XPO | Ratchet straps

If it's like the handhelds @ Saia it will usually tell you the correct placard, but it doesn't know whether its bulk or not.
I his case he said he removed them all together. The XPO HH will tell you it's bulk if the box is checked. The problem is the HH are only as smart as the one entering the information and trust me many not that smart. They wander why there highest DOT fines come from hazmat.

I his case he said he removed them all together. The XPO HH will tell you it's bulk if the box is checked. The problem is the HH are only as smart as the one entering the information and trust me many not that smart. They wander why there highest DOT fines come from hazmat.
They don’t wonder, they know. Current safety bonus incentive pilot program pays $500 after tax (I think?) per clean inspection for placarded loads, and half that for unplacarded.

Back to the OP. As for the ratchet straps. I've encountered them a few times and I avoid them whenever I can despite the fact that I know how to use them. I also know how to properly use a buckle strap and have had no issues with damaged freight. With what I'm hearing and from my own experience with the ratchet straps being rendered inoperable from being ran over or damaged in other ways, I'm thinking the company will abandon them due to excessive costs and from people wrenching them down too tight on fragile freight.

Back to the OP. As for the ratchet straps. I've encountered them a few times and I avoid them whenever I can despite the fact that I know how to use them. I also know how to properly use a buckle strap and have had no issues with damaged freight. With what I'm hearing and from my own experience with the ratchet straps being rendered inoperable from being ran over or damaged in other ways, I'm thinking the company will abandon them due to excessive costs and from people wrenching them down too tight on fragile freight.
Naw. Company will plow ahead and increase punishment for damaging ratchet straps.

Even though XPO hands out something that could be a benefit ( nobody in management will step up and try and get it right - child pros & dimensioner cameras come to mind )

A good start with the straps is making sure we have a place to put them and making sure everyone knows how to use them.

If you give a Frisbee to someone that's never used it or seen it used , they'll probably be eating food out of in a few hours. People need guidance with new tools.

Naw. Company will plow ahead and increase punishment for damaging ratchet straps.

Even though XPO hands out something that could be a benefit ( nobody in management will step up and try and get it right - child pros & dimensioner cameras come to mind )

A good start with the straps is making sure we have a place to put them and making sure everyone knows how to use them.

If you give a Frisbee to someone that's never used it or seen it used , they'll probably be eating food out of in a few hours. People need guidance with new tools.
I had 2 drivers Friday nite at the fac that didn't know how to use the rachet straps

Does anyone remember the days when a trailer isn't empty until the all dunage is put away, 8 straps hanging, all bars up and the floor sweep. If you didn't do it we will see you in the office for your write-up. How far XPO has come since those days

Does anyone remember the days when a trailer isn't empty until the all dunage is put away, 8 straps hanging, all bars up and the floor sweep. If you didn't do it we will see you in the office for your write-up. How far XPO has come since those days
Don’t forget to pull the nails and sign the back of the manifest. Now I pull the last piece of freight out and the hostler is backing into it.

**Cries.

I used to have trailers all putaway, rolled up, set in groups by function and everything closed up ready to move. That takes a little bit of time. Inventoried and everything.

When I see flipflops with muslim robes toss the ::shit:: into the corner and stumbles into the cab to drive off with half of it dragging... then I get angry.

That cools off fast when I am reminding myself these are not the trucking we were raised on. I hope you like it America.