XPO | Rebid

Upnorth , this order that things were/are supposed to go in - (no offense or picking a fight) But were does this pecking order come from that puts drivers on top? To be fair you answered a version of this back in September -

Is it like the your start time bid in the city , were if it's altered ( start time pushed back because of late freight , for example ) you CAN go to human resources and stop it from happening?

And Highspeeds , yes , Con-way Inc is gone. For those of us that remain or have survived until now we've been told we have a year of policies and practices being the same. If anyone that comes to this board sees otherwise ( as far as major changes that are handed down by XPO Logistics ) PLEASE - SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE REST OF US.
A little off subject I went by the xpo terminal in Wilkes Barre Pa. just to see if they changed anything over yet, and it was still the same. I thought they would have put a temporary sign over the one that still says Conway and for the driver its still the same uniform including the Conway hat....

Upnorth , this order that things were/are supposed to go in - (no offense or picking a fight) But were does this pecking order come from that puts drivers on top? To be fair you answered a version of this back in September -

Is it like the your start time bid in the city , were if it's altered ( start time pushed back because of late freight , for example ) you CAN go to human resources and stop it from happening?

And Highspeeds , yes , Con-way Inc is gone. For those of us that remain or have survived until now we've been told we have a year of policies and practices being the same. If anyone that comes to this board sees otherwise ( as far as major changes that are handed down by XPO Logistics ) PLEASE - SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE REST OF US.

What they told us was that pay and benefits would remain unchanged for a year. They said nothing of policies or practices.

A little off subject I went by the xpo terminal in Wilkes Barre Pa. just to see if they changed anything over yet, and it was still the same. I thought they would have put a temporary sign over the one that still says Conway and for the driver its still the same uniform including the Conway hat....

Unfortunately it's going to be a while until everything rolls out and everyone is on board. It's a big company.

ot was explained by both our TM and HR person several times in the last few years.. Our dock workers sit almost every day and drivers with no run at least get the dockwork.

Start time is allowed to be moved an hour to account for freight levels, they are suppose to call you three hours before your shift if they want to push it back more than that. It's clear that not many FOS follow or give two ***** about the dsr's... And that's wrong.

As for actual policy, we in Canada have no and never have had access to the policy and procedure manual. So we go by federal law.

ot was explained by both our TM and HR person several times in the last few years.. Our dock workers sit almost every day and drivers with no run at least get the dockwork.

Start time is allowed to be moved an hour to account for freight levels, they are suppose to call you three hours before your shift if they want to push it back more than that. It's clear that not many FOS follow or give two :::shit::: about the dsr's... And that's wrong.

As for actual policy, we in Canada have no and never have had access to the policy and procedure manual. So we go by federal law.

We ain't got laws like that here.

Start time is allowed to be moved an hour to account for freight levels, they are suppose to call you three hours before your shift if they want to push it back more than that. It's clear that not many FOS follow or give two :::shit::: about the dsr's... And that's wrong.

We have similar practices/policies? here as far as bid start times.

I guess what I was searching for is what level the decisions fall on: supervisors , managers , regional , VP or corporate? And operations or HR. When it's something like this , in my area it's a hot potato and if you ask a pointed question you're told that you need to talk to someone else. Pass the buck.

The only thing I see regarding this is this,

JiGhgGp.jpg
That page is from the old company. XPO may keep the same policy, but until I see something with an updated heading without the Con-Way name, I will take everything with a grain of salt.

:hilarious:
We have similar practices/policies? here as far as bid start times.

I guess what I was searching for is what level the decisions fall on: supervisors , managers , regional , VP or corporate? And operations or HR. When it's something like this , in my area it's a hot potato and if you ask a pointed question you're told that you need to talk to someone else. Pass the buck.
It wont matter, everything they say or do is always subject to change, that's managments way of saying I changed my mind!:growup::heykoolaid::hilarious::hilarious:

The policy is in effect until told otherwise. If 9lives is not a troll he is getting screwed and needs to do something about it. I would be throwing a fit to get my hours, calling any and everyone. Drivers are more valuable than dockworkers and need to eat first.

The policy is in effect until told otherwise. If 9lives is not a troll he is getting screwed and needs to do something about it. I would be throwing a fit to get my hours, calling any and everyone. Drivers are more valuable than dockworkers and need to eat first.

His struggle is real. It's not just where he is.

A lot of rumors going around that many of the leased terminals will be closed.

A lot of scared people. Just got bought and it's a bad economic cycle.

A lot of concern. No answers. Makes for paranoia.

We will all see soon enough.

XPO is global. Ask the guys in SoCal. He don't care.

Company wide ? Right. They couldn't get three terminals. Whatever. If that's your dream. Go ahead and keep dreaming.
Not a dream of mine actually. I've got 23+ years in with the IBT. Just concerned about those guys and how their seniority is being trampled. Fact: a contract would fix that issue.

Not a dream of mine actually. I've got 23+ years in with the IBT. Just concerned about those guys and how their seniority is being trampled. Fact: a contract would fix that issue.
Fact, at my barn seniority is honored. Fact, there are issues here and there at some barns. Fact, we have almost 300 terminals in our system and I would bet you at most, seniority is honored. There is no way no how we will join the teamsters now that the mess that is your pension is out in the open. I was for orginizing and now am completely against. The teamsters have nothing to offer us at this time.

Fact, at my barn seniority is honored. Fact, there are issues here and there at some barns. Fact, we have almost 300 terminals in our system and I would bet you at most, seniority is honored. There is no way no how we will join the teamsters now that the mess that is your pension is out in the open. I was for orginizing and now am completely against. The teamsters have nothing to offer us at this time.

It's a new company. Things are going to change. Drivers are going to drive more. I still look forward to seeing how this all plays out.

Rad and highspeeds, it's a free country, and you can choose whatever path you desire in life. I chose the Union route for numerous reasons, and have been rarely disappointed. As for my pension, I'm in the Western Conference, and have suffered no such cuts. But, I do feel sorry for the ones that have. It's not all gloom and doom.

Its good that your pension is in good shape. I feel bad for the drivers in Central States. Its not right what has happend to them. Its kind of like what happend to our pension. Gutted, gutless, and good for nothing now. People that have worked hard their whole life don't deserve that. My father was a union man and retired with a good pension. The main reason I was pro union during this last drive was the promise of a pension so that I could retire with dignity like my father did. I still plan on retiring some day but its going to be alot harder and require alot of saving.

Con-way is dead. Past practices are out the window. Welcome to XPO. They are going to bring in more and more dock workers. Part timers and temporaries. It's cheaper. This guy is all about money. Con-way talked about doing it. Never did. Well, now here it is. Yes it has hurt us all. Go from 1100-1200 take home to 750-800 take home. If you were counting on that OT you are now screwed. 300-400 a week is 1200-1600 a month 14400-19200 a year less money for you. And that's take home dollars. Spendable money out of your budget.

Here everyone is saying they are going to the night line haul next year. You might need 10 years to be the bottom bid. You won't make anything in the city. That's guaranteed.
LOL........ Its funny how so many people "Know" whats going to happen. PS, I just heard from Chicken Little, the sky is falling.