FedEx Freight | Raises 2019

not trying to change viewpoints.

Swamp said a couple countries don’t want tRUmp re-elected. I pointed out the #fakenews.
Hey Einstein, Certainly you don't mind being called Einstein...

You seem to make your case(s) against fake news, using FAKE NEWS. Kind of ironic.

You did it on your 1st visit - Union debate, then on the 2nd Amendment. Now you show that you've also swallowed the media (establishment) narrative on Russia, Korea, etc., hook , line, and sinker.

Your fancy graphic is misleading at best. Bordering on dishonest. Jeff Sessions, for example only had Russia contact in his capacity as Senator. You should know that. We could go down the list of names, but the bottom line is "Your buddy" Mueller found nothing illegal in any of the relationships. Nor did any of the several investigations.

What makes the graphic delusional (comical?) is the categories used to link the names. "Russian Business interests", & "Russian Affiliated interests" are the key words that make your narrative work, way beyond the typical 6 degrees of separation. Fred Smith could make that list.

Start a new thread, if you want, but I'm not going to waist much time and effort on this. What will be next, racism, or your support for ANTIFA, open borders, and universal income? Real questions.

I find it frustrating to debate your emotional premises that (all) defy logic.

Back on the topic of THE RAISE. You have not yet made a prediction. Why is that?

Last edited:
Hey Einstein, Certainly you don't mind being called Einstein...

You seem to make your case(s) against fake news, using FAKE NEWS. Kind of ironic.

You did it on your 1st visit - Union debate, then on the 2nd Amendment. Now you show that you've also swallowed the media (establishment) narrative on Russia, Korea, etc., hook , line, and sinker.

Your fancy graphic is misleading at best. Bordering on dishonest. Jeff Sessions, for example only had Russia contact in his capacity as Senator. You should know that. We could go down the list of names, but the bottom line is "Your buddy" Mueller found nothing illegal in any of the relationships. Nor did any of the several investigations.

What makes the graphic delusional (comical?) is the categories used to link the names. "Russian Business interests", & "Russian Affiliated interests" are the key words that make your narrative work, way beyond the typical 6 degrees of separation. Fred Smith could make that list.

Start a new thread, if you want, but I'm not going to waist much time and effort on this. What will be next, racism, or your support for ANTIFA, open borders, and universal income? Real questions.

I find it frustrating to debate your emotional premises that (all) defy logic.

Back on the topic of THE RAISE. You have not yet made a prediction. Why is that?
How about some Other News?
I know Big Dave just made an appointment to get his hat winterized for the rough Cedar Rapids winter approaching. But I don’t have any facts to back up my claim of winter coming.

Our raise was given to a PGA golfer today. 15 mil for hitting a :censored: little white ball............NICE

Your selective outrage towards the fedex Cup got me a little curious for some reason.....15 mil is a big number, but what would it represent towards employee raises, even if Fedex ponied up the whole amount? Decided to do a little math exercise to find out......

15000000÷450000 employees = 33.33/employee
Ft hours in a year +/- 2080

33.33÷2080= 1.6 cents per hour

I guess if someone was expecting a 1.6 cent a hour raise this October, they might be disappointed, but my guess is that satisfaction with wage increases will not be determined by 1.6 cents either way.

Just my 2 cents (or 1.6 if you like)....

Your selective outrage towards the fedex Cup got me a little curious for some reason.....15 mil is a big number, but what would it represent towards employee raises, even if Fedex ponied up the whole amount? Decided to do a little math exercise to find out......

I guess if someone was expecting a 1.6 cent a hour raise this October, they might be disappointed, but my guess is that satisfaction with wage increases will not be determined by 1.6 cents either way.

just one piece..fedex cup, nascar, washington redskins
add it all up and it could be better than 1.6 cent raise
or better yet, forget a raise....put it in the pension or better benefits

I'm sorry but 15 mill to win a golf tournament is assine. That is around what our CEO makes in a whole year.

I am sure it would, however not confident that trading the revenue generated would result in a net positive.

Just because you or I couldnt care less about those pursuits or who sponsors them doesnt mean that the people who generate our workload and revenues don't.

I guess i just wanted to point out that while 15 mil sounds like and ultimately is a lot of money to an individual, it actually represents couch cushion funds when looking at the signifcant investment that is our wage and benefit adjustments each year....

I'm sorry but 15 mill to win a golf tournament is assine. That is around what our CEO makes in a whole year.

I don't disagree with that......i could spend all day coming up with similar things that tick me off.....

Ultimately it is all supply and demand though......if someone decided it was worth 15 mil for me to do something, i wouldnt tell them i wasn't worth it.

In the end i guess i just have to kick myself for not becoming one of the top few golfers in the world...

I am sure it would, however not confident that trading the revenue generated would result in a net positive.

Just because you or I couldnt care less about those pursuits or who sponsors them doesnt mean that the people who generate our workload and revenues don't.

I guess i just wanted to point out that while 15 mil sounds like and ultimately is a lot of money to an individual, it actually represents couch cushion funds when looking at the signifcant investment that is our wage and benefit adjustments each year....

Give me a break on revenue generated from sponsorship. Sorry I'm not buying we generate anything from sponsorship if you could prove otherwise I'm all ears. Our product sells itself we sell services people need and is no way changed by a football stadium, golf tournament, or a nascar team.

It was 15 mil a yr for a major NASCAR sponsor years ago, have no idea what it is today.

Give me a break on revenue generated from sponsorship. Sorry I'm not buying we generate anything from sponsorship if you could prove otherwise I'm all ears. Our product sells itself we sell services people need and is no way changed by a football stadium, golf tournament, or a nascar team.

You're saying, all those companies do no research, before spending the big bucks?

Marketing 101 guys...

Sponsorship provides a great means for improving a company’s image and it heightens the visibility to the public. It is a very effective marketing tool.

Sounds like an intriguing business model....

- pay top of the industry wages and bennies
- have top notch equipment/tech
- make sure you have a product that sells itself
- don't spend on advertising
- expect business revenues to expand to support future growth and investment

Dang.....i guess pretty much all of the worlds major corporations have it wrong.

Maybe I am just a doubting Thomas.....you should give it a shot........

https://www.mckinsey.com/business-f...s/our-insights/is-sports-sponsorship-worth-it

"Brand strength contributes 60 to 80 percent to overall sales,3 making this benefit critical for sustained, long-term sales growth."

Seems to me that this line sums up quite a bit.

It is apparent that the Fedex brand message got through to you in the specific instance we are discussing......imagine if it was in conjunction with something that was actually of value to you.....