XPO | Ratchet straps

It has been my experience over the years new rules must be enforced for a maximum of two weeks. Then we can go back to how we were.
WOW you give it 2 weeks one week max then it fades back to what was done before....Our until the higher up showup

Maybe someone's son is Ratchet Salesman ... Thats the way they do it in D.C. :duh:
Santa
As far as I'm concerned, the company can remove the safe stack beams, the airbags, and the ratchet straps. We have tie downs on the trailer sidewalls and non-ratcheting straps. Use those with plywood and load old school. IMO, this would be the best way to do it, but the company won't do that because they believe freight will be damaged. What the company fails to realize is that they can buy all kinds of fancy restraining devices for trailers but until they start cracking down on the morons who, for whatever reason, don't follow proper loading procedures, damage numbers will not come down to acceptable levels. WE WON'T BECOME A WORLD CLASS company! YOU PICKING UP WHAT I'M LAYING DOWN HERE, MANAGEMENT? Start smacking some pee pees and you'll start seeing less damage.

morons stay for ever the goods one mostly leave

Tried to use my first ratchet strap a couple days ago. Picked it up, looked at the ratchet, saw it was all bent to ::shit:: and wouldn;t move, tossed it. Grabbed second one, tried to hook it to the tie down loop, it has no hook, just the latch for the long slot and the doohicky for the loadbar track. Tossed it as well. Grabbed a slide buckle and it had the hooks I needed but wouldn't slide. 4th strap, second slide buckle, did the trick.

I'm not against ratchet straps but the company seems to think that the best way to fix people being unable to deal with simple things is to deliver solutions which are more complicated. Can't figure out how to use simple pro stickers? Let's add even more pro stickers, except they'll all be different and this couldn;t possibly lead to record amounts of cross pros, etc. People can't figure out how to use simple slide buckles? The buckles keep getting runover? ::shit::, let;s give them straps with levers and gears with even more fragile parts. That'll get it set right.

We don't have ratchet straps, but some come into circulation from other companies occasionally. I'm the only one I've seen use one. Most of the dock workers can't figure out how to use them. If freight is strapped in with a ratchet strap, I've seen them cut the strap because they don't know how to release it. I've also seen people stab air bags because they don't know how to deflate them.

Tried to use my first ratchet strap a couple days ago. Picked it up, looked at the ratchet, saw it was all bent to ::::shit:::: and wouldn;t move, tossed it. Grabbed second one, tried to hook it to the tie down loop, it has no hook, just the latch for the long slot and the doohicky for the loadbar track. Tossed it as well. Grabbed a slide buckle and it had the hooks I needed but wouldn't slide. 4th strap, second slide buckle, did the trick.

I'm not against ratchet straps but the company seems to think that the best way to fix people being unable to deal with simple things is to deliver solutions which are more complicated. Can't figure out how to use simple pro stickers? Let's add even more pro stickers, except they'll all be different and this couldn;t possibly lead to record amounts of cross pros, etc. People can't figure out how to use simple slide buckles? The buckles keep getting runover? ::::shit::::, let;s give them straps with levers and gears with even more fragile parts. That'll get it set right.
I’ve been joking on the dock that you have to pre-trip your straps now. No one has chuckled yet, but I’ll keep trying.

We don't have ratchet straps, but some come into circulation from other companies occasionally. I'm the only one I've seen use one. Most of the dock workers can't figure out how to use them. If freight is strapped in with a ratchet strap, I've seen them cut the strap because they don't know how to release it. I've also seen people stab air bags because they don't know how to deflate them.
One of our P&D drivers likes ratchet straps for his hazmat. You can tighten them down more and the freight is more secure in some cases.

I go looking for ratchet straps in the big gaylord full of straps and it took five bad ratchet straps before I got to a good one. All bent and/or fed wrong through the gears. All new ( no dirt on the strap part , and bright red )

The cameras , ratchet straps , and child pros: bad decisions and NO direction, guidance or follow up.

Just give it to them and hope the figure it out.

Not all are that dumb, they just do not care, or they think it is STICKING it to the MAN.

No straps, no placards, no problem! It’s ok, I’ve got all day to get out the gate…
My trailer was placard by a dockworker going by the handheld, and
it was wrong. I removed those placards
and he was pissed I never explained why it was wrong.
POOR TRAINING and he drinks BRAWNDO cause it got electrolytes.

What's the difference between ratchet straps and the regular pull straps???? You need to be seatbelted in when you run over a ratchet strap and render it useless. XPO should stop watching OD commercials. XPO has to understand OD holds its people accountable for what they do. I saw a dope ratchet strap a skid of 5 gal roofing tar so tight the tops popped off. Every year the six figure guys come up with some stupid idea to justify the salary. You want to start making money again hire more from the bottom and cut from the top.. Your welcome.
People hire others that they think will add to the TEAM
and lessen their own work struggles. Plus sometimes the driver promoted often becomes that
same elitist, but even worse that "I been there I know better" even if he is wrong!

My trailer was placard by a dockworker going by the handheld, and
it was wrong. I removed those placards
and he was pissed I never explained why it was wrong.
POOR TRAINING and he drinks BRAWNDO cause it got electrolytes.
So we would like to know why it was wrong?

They’re getting onto decks that spontaneously fall there has to be a safer way to secure the freight. Not that I don’t agree with the need to secure the freight.
Maybe we need to go back to the old ways and fingerprint and stack and pack freight so it doesn't go anywhere in transit. Good grief, can you imagine how forklift drivers would howl if that ever happened? :hysterical: