XPO | Reasons you still work at con-way

One reason ...still a real nice paycheck at the end of the week. 2nd reason ..I like the idea of the company giving me money to invest as i see fit and if I did decide to leave its all mine. Pension money they keep and you get jack. 3rd reason ....Look at the other boards, everybody has problems to deal with. Its just a matter of how YOU handle it. If you don't like where you are at you have to move on or change. Key word in that sentence YOU. And I think that applies to a lot of things....life, marriage, work, religion, ect..... just my thoughts

One reason ...still a real nice paycheck at the end of the week. 2nd reason ..I like the idea of the company giving me money to invest as i see fit and if I did decide to leave its all mine. Pension money they keep and you get jack. 3rd reason ....Look at the other boards, everybody has problems to deal with. Its just a matter of how YOU handle it. If you don't like where you are at you have to move on or change. Key word in that sentence YOU. And I think that applies to a lot of things....life, marriage, work, religion, ect..... just my thoughts

well said..its all about how YOU personally deal with certain circumstances.yea l/h drvrs may be loaded late...yea you might have alot of p/ups...yea that breaker might be ugly...but at the end of the day it all gets done and yea we get paid for every minute of it !so next time you get real down and thinking about how bad your job sucks,just think of all the people out there right now that dont have a job or means to fead their family and how they would trade places with YOU in a second...but would YOU trade with them???be greateful for what you have for you may not always have it.....

well said..its all about how YOU personally deal with certain circumstances.yea l/h drvrs may be loaded late...yea you might have alot of p/ups...yea that breaker might be ugly...but at the end of the day it all gets done and yea we get paid for every minute of it !so next time you get real down and thinking about how bad your job sucks,just think of all the people out there right now that dont have a job or means to fead their family and how they would trade places with YOU in a second...but would YOU trade with them???be greateful for what you have for you may not always have it.....

I think alot of us stay because we couldnt handle starting over on another flex type board. The money here IS good and the benefits are pretty run of the mill as far as ltls go i think. Personally, i feel switching to a 401k over a pension is a better deal because it makes us all responsible for our own retirement.

Theres alot of things id like to change about ConWay but mine and my families economic security comes first. I cannot count on anyone else providing for them so some days you just grit yur teeth and deal with it.

I think alot of us stay because we couldnt handle starting over on another flex type board. The money here IS good and the benefits are pretty run of the mill as far as ltls go i think. Personally, i feel switching to a 401k over a pension is a better deal because it makes us all responsible for our own retirement.

Theres alot of things id like to change about ConWay but mine and my families economic security comes first. I cannot count on anyone else providing for them so some days you just grit yur teeth and deal with it.

yep,it's all about what length would you go to to provide food,clothes,education,and warm bed to sleep in every night ??personally to be able to do this for my family i have have done alot worse than anything con-way could throw my way.so try to stay positive cause no matter how bad you got it someone else has it worse..and lets be realistic the pay is good so are the bennys..some things suck but no matter where you work things are gonna suck..so suck it up git r dun

yep,it's all about what length would you go to to provide food,clothes,education,and warm bed to sleep in every night ??personally to be able to do this for my family i have have done alot worse than anything con-way could throw my way.so try to stay positive cause no matter how bad you got it someone else has it worse..and lets be realistic the pay is good so are the bennys..some things suck but no matter where you work things are gonna suck..so suck it up git r dun

Motorhead2, Motoman, Bear Hammer, Roadeo, and peddler70, how did you guys sneak in here and post something positive about the company?

As my avatar implies there are a lot of guys running around screaming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!" and I choose to stay off of that band wagon.

So, let me add you guys to the list of C.L.S. survivors (Chicken Little Syndrome). The job here is still what you make of it.

Have a great Holiday season fellas!

Motorhead2, Motoman, Bear Hammer, Roadeo, and peddler70, how did you guys sneak in here and post something positive about the company?

As my avatar implies there are a lot of guys running around screaming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!" and I choose to stay off of that band wagon.

So, let me add you guys to the list of C.L.S. survivors (Chicken Little Syndrome). The job here is still what you make of it.

Give them all greenies for staying positive.:1036316054:

Give them all greenies for staying positive.:1036316054:

Lol

Look at the other boards, everybody has problems to deal with.

Now thats funny! The other boards arent 1/2 as bad as this place. Your comments basically show the fear. Its ok too be scared, if your scared, say your scared!

Lol

Look at the other boards, everybody has problems to deal with.

Now thats funny! The other boards arent 1/2 as bad as this place. Your comments basically show the fear. Its ok too be scared, if your scared, say your scared!