sure if we quit sponsorship to all the sports we do our company would fold soon after. Sorry not buying it. If I want something shipped, I could care less what sport the company shipping said product sponsors.

I'm reasonably sure FX has a bunch of truck drivers on their payroll who decides what is the best bang for their buck, when it comes to advertising.

Never said or even suggested it would fold.....

You are assuming that your values and perceptions represent the majority of consumers? How do you make purchasing decisions on products in which you don't have significant experience/expertise with the industry?

Probably impossible to calculate, but how many billions (or hundreds of billions) is brand recognition worth? You think it was profitable for Xerox basically being a synonym for making a photocopy on any brand of printer? For someone who has no clue about shipping anything, how much value is it for someone to tell them to just "Fedex" it to them? How about someone snapping a Polaroid? Wanna go get a Coke?

I specifically remember when i was growing up, my Mom pulling into the KFC drive thru and asking them for the 20 PC "McNuggets"........

Brand recognition is powerful stuff.....

You are assuming that your values and perceptions represent the majority of consumers? How do you make purchasing decisions on products in which you don't have significant experience/expertise with the industry?

Probably impossible to calculate, but how many billions (or hundreds of billions) is brand recognition worth? You think it was profitable for Xerox basically being a synonym for making a photocopy on any brand of printer? For someone who has no clue about shipping anything, how much value is it for someone to tell them to just "Fedex" it to them? How about someone snapping a Polaroid? Wanna go get a Coke?

I specifically remember when i was growing up, my Mom pulling into the KFC drive thru and asking them for the 20 PC "McNuggets"........

Ok but how much is enough?

Listen all the stuff you mentioned is totally different from a company like ours who provides 1 service and has 1 other company that operates similar to us, there is no need for brand recognition when our company and 1 other offer the specialized service we do. Like mentioned in another thread about us dumping Amazon, they are at the mercy of UPS unless they can deliver their own stuff which they can't. If someone hasn't heard of UPS or Fed Ex and need's someone to tell them about either you would probably have to be a cave man.

Ok but how much is enough?

Exactly, don't **** on me and tell me it's raining. It's a joke when the company says were struggling, mean while we are handing out money like we print it for non essential stuff like advertising. IMO there is a reason they haven't told us the amount of our raise (which they have in the past by this time) and it can't be good, but don't get me wrong I hope I am wrong.

Your selective outrage towards the fedex Cup got me a little curious for some reason.....15 mil is a big number, but what would it represent towards employee raises, even if Fedex ponied up the whole amount? Decided to do a little math exercise to find out......

15000000÷450000 employees = 33.33/employee
Ft hours in a year +/- 2080

33.33÷2080= 1.6 cents per hour

I guess if someone was expecting a 1.6 cent a hour raise this October, they might be disappointed, but my guess is that satisfaction with wage increases will not be determined by 1.6 cents either way.

Just my 2 cents (or 1.6 if you like)....
The total payout for the Fedex Cup is 70 million dollars. The overall winner gets 15 million. Still not a huge number when divided amongst the number of worldwide employees, however if you consider only the North American employees the amount would be more substantial. Especially as the US audience is the targeted advertising venue. It’s been 18 months since our last raise so anticipation is high for a decent amount. The corporate windfall from the tax reductions is not a one and done deal. We are still waiting to hear news as to any sharing with employees of the amount saved for this year.

You’re wasting your time trying to reason with know it all’s who’ve never ran a business, much less owned one...it’s why they’re truck drivers!!

It’s been 18 months since our last raise so anticipation is high for a decent amount. The corporate windfall from the tax reductions is not a one and done deal. We are still waiting to hear news as to any sharing with employees of the amount saved for this year.
It’s already been said that there won’t be a sharing of this year’s tax windfall, that money was spent on shoring up Express and the whole TNT/cyber attack debacle that took place earlier this year....not to mention the layoffs/buyouts that took place and the fact that management didn’t receive a raise this year either.

The “trickle down effect” which is sold to the American people by (R)’s is one of the biggest lies told. We need to remember this in 2020.

I am patiently waiting to see what the increase is as well.

It was meant for business stimulation dumdum, in order to create jobs and increase productivity. It wasn’t meant as a tax windfall for the common people. You Libs are dense. I’m not a staunch conservative or Dem, just a libertarian who doesn’t drink the CNN koolaid you you seem to enjoy so much.

It’s already been said that there won’t be a sharing of this year’s tax windfall, that money was spent on shoring up Express and the whole TNT/cyber attack debacle that took place earlier this year....not to mention the layoffs/buyouts that took place and the fact that management didn’t receive a raise this year either.
Who said there won’t be a sharing of the tax windfall? Was it someone from corporate or drivers on Truckingboards? Also as to management raises I thought they were just foregoing their bonuses. Haven’t heard of them not getting a raise.

It was meant for business stimulation dumdum, in order to create jobs and increase productivity. It wasn’t meant as a tax windfall for the common people.

Here is your answer then guys. Don’t even bother asking your management team. The HUGE tax break corporations received, and still receiving, was a one and done deal.

Who said there won’t be a sharing of the tax windfall? Was it someone from corporate or drivers on Truckingboards? Also as to management raises I thought they were just foregoing their bonuses. Haven’t heard of them not getting a raise.
I asked the question concerning the tax windfall to upper management myself back in March or April and was “officially” given the answer during one of our later monthly meetings. You are correct, my bad...meant to say bonuses, not raises.

I asked the question concerning the tax windfall to upper management myself back in March or April and was “officially” given the answer during one of our later monthly meetings. You are correct, my bad...meant to say bonuses, not raises.

So you asked a simple question and it took months to get back with answer. Man how do you get to be so gullible? Back to the clown car for you. Lmao

It was meant for business stimulation dumdum, in order to create jobs and increase productivity. It wasn’t meant as a tax windfall for the common people. You Libs are dense. I’m not a staunch conservative or Dem, just a libertarian who doesn’t drink the CNN koolaid you you seem to enjoy so much.
While I do EXPECT some (continued) sharing of the windfall, in some form (wage, 401k, something), the often overlooked purpose and benefit of tax reduction is the massive number of jobs created. Lowest unemployment EVER among ALL groups. More Americans working means more Americans paying taxes. More working than EVER before.

Some think it's more important to punish the rich than let people and companies spend their money as needed. Everywhere that they spend it creates more jobs, more consumption, more revenue.

The left likes to make the same case, but only when speaking of giving money away to those NOT working. They claim it stimulates the economy, but the problem there is it also TAKES money out of one pocket, in order to put it in another.

The question is who should decide when and where to spend. Government or Private Sector?

Let’s all sit back and watch how the private sector handles their HUGE tax break.

I have a feeling they’ll stuff their pockets. We’ll see...

The personal rights, liberties and freedoms of others seems to be a source of angst for you. Why should what anyone else does with their personal property be of your concern?

The total payout for the Fedex Cup is 70 million dollars. The overall winner gets 15 million. Still not a huge number when divided amongst the number of worldwide employees, however if you consider only the North American employees the amount would be more substantial. Especially as the US audience is the targeted advertising venue. It’s been 18 months since our last raise so anticipation is high for a decent amount. The corporate windfall from the tax reductions is not a one and done deal. We are still waiting to hear news as to any sharing with employees of the amount saved for this year.

Agreed......in the spirit of Swamps fake news diatribe, was just utilizing some math to illustrate the fallacial reasoning that the Fedex Cup (or any other sponsorship for that matter) would have a direct impact on any planned increase. They are just another part of the overall budgetary concern for advertising, whether one really agrees with the value they represent or not.