XPO | Reasons you still work at con-way

Another manager making his point. How about......

Ask not what conway can do for you ask conway what they have taken from you.

I don't remember watching the other comparable ltl companies taking away the employees sick days, pension & the list goes on and on. Comparable companies would be UPS, Yellow, New Penn, FED EX and so on. Go on those forums and see what they are talking about. Its not even a 1/3 of the BS we have gone through and continue too! Instead they kept most of their nice bennies and gained more. Think about this. We are the highest paying LTL company out there in 99% of the markets. Yet we have the highest turnover(revolving door) and 99.99% of experienced drivers will not even consider coming over. Of course we have a reason too ***** and moan but guess what MR. FOS we still do our jobs well even under these horrific conditions! Its the management that has created and continues too create a driver vs driver battle along with working conditions that are dangerous and assanine! Face the facts our future is ugly if you have less than 10 years in here be worried about going another 20 and dont worry theres no pension at the end of the rainbow anymore. If you think the company isnt going downhill fast just check out any FAC and look at most of the apprentice drivers. You better look fast they change faces faster than Hilary Clinton changes her mind.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Reminds me of the story about the guy who fell off the 20 story building. As he past every floor he said to the people watching out the windows " well I'm doing OK so far." We're all falling, better have a plan B, the sidewalk is approaching fast. Press on

well I stand by mywords, that if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem, not an FOS not even intrested in doing that job for what they expect , and what the company is willing to pay for that job, yes there are negatives but we fail to see the positives, maybe I am missing the unsafe working conditions, I am sorry if I miss that, perhaps you could point those out to me, I am not trying to be a wise guy, I seriously want to know, I guess maybe I am a bit old school if you see something that needs change, then work at it, tossing words will accomplish nothing, disatisfied with the current pres? then remember to send in your proxy vote,things can be changed, and things can be made better, but not by slinging mud at each other as drivers, just stand up and do what they are paying you to do, not too much to ask I believe

Good One George

Reminds me of the story about the guy who fell off the 20 story building. As he past every floor he said to the people watching out the windows " well I'm doing OK so far." We're all falling, better have a plan B, the sidewalk is approaching fast. Press on

Might be xgo's outlook on the stealing from the employees, "Hmmm seem to be O.K. so far". From past experience with the jokers in AA, there will be more un-thought out changes for the sake of justifying their overpaid and over ICP'd jobs. Just love the idle time cut out for city units, mine use to idle forever ,in cold days nice,now a minute and 15 seconds, it shuts off at traffic lights ,hey guys does it save fuel to have me re-starting the power unit in traffic 6 or 7 times a day? In a delivery that only takes 2 minutes to unload I have to get back in and start tractor back up.Getting tired of customers and competitors laughing "what is wrong with your truck?" ABF,Towne Air and others have shut down times of 12 or more minutes. Should be a real treat this spring when it gets to 20 below and I have to stand out in wind to deliver at a construction site,then get back in truck with "heater" blowing cold air. Way to go Xgo think this will get more sales tips from me???? Wizard.

well I stand by mywords, that if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem, not an FOS not even intrested in doing that job for what they expect , and what the company is willing to pay for that job, yes there are negatives but we fail to see the positives, maybe I am missing the unsafe working conditions, I am sorry if I miss that, perhaps you could point those out to me, I am not trying to be a wise guy, I seriously want to know, I guess maybe I am a bit old school if you see something that needs change, then work at it, tossing words will accomplish nothing, disatisfied with the current pres? then remember to send in your proxy vote,things can be changed, and things can be made better, but not by slinging mud at each other as drivers, just stand up and do what they are paying you to do, not too much to ask I believe
having drivers race each other to the reships(FI/FO)

having drivers race each other to the reships(FI/FO)

I have been doing so me research on this FI/FO .... the last answer I got was it goes by order of ORIGIN dispatch and you make it to the reship ON TIME

eventaully I will have the correct answer

This is exactly what Lawofone is getting at. There is WAY too much in fighting with the drivers to solve anything .... but take that vacation away .... Shadow Chaser welcome to the boards your two hard hitting honest posts from a fellow driver deserves some rep points form me. I hope you find the boards as informative as I have. Also ... ever think to realize that maybe the FOS' are just as fed up with goings on like the rest of you are. The ones I speak to sure are. The ones that dont are liars.

that just on VIA's or am i worng on that?

I believe you are incorrect on that. If you are on a via your origin fos has to give you a fighting chance to make it on time also. Especially if you have 5 other guys following behind you. It is usually the bigger terminal dsr's that will booger the senior guys and the ignorance of certain fos' that will let the so called bottom feeders get away with this.

well with not being a sr man any were i don't do to many via's so i'm not real sure how they work. most of the time i get clean up via's. or a last min add on via to the reship.

Might be xgo's outlook on the stealing from the employees, "Hmmm seem to be O.K. so far". From past experience with the jokers in AA, there will be more un-thought out changes for the sake of justifying their overpaid and over ICP'd jobs. Just love the idle time cut out for city units, mine use to idle forever ,in cold days nice,now a minute and 15 seconds, it shuts off at traffic lights ,hey guys does it save fuel to have me re-starting the power unit in traffic 6 or 7 times a day? In a delivery that only takes 2 minutes to unload I have to get back in and start tractor back up.Getting tired of customers and competitors laughing "what is wrong with your truck?" ABF,Towne Air and others have shut down times of 12 or more minutes. Should be a real treat this spring when it gets to 20 below and I have to stand out in wind to deliver at a construction site,then get back in truck with "heater" blowing cold air. Way to go Xgo think this will get more sales tips from me???? Wizard.

And we all know that a happy driver will sell, sell, sell.

