XPO | Ratchet straps

They are not watching OD commercials. They hired one of their top execs.
And he is the reason everything will change to be a copy of OD. If what we are told each month claims are small profits are large because freight gets delivered 90% undamaged because ratchets and airbags and cardboard protects the freight. Sorry we lost him but he is in it for the money and the way he gets that is improving what you do. Wait til they mgrs are held accountable for their numbers by him

And he is the reason everything will change to be a copy of OD. If what we are told each month claims are small profits are large because freight gets delivered 90% undamaged because ratchets and airbags and cardboard protects the freight. Sorry we lost him but he is in it for the money and the way he gets that is improving what you do. Wait til they mgrs are held accountable for their numbers by him
Honestly, I see nothing wrong with that.

I’ve spent enough time over the years complaining about that. Nothing ever changes. I placard the trailer myself and go about my day..
Of course, me too, but over time even the most gracious of us will notice the inconsistent application and enforcement of rules, which breeds discontentment, bitterness, and apathy, a cancer that will rot any organization.

What, rhetorically, is the point of having rules if you don’t hold people to them? Why is smoking in tractors not allowed if you’re just going to try to make everyone happy (always a fail) and assign known smokers to share together? Then one of them is off and it’s the last tractor and you refuse to run it and dispatch loses their mind, because they tried to appease and placate instead of upholding policy.

They do that now, just no accountability. Unless you call sending an email accountability.
Some NLH guys have been catching LOIs from the SCM for load defects out of the FAC. Which is insane; our whole operation is a concoction of perverse incentives and conflicts of interest.
Want to go home? Load the freight. But also don’t damage it. But we’re not going to have any regard for your timely egress homeward, other than squeezing your HOS to the absolute maximum allowable limit, and beyond. (In some places.)

I think we’re seeing the beginning of the end of the era of that old way; no need to be paying us so much and running up against so much regulatory and compliance stuff, and tired drivers crashing, missing placards, etc. can’t be good for the CSA score. Once the shareholders get wind of us being the darling new mini-OD clone, they will expect modernization, and fast.

Pictures are taken of each trailer loaded at the dock and sent ahead to the destination terminal and at it's arrival, so there's Instant accountability of dock personnel, supervisors,and management.
I used to hook to set’s coming out of RTO in PDX and deliver them to SEA. Open the door and watch out. Freight falling out. The dock supervisor would take pictures and send them to RTO. Next thing you would hear was that the majority of the dock would be fired at RTO.

Airbag’s, Straps and dunnage works. Other loads from origins like RNO and PHX would be opened and no damage, almost a perfect load with minimal shifting. It’s training the dock workers and holding them accountable.

The dock monkeys are too lazy to get there butts off the lift to do anything. Only thing they want are the bananas.
This is true everywhere until the manager starts getting a earfull and does not like it . and then passes it on down the line until it gets either fixed or better

Of course, me too, but over time even the most gracious of us will notice the inconsistent application and enforcement of rules, which breeds discontentment, bitterness, and apathy, a cancer that will rot any organization.

What, rhetorically, is the point of having rules if you don’t hold people to them? Why is smoking in tractors not allowed if you’re just going to try to make everyone happy (always a fail) and assign known smokers to share together? Then one of them is off and it’s the last tractor and you refuse to run it and dispatch loses their mind, because they tried to appease and placate instead of upholding policy.
It has been my experience over the years new rules must be enforced for a maximum of two weeks. Then we can go back to how we were.