XPO | Real Photos of the New XPO Logistics

Why wouldn't you call Conway, XPO Freight instead of XPO Logistics? Isn't the parent company called XPO Logistics? Could be confusing to customers.
I was thinking something similar along the same lines. Some thing like, 'XPO LOGISTICS', in big bold print on the top half of our logo. And then underneath that in smaller less bold print something like, 'Freight Division'. Then he ,(Jacobs), could use the same branding pattern for other divisions of his subsidiaries. i.e., XPO LOGISTICS Intermodal for his containers, XPO LOGISTICS Truck Load etc., etc. That way he could advertise all the different service offerings that he's all excited about and perhaps solicit more business that way. Anyway, that 's the way I'd do it . But what do I know, I'm not a savvy businessman , but just a dumb truck driver.

I was thinking something similar along the same lines. Some thing like, 'XPO LOGISTICS', in big bold print on the top half of our logo. And then underneath that in smaller less bold print something like, 'Freight Division'. Then he ,(Jacobs), could use the same branding pattern for other divisions of his subsidiaries. i.e., XPO LOGISTICS Intermodal for his containers, XPO LOGISTICS Truck Load etc., etc. That way he could advertise all the different service offerings that he's all excited about and perhaps solicit more business that way. Anyway, that 's the way I'd do it . But what do I know, I'm not a savvy businessman , but just a dumb truck driver.
We already have Truckload pulling Freight vans by accident and vice versa at places where both divisions spot trailers. Hopefully there will be a way to clearly distinguish between the equipment - at least for XPO/Con-way drivers of different divisions.

We already have Truckload pulling Freight vans by accident and vice versa at places where both divisions spot trailers. Hopefully there will be a way to clearly distinguish between the equipment - at least for XPO/Con-way drivers of different divisions.

Unless his concept is for a seamless integration where all equipment is company equipment. Maybe keeping things separated was part of Con-way's mismanagement of resources.

The way he works so much with big blue chip companies, I am not sure he needs to advertise services on his equipment. His is very big on branding. And his wanting to push this global entity is big in the forefront of his plan. That said, I still see containers all the time that say Pacer on them. And he bought them up a while ago. So it's a little hard to tell sometimes, the difference between what he's saying and what he means.

Why wouldn't you call Conway, XPO Freight instead of XPO Logistics? Isn't the parent company called XPO Logistics? Could be confusing to customers.

This isn't a YRC - Holland situation. We are not being run separately or offering different services or pricing.

This isn't a YRC - Holland situation. We are not being run separately or offering different services or pricing.
We are going to offer different prices and services, Mr. Jacobs has said so himself. We are not going to be a bunch of different companies. Different divisions of the same company but there will only be 1 brand. Our equipment will look the same but LTL will still do that and TL will still do that.

We are going to offer different prices and services, Mr. Jacobs has said so himself. We are not going to be a bunch of different companies. Different divisions of the same company but there will only be 1 brand. Our equipment will look the same but LTL will still do that and TL will still do that.
You kind of contradict yourself. You are going to be one company but do different services. This may be the case at first but that grey line could grow much wider over time. CEOs say alot of feel good things right after a buyout.

You kind of contradict yourself. You are going to be one company but do different services. This may be the case at first but that grey line could grow much wider over time. CEOs say alot of feel good things right after a buyout.
One company with different divisions. Differentiated services but one brand. Just like UPS parcel and UPS freight. Fed Ex Freight, Express, Ground.

He said XPO will offer a variety of services. And that they would use the entire network to deliver those services as cheaply as possible.

One company with different divisions. Differentiated services but one brand. Just like UPS parcel and UPS freight. Fed Ex Freight, Express, Ground.
There is no gray line there, they each do what they do. One company one brand.

I have yet to hear where he has said anything like that. Remember, he isn't trying to mimic those companies, he is competing with them. If you have a link or a quote, I'd like to read it. Everything I have seen he never divides his own company, it's all about cohesion and synergy.

I don't know why we should worry. We are going to grow. I think maybe you should worry because we are going to grow at our competitions expense.

The MOU is the ticking time bomb at YRC. They will self destruct or continue to give back until they give up. Read up on the Hostess debacle. That is the path YRC is on.

There is no gray line there, they each do what they do. One company one brand.
And I have been at a customer to pick up when Fedex had freight, ground, and express all there at the same time. Thats not cost effective at all but it is the consequence of a massive company. It seems like this Jacobs is a little more savy than that and wont let that happen.