XPO | Rebid

9Lives

TB Lurker
Credits
Things are getting worse,Im 1 month behind on my mortgage.Ive been here 17 years.If I dont run day linehaul I go In the city,lucky to get 5 to 6 hours.They wont let go the dock workers so I can work more.Most of them been here 1 year,starting this year.I feel like we should rebid and start new bids now with this big change.Ive paid big dues to Con-way to get disrespected by numbers,numbers,numbers.I cancelled all my vacation all year just to take 10 hours PTO day so I would get paid.

re-bid? is there a major change in service like adding a new run or loosing one? i doubt you'll ever see a re-bid thats the whole reason for the process. i really wish we would select every 6 months instead of every 12 though. Dock workers were suppose to be supplemental is what we were told.

re-bid? is there a major change in service like adding a new run or loosing one? i doubt you'll ever see a re-bid thats the whole reason for the process. i really wish we would select every 6 months instead of every 12 though. Dock workers were suppose to be supplemental is what we were told.
I'm just upset, that wouldn't be fair to everybody.I could not wait to get to day linehaul, then everything went to the worse.I think Con-way might have seen this coming, that's why they sold.I just have to wait to next bid time, where at night, I'm guaranteed a good paycheck because of my seniority.I want XPO to do good,I'm only 50 with just a high school diploma,so I get the numbers,just frustrated.

this is a real problem all over and they wont make room for the top seniority to work full time they just keep bringing in the new drivers even if there is no work and backing up morning city drivers start times but keeping the dock workers start the same even if there is no work.we might have to get second jobs for a while tell this is over sad to say

I'm just upset, that wouldn't be fair to everybody.I could not wait to get to day linehaul, then everything went to the worse.I think Con-way might have seen this coming, that's why they sold.I just have to wait to next bid time, where at night, I'm guaranteed a good paycheck because of my seniority.I want XPO to do good,I'm only 50 with just a high school diploma,so I get the numbers,just frustrated.
I would not want to rebid every 6 months because every one would change because of the winter.

this is a real problem all over and they wont make room for the top seniority to work full time they just keep bringing in the new drivers even if there is no work and backing up morning city drivers start times but keeping the dock workers start the same even if there is no work.we might have to get second jobs for a while tell this is over sad to say
Its obviously not just our terminal,I think things will get better,I'm just waiting until rebid time.Its the second week of January right, still.Maybe January 11th.

Things are getting worse,Im 1 month behind on my mortgage.Ive been here 17 years.If I dont run day linehaul I go In the city,lucky to get 5 to 6 hours.They wont let go the dock workers so I can work more.Most of them been here 1 year,starting this year.I feel like we should rebid and start new bids now with this big change.Ive paid big dues to Con-way to get disrespected by numbers,numbers,numbers.I cancelled all my vacation all year just to take 10 hours PTO day so I would get paid.
After 17 years. How is that even possible? How many men are under you with all those years you have and are they starving. Something don't smell right here.

After 17 years. How is that even possible? How many men are under you with all those years you have and are they starving. Something don't smell right here.
Its numbers,I guess ,something don't smell right ,where you been,read the post. I do not give any details, I'm afraid they will close our terminal.

Its numbers,I guess ,something don't smell right ,where you been,read the post. I do not give any details, I'm afraid they will close our terminal.
Just a concerned fellow trucker that hates to see injustice. Never heard of a driver starving to death with 17 years unless there is a lot more to the story. Hope you get back to work. Remember there is a lot of companies crying for good drivers.

Just a concerned fellow trucker that hates to see injustice. Never heard of a driver starving to death with 17 years unless there is a lot more to the story. Hope you get back to work. Remember there is a lot of companies crying for good drivers.
I'm not starving, waited a long time to get here,I wanted to work days and still make money.We make good money,so to loose time Its costly.After a couple of months, I got knocked off the dock, 2 to 3 hours a day 250 to 375 a week,hired a bunch of part time and full time dock workers.Then things got real slow so I go Into city instead of day line haul In which pays 130 lees.Do the math that's a lot of less weekly check.I cancelled all my vacation time just so I could get payed for 10 hours when I go Into the city.

I'm not starving, waited a long time to get here,I wanted to work days and still make money.We make good money,so to loose time Its costly.After a couple of months, I got knocked off the dock, 2 to 3 hours a day 250 to 375 a week,hired a bunch of part time and full time dock workers.Then things got real slow so I go Into city instead of day line haul In which pays 130 lees.Do the math that's a lot of less weekly check.I cancelled all my vacation time just so I could get payed for 10 hours when I go Into the city.
So it's a bid thing. Ok I get it. Don't you guys bid every six months?

Con-way is dead. Past practices are out the window. Welcome to XPO. They are going to bring in more and more dock workers. Part timers and temporaries. It's cheaper. This guy is all about money. Con-way talked about doing it. Never did. Well, now here it is. Yes it has hurt us all. Go from 1100-1200 take home to 750-800 take home. If you were counting on that OT you are now screwed. 300-400 a week is 1200-1600 a month 14400-19200 a year less money for you. And that's take home dollars. Spendable money out of your budget.

Here everyone is saying they are going to the night line haul next year. You might need 10 years to be the bottom bid. You won't make anything in the city. That's guaranteed.

No we bid every year. l just got to hang in there for 8 more weeks.

The good thing about this deal is the timing. We all get a chance to change up our bids before the ::shit:: really hits the fan. This is going to be a wild ride.

Con-way is dead. Past practices are out the window. Welcome to XPO. They are going to bring in more and more dock workers. Part timers and temporaries. It's cheaper. This guy is all about money. Con-way talked about doing it. Never did. Well, now here it is. Yes it has hurt us all. Go from 1100-1200 take home to 750-800 take home. If you were counting on that OT you are now screwed. 300-400 a week is 1200-1600 a month 14400-19200 a year less money for you. And that's take home dollars. Spendable money out of your budget.

Here everyone is saying they are going to the night line haul next year. You might need 10 years to be the bottom bid. You won't make anything in the city. That's guaranteed.
Your right this what Con-way wanted to do the entire time,then drivers in Texas, yelled union.Then Con-way said oh you do deserve a raise, and raise the truck speed, and better this,and better that.So they stopped the union ,then they lost their fuel surcharge,profits fell.Instead fighting the union they sold It.Con-way has not done so well, to be stupid about the future,they new what the new changes would bring.Investors walked away with a sweet cash pay out.

Your right this what Con-way wanted to do the entire time,then drivers in Texas, yelled union.Then Con-way said oh you do deserve a raise, and raise the truck speed, and better this,and better that.So they stopped the union ,then they lost their fuel surcharge,profits fell.Instead fighting the union they sold It.Con-way has not done so well, to be stupid about the future,they new what the new changes would bring.Investors walked away with a sweet cash pay out.

And this Jacobs fella don't care about the union threat at all. He just drives around them. If you don't want to work, he will let you not work. Go ahead and walk out. Strike if you care to. He will leave you hang yourself. Con-way is dead. It's dead.

And a lot of bad ones also!....we don't care if you are good or bad, we just need drivers!

They are not allowed to back up a person with a bid! That happened to me on one occasion and it came to a screeching halt immediately. They are able to change start times as needed, not back you up. That's the flex board. A bid is like a contract between you and the company. Be late for your start and see if they don't bust your a$$. Nuff said.

I agree with bidding once a year, especially in the west where drivers have to run mountains and chain up...some drivers would bid off before winter so the bottom guys are forever screwed. No way to build morale.