You are paid to perform the minimum requirements of the job. That = 100%. The entitlements you seem to be referring to are things employees should expect and be entitled to, such as, clean, safe, reasonably comfortable tractors and other pieces of company equipment needed to do the job in an efficient, safe manner. Employees should belly ache about poor quality equipment and being asked/told to do more production than they are being paid to do.

I do feel one more entitlement and that is The Corporation compensates me as we had been told they would when I joined this band of thieves. I've always been a hand shake is my word kinda guy but I guess we should of had a written contract.

I do agree there are things that are wrong, and things that are handled differently than I would, let me add my two cents on the idle time, now first for everyone who thinks union is better may I remind you of the policy UPS has on idle time, (for the record I have worked both union and non union the union has its place dont get me wrong I am not anti union, just not sure a union would solve anything with some of these complaints)be it the tractors or delivery vehicles, they are told to shut them off at each stop, idleing for more than a few mins in my mind is a waste, we all know an idleing engine cools faster than one that is shut down, so as far as the argument being warmer i say , no, cooler air blowing perhaps, but cold air come on, also if your tractor is shutting down while sitting at a stop light then something else is wrong, because they are not set up to shut down with the brakes released, take it to the shop if that is a legit problem, think about this, consider all of out power units system wide, now idle them needlessly everyday lets just say an average of 15 mins per unit, I dont care how you slice it that is alot of fuel used needlessly, I am not saying some of the things done are silly, or at least seem that way on the surface, cutting the speed seems silly to me, but I am wondering if we are getting the full story on that, seems there could be a chance of perhaps insurance premium reductions or other things at paly on that, like I said I dont know, however I dont believe they could honestly think they will realize significant fuel savings by going slower, on the flip side of this whole thing, we are merging everything into one unit, seems to me there is alot of higher ups scrambling to justify thier employment, could it be everyone is so busy trying to look justifyable, that the person next to them sint even paying attention?
now as for the guys racing each other to reship and such, seriously how childish can people get, i agree and acknowledge there are some bad apples in the bunch with a "me" attitude, bottom line I guess to me, is try to work for change, griping and complaining will do nothing, but griping and complaining and talking with the right people will, change starts with each one of us, and as I stated before, if your not part of the solution, then your part of the problem

How long

I do agree there are things that are wrong, and things that are handled differently than I would, let me add my two cents on the idle time, now first for everyone who thinks union is better may I remind you of the policy UPS has on idle time, (for the record I have worked both union and non union the union has its place dont get me wrong I am not anti union, just not sure a union would solve anything with some of these complaints)be it the tractors or delivery vehicles, they are told to shut them off at each stop, idleing for more than a few mins in my mind is a waste, we all know an idleing engine cools faster than one that is shut down, so as far as the argument being warmer i say , no, cooler air blowing perhaps, but cold air come on, also if your tractor is shutting down while sitting at a stop light then something else is wrong, because they are not set up to shut down with the brakes released, take it to the shop if that is a legit problem, think about this, consider all of out power units system wide, now idle them needlessly everyday lets just say an average of 15 mins per unit, I dont care how you slice it that is alot of fuel used needlessly, I am not saying some of the things done are silly, or at least seem that way on the surface, cutting the speed seems silly to me, but I am wondering if we are getting the full story on that, seems there could be a chance of perhaps insurance premium reductions or other things at paly on that, like I said I dont know, however I dont believe they could honestly think they will realize significant fuel savings by going slower, on the flip side of this whole thing, we are merging everything into one unit, seems to me there is alot of higher ups scrambling to justify thier employment, could it be everyone is so busy trying to look justifyable, that the person next to them sint even paying attention?
now as for the guys racing each other to reship and such, seriously how childish can people get, i agree and acknowledge there are some bad apples in the bunch with a "me" attitude, bottom line I guess to me, is try to work for change, griping and complaining will do nothing, but griping and complaining and talking with the right people will, change starts with each one of us, and as I stated before, if your not part of the solution, then your part of the problem

How long have you been in management? Let me guess you will claim too be a DSR right?

How long have you been in management? Let me guess you will claim too be a DSR right?

Well then ... you are part of the problem. You are too focused in on arguing and accusing somebody of being something he is or is not. You fall right into what shadow chaser considers to be part of the problem.

I am not in managment, I will say I have considered managment jobs twice, however I chose to stay as a driver, i enjoy what I do, and feel I have abilities , and a work ethic that is best used as a driver, maybe its my country backround I am not sure, I am not here to start bickering, nothing gets solved that way, what I am trying to do is raise awarness that change starts with each and everyone of us, we all have certain responsibilities, some choose to accept them, others do not, I have to say I have never been asked or forced to do something I felt wasnt safe, do I get tired, yes, but not near as bad as I did when I was an over the road driver, the trucking industry as a whole gets abused and battered, at least with Con Way, and I assume most other companies simular to us, we are compensated for the duties we perform.
and if you think making your concerns heard by managment does nothing, then recall the vacation changes, that where reversed after negative driver input, small step perhaps, but none the less a step

Fixed

Well then ... you are part of the problem. You are too focused in on arguing and accusing somebody of being something he is or is not. You fall right into what shadow chaser considers to be part of the problem.

We are going too fix our problems and will decide what are options are this Sunday. We have 2 terminals that are nearbye and attending. About 75% are coming so far and that's way more than we need.:1036316054:

We are going too fix our problems and will decide what are options are this Sunday. We have 2 terminals that are nearbye and attending. About 75% are coming so far and that's way more than we need.:1036316054:

Last time I hooked into watching this type of activity with interest, it all turned out to be fictitious "fun" that really let a lot of people down. If this is real, I too am very interested in hearing what the deal is.