XPO | Rebid

Its good that your pension is in good shape. I feel bad for the drivers in Central States. Its not right what has happend to them. Its kind of like what happend to our pension. Gutted, gutless, and good for nothing now. People that have worked hard their whole life don't deserve that. My father was a union man and retired with a good pension. The main reason I was pro union during this last drive was the promise of a pension so that I could retire with dignity like my father did. I still plan on retiring some day but its going to be alot harder and require alot of saving.
Amen, rad! The wife and I are empty-nesters now, so it's easier to sock it away nowadays. Still, nobody can predict the future. All we can do is keep on keepin' on!

LOL........ Its funny how so many people "Know" whats going to happen. PS, I just heard from Chicken Little, the sky is falling.

Here I think you are confusing what will happen with what has happened. Our OT is gone. Has been for over two months. It's a struggle to get 8 hours. They ask senior guys if they want to go home before they start their shift and then keep asking all day long.

Rad and highspeeds, it's a free country, and you can choose whatever path you desire in life. I chose the Union route for numerous reasons, and have been rarely disappointed. As for my pension, I'm in the Western Conference, and have suffered no such cuts. But, I do feel sorry for the ones that have. It's not all gloom and doom.

If you want to express your opinion. That's great. But if you want to talk facts, the facts is that the facts don't support the union.

Here I think you are confusing what will happen with what has happened. Our OT is gone. Has been for over two months. It's a struggle to get 8 hours. They ask senior guys if they want to go home before they start their shift and then keep asking all day long.
Not the same here. Linehaul has been slow, sitting two drivers some nights. The only reason I see for that slow down is other barns covering our outbound and the outbound holding two day freight for the FAC to cover. The city guys that always get ot still get the ot. Depends on the area you peddle.