XPO | Raises coming?

Maybe not . We are paid overtime after 8 and work 12 hour days everyday . There’s a driver shortage so who’s going to fill the hours they are cut?
I have these discussions with R&L drivers from time to time. There are some people that believe a change to traditional after 8/after 40 overtime will lead to less hours available to work.

We don't have to look at R&L or Old Dominion , there's the southern portion of XPO that has the antiquated overtime rules and usually lower pay mileage wise and hourly.

Usually , these corporations justify the lower pay by saying there's a lower cost of living in the South. I haven't been able to find this lower cost when it comes to gas , milk , food in general , or clothes.

Anyhow , do southern area drivers ( for XPO ) work more or less hours? Do they take home more or less money?

Miami would be the test case , right? They go to traditional after 8/after 40 hours right?

Is it working? Is your location getting drivers interested in working there?
Not one bit! We have had a bad reputation in our area ever since we were CCX and would fire people at will all the time. Plus we are one of the only ones that still work the dock. We have had 5 applicants this year. And have kept 3 of them. That’s it! Pretty bad for a class 1 service center! Keepin OD fully staffed and trained though!

Be careful when comparing O/D’s hourly rate to a least the guys in the north. How many hours does an O/D driver have to work before overtime kicks in. It’s not really comparing apples to apples.
If you do the math. When they go up to $34 an hour, both of us working 50 hours, us in the north getting 10 hours of OT, the difference is $36 at the end. With us getting $36 more but have to work the dock and be always understaffed. Is it worth it?

Not one bit! We have had a bad reputation in our area ever since we were CCX and would fire people at will all the time. Plus we are one of the only ones that still work the dock. We have had 5 applicants this year. And have kept 3 of them. That’s it! Pretty bad for a class 1 service center! Keepin OD fully staffed and trained though!
Same at our place but it got worse as far as firings right after Xpo bought us. They fired 12 guys in less than a year ! Our reputation in the Phila. Metro area is bad. In the last year we maybe had a half dozen applicants . Hired 2 . We need at least 12 more and equipment.

If you do the math. When they go up to $34 an hour, both of us working 50 hours, us in the north getting 10 hours of OT, the difference is $36 at the end. With us getting $36 more but have to work the dock and be always understaffed. Is it worth it?

More and more people are leaving. XPO can’t even keep management or office staff.

Our terminal was owned by CCX. Been here almost 15 years. Trust me we own it….and it’s a falling apart dumpster fire!

I’d rather not trust random strangers. Not prying into who you are or where you are. XCO was a company owned terminal as well. It’s all part of Jacobs plan. Go to your local auditors site. Look up your property. This is all public information. When it was sold. For how much. What the taxes are. There will be all kinds of info available.

I’d rather not trust random strangers. Not prying into who you are or where you are. XCO was a company owned terminal as well. It’s all part of Jacobs plan. Go to your local auditors site. Look up your property. This is all public information. When it was sold. For how much. What the taxes are. There will be all kinds of info available.

I just looked up the Philly terminal. As an example. It is still owned by Con-way out of Portland, Oregon. That company no longer exists. So, how accurate is the info ? Not sure.

I always thought overtime was to discourage employers from overworking their employee's. There is just one to many clock suckers around here, and they brag about the money they make. I rather have more time for leisure.

I just looked up the Philly terminal. As an example. It is still owned by Con-way out of Portland, Oregon. That company no longer exists. So, how accurate is the info ? Not sure.
There is no longer a Con-way company. I have seen that on internet mappings also . The building was acquired in the purchase as a Con -way asset that transferred to Xpo upon purchase.

Has anybody heard about a out of cycle raise coming for us? Word is both old dominion and fed ex freight is getting a big raise in October, to the tune of $34 an hour and .75 cpm. We are losing a ton drivers at our barn and to stop the hemorrhaging they better do something!
Fedex hasn't announced anything. We are over here waiting to see some joke of a raise. Currently most fxf terminals are at .66 cpm and $28.93 per hour. Some terminals make more, but its not by region its a terminal by terminal thing.

Fedex hasn't announced anything. We are over here waiting to see some joke of a raise. Currently most fxf terminals are at .66 cpm and $28.93 per hour. Some terminals make more, but its not by region its a terminal by terminal thing.
Xpo also is a terminal by terminal thing for the most part . Not as much as they used to be. If remember right there were dozens of different pay categories at one time.

Xpo also is a terminal by terminal thing for the most part . Not as much as they used to be. If remember right there were dozens of different pay categories at one time.
And please don't forget , we have a portion of our company that doesn't pay overtime after 40/after 8 ( and they traditionally pay less in general per mile and overall )

The South.