XPO | Raises coming?

fishbait1031

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anybody heard about a out of cycle raise coming for us? Word is both old dominion and fed ex freight is getting a big raise in October, to the tune of $34 an hour and .75 cpm. We are losing a ton drivers at our barn and to stop the hemorrhaging they better do something!

Has anybody heard about a out of cycle raise coming for us? Word is both old dominion and fed ex freight is getting a big raise in October, to the tune of $34 an hour and .75 cpm. We are losing a ton drivers at our barn and to stop the hemorrhaging they better do something!

XPO is going under. Just my opinion. He has his baby GXO up and running now. XPO don’t own anything. The terminals, tractors and trailers are all leased. There is nothing to sell. Nothing to buy. He’s just gonna shut it down.

XPO is going under. Just my opinion. He has his baby GXO up and running now. XPO don’t own anything. The terminals, tractors and trailers are all leased. There is nothing to sell. Nothing to buy. He’s just gonna shut it down.
Equipment leased ?

Be careful when comparing O/D’s hourly rate to a least the guys in the north. How many hours does an O/D driver have to work before overtime kicks in. It’s not really comparing apples to apples.

Be careful when comparing O/D’s hourly rate to a least the guys in the north. How many hours does an O/D driver have to work before overtime kicks in. It’s not really comparing apples to apples.
Do the math, makes no sense to work at a company that doesn’t pay time and a half. Then again some can say the same about other compensation we get

They just announced that our city guys get overtime after 50. I'm linehaul so that doesn't affect me. I know some city guys and they're running 60 hours.

Do the math, makes no sense to work at a company that doesn’t pay time and a half. Then again some can say the same about other compensation we get
Some areas where XPO seems to be behind some of it's biggest competitors:

Vacation pay is straight hourly pay. ( For those in the north ) Some competitors pay based on what you earned the previous year ( or some version of that )

401k contributions/match seems to be on the low side compared to the competition. And there seems to be zero effort on upper management's part to increase the contribution.

The budget seems to have been funneled towards hiring bonuses for new people. This seems to be a strategy more from over-the-road jobs than for LTL.

This seems to be a strategy more from over-the-road jobs than for LTL.
This is a great observation. OTR is 20 yrs ahead of LTL in this matter. Give a bunch without giving anything substantial. A smoke screen. Welcome to the realm of your awakening...Lol.

5yrs of Jacobs we now know what to expect going forward.