XPO | Retirement Plan

Visitor here. I’m at second employer with Fidelity. Assuming the options are similar, I’ve been content with Fidelity for over 30 years.
When XPO moves ours , this will be my third employer with Fidelity over 20 years. I also have a pension and Roth IRA's with them.

As far as I can tell , they have been a good company. They have ( so far ) had really long hours for customer service by phone , and I've even went to a physical location nearby to handle some business.

Between T. Rowe Price abd Fidelity , I personally have had more options with Fidelity. ( I don't know if that's because of the employer involved or the different plan administrators )

If you see someone else get fired and you fear for your job that is a problem with you. I have never once feared for my job. These guys that get fired for “no reason at all”. Two sides to every story most guys only hear the rumors from the guy that was “fired for no reason”. When the reality was he was driving down the road watching YouTube videos. I’m amazed that with the things guys post on Facebook or on this site more guys are not terminated for social media policy violations. Some of these guys post stuff all day long putting time stamps out there as to why they don’t meet performance quota. This is a simple place to work at. They come up with some bs rules. Most of them slow the process down. Not once have I been harassed about my performance. Come in do the job you were hired to do. Maybe even put some effort into it. I see day to day the people that are bothered are always challenging the system and they bring 99% of their problems on their self.

I guess every barn is different because and the 12 years I've been with this company there has only been 3 guys fired at my place and all had good reasons to be let go, my experience has been if you do what you're supposed to do and don't do anything you're not then you have no reason to fear for your job.

You are very fortunate.

When XPO moves ours , this will be my third employer with Fidelity over 20 years. I also have a pension and Roth IRA's with them.

As far as I can tell , they have been a good company. They have ( so far ) had really long hours for customer service by phone , and I've even went to a physical location nearby to handle some business.

Between T. Rowe Price abd Fidelity , I personally have had more options with Fidelity. ( I don't know if that's because of the employer involved or the different plan administrators )
Within plans that are offered most companies limit the amount funds that you can invest in.

If you see someone else get fired and you fear for your job that is a problem with you. I have never once feared for my job. These guys that get fired for “no reason at all”. Two sides to every story most guys only hear the rumors from the guy that was “fired for no reason”. When the reality was he was driving down the road watching YouTube videos. I’m amazed that with the things guys post on Facebook or on this site more guys are not terminated for social media policy violations. Some of these guys post stuff all day long putting time stamps out there as to why they don’t meet performance quota. This is a simple place to work at. They come up with some bs rules. Most of them slow the process down. Not once have I been harassed about my performance. Come in do the job you were hired to do. Maybe even put some effort into it. I see day to day the people that are bothered are always challenging the system and they bring 99% of their problems on their self.

For the most part, I agree with you. But, some people do get let go for some really bad reasons. And when you work in a barn with high turnover. Them coming up with more reasons to get rid of people is upsetting.

For the most part, I agree with you. But, some people do get let go for some really bad reasons. And when you work in a barn with high turnover. Them coming up with more reasons to get rid of people is upsetting.
Here's the thing and remember this. Paperwork kills. When you file gets think sometimes any little screw up will get you canned. Late to work a few times, not seat belt on lift, and then bang some small infraction and you gone. You may think he got let go because of that small infraction but really it was all of those other problems in his file from the last year and the small one just broke the camels back

They say you have to do nothing. But you will have to pick where your current money in tr price is transferred too.

It will likely be slotted into a similar and corresponding fund. So, if you have a retirement target of 2040, you will go into that group. All these big corporate investments are very generalized. The biggest thing will be to pay attention to the fees. And to the limitations. Where you can and can't choose or elect to put money.

Here's the thing and remember this. Paperwork kills. When you file gets think sometimes any little screw up will get you canned. Late to work a few times, not seat belt on lift, and then bang some small infraction and you gone. You may think he got let go because of that small infraction but really it was all of those other problems in his file from the last year and the small one just broke the camels back

At the end of the day, one thing is clear. We drivers are exploitable, expendable and disposable. They don't care one bit about of safety or well being or existence.

It will likely be slotted into a similar and corresponding fund. So, if you have a retirement target of 2040, you will go into that group. All these big corporate investments are very generalized. The biggest thing will be to pay attention to the fees. And to the limitations. Where you can and can't choose or elect to put money.
I thought it was your money to invest as you see fit? I guess that's not the case.

Actually , Fidelity eliminated their funds like that and feature the exact same T.Rowe Price funds.

What ? Re read that and try again. They eliminated the funds that they feature ? HUH ?
Fidelity got rid of their brand of funds ( Fidelity 2040 or whatever ) and now feature T.Rowe Price branded funds ( like the
T. Rowe Price Retirement 2040 Trust (Class C))

hVSDHn4.jpg

I have no idea what type of options Fidelity will offer once they begin administrating XPO's plans. These are the options that are available with another company through Fidelity. Notice the T.Rowe Price branded funds.

P.S.

I prefer the setup that T.Rowe Price offers with it's graphs and charts to what Fidelity offers. I hope Fidelity improves , but for now it's piecemeal and hops you around on their website when yoh are seeking information.

Last edited:
Fidelity is trying to catch up to T Rowe Price.
My understanding is they offered administrative discounts to Xpo and slightly higher fees for employees from what I heard. Hopefully everyone will find equal plans