XPO | Reasons you still work at con-way

:hide: Pay check.....Did I mention Pay check?.....................Once again, Did I mention Pay check? OK Why are you still here? :smilie_132:

:hide: Pay check.....Did I mention Pay check?.....................Once again, Did I mention Pay check? OK Why are you still here? :smilie_132:

please dont take my comments about conway as being positive and cheery. personally i think a good portion of the executives and board members should be locked up for theivery at best or worst case scenerio have to wear a sign around their neck that says"hi, my name is ____, and i am a douchebag."

working at conway provides for my family first and foremost. dont think for a second i wouldnt jump if a realistic better offer presented itself but unfortunately the days of those types of jobs has passed. i give them a days work for a days pay, no more. you want me to go above and beyond the call? forgetaboutit! that went the way of the pension, turning down the engines, etc.

even though my employment at conway stems from my family needs, i never have, and never will step on the necks of thse below me or those above me to better my position with the company. i, unlike the company practice what i preach, or at least do my best to.

I love the leadership here! They lead by example, if they led me to a bridge I would not jump, but I would stand below, waiting to break their fall!:toxic: A good paycheck, and many friends ( drivers ) but the takeaway game is getting old quick!

I actually do like what I do and the people I work with. It would be nice not to have to work such long hours, I could have a life outside my job. Do I think upper management are crooks?...absolutely, I also believe they are able to be so because our public leaders are crooks. I know that if one compares our salary and benies to most working Americans, we're doing pretty good. BUT, I also know we were doing better 5 yrs ago, that things are on a downward spiral, middles-class America is losing their chance at the American dream due to corporate greed, greed we here at conway are experiencing first-hand as they take and take. While some among us take the part of company spokemen telling us "it's okay, you've got it better than so-and-so". This may be true, but the fact is we are loosing ground in our compensation package while upper management is filling their pockets with riches. Time to think of our future and that of our children......

Look at the other boards, everybody has problems to deal with.

Now thats funny! The other boards arent 1/2 as bad as this place. Your comments basically show the fear. Its ok too be scared, if your scared, say your scared!

Ain't scared brother ......I've been here long enough to see good and bad ...its just how YOU deal with it

The money and I enjoy my co-workers,well except that one guy:hysterical: It's a real good gig around here,but if the right job comes along.........:smilie_132:

i am getting to close to retirement to quit now. i have a good driving record for another, but, why start over this late in life.

I am far from being a new hire with over 10 years in with the company, but what grates me is the sense of intitalment many of the sr drivers seem to have, what ever happened to doing the job you are being paid to do, have things changed? yes, are some for the better I believe so, some for the worse, still to be seen.
no this isnt the same company it was when it was started, but in an ever changing world what really is, I am amazed daily at the whinning and belly aching that, especially from so many of the sr drivers, dont get me wrong there are a fair share of good seasoned drivers also, we have a good mix, what I dont understand is the sense of intitalment these drivers have, and why in the world would they stay at a compnay they feel so poorly about.
look around folks we have decent epuipment, dont agree?, then look at some of the competions stuff, and while on that subject why not try giving a crap about caring for your equipment, and dont say its not mine, because it belongs to all of us we are all shareholders, I personally drive a tractor with well over 900000 on it, and its not cherry but its in better condition than many lower milage units, why? because i address the little things that come up, and because as much as you might not like to hear it, I still care
so basically to sum it all up, look around yourself, are you part of the solution? or are you part of the problem? I have had plenty of low paying jobs where I worked just as hard, if not harder, but we are in many ways a spoiled nation and too self absorbed to see the real deal, I guess if you dont like the 75-80,000 a year linehaul gig, then go flip burgers for min wage, but dont forget to put the fancy houses, cars, and other toys in the for sale section of the paper first

I am far from being a new hire with over 10 years in with the company, but what grates me is the sense of intitalment many of the sr drivers seem to have, what ever happened to doing the job you are being paid to do, have things changed? yes, are some for the better I believe so, some for the worse, still to be seen.
no this isnt the same company it was when it was started, but in an ever changing world what really is, I am amazed daily at the whinning and belly aching that, especially from so many of the sr drivers, dont get me wrong there are a fair share of good seasoned drivers also, we have a good mix, what I dont understand is the sense of intitalment these drivers have, and why in the world would they stay at a compnay they feel so poorly about.
look around folks we have decent epuipment, dont agree?, then look at some of the competions stuff, and while on that subject why not try giving a crap about caring for your equipment, and dont say its not mine, because it belongs to all of us we are all shareholders, I personally drive a tractor with well over 900000 on it, and its not cherry but its in better condition than many lower milage units, why? because i address the little things that come up, and because as much as you might not like to hear it, I still care
so basically to sum it all up, look around yourself, are you part of the solution? or are you part of the problem? I have had plenty of low paying jobs where I worked just as hard, if not harder, but we are in many ways a spoiled nation and too self absorbed to see the real deal, I guess if you dont like the 75-80,000 a year linehaul gig, then go flip burgers for min wage, but dont forget to put the fancy houses, cars, and other toys in the for sale section of the paper first

Thanks for the advice, Shadow Chaser.

You are paid to perform the minimum requirements of the job. That = 100%. The entitlements you seem to be referring to are things employees should expect and be entitled to, such as, clean, safe, reasonably comfortable tractors and other pieces of company equipment needed to do the job in an efficient, safe manner. Employees should belly ache about poor quality equipment and being asked/told to do more production than they are being paid to do.