XPO | Retirement Plan

Fidelity by Katie Reichart: Fidelity isn't without challenges but remains well positioned enough to compete in a changing industry. It earns an Above Average Parent rating. The firm's diversified asset mix has shielded it from steady outflows from its active U.S. equity funds, with its taxable-bond, international-equity, and low-priced index offerings attracting assets. Its revamped target-date offerings have improved, and in 2018, the firm plans to launch an additional series combining active and passive funds to better compete in an area where investor interest has grown.

It doesn't sound like Fidelity is that bad
That looks like an old article. “...and in 2018, the firm plans to launch...”. In a rich, thick Pittsburgh accent, I ask you: “Hazz abatt sump’n more ups to date?”

Have you have a 401k? They have IRAs you can put your money in with no risk
Same investment vehicle , one is company sponsored (401),they other one you can get on your own. Both invest in stock market. There are safe investments in market that provide good returns. Too many people run from investment from lack of knowledge and listen to fake news in drivers room.

Fidelity got rid of their brand of funds ( Fidelity 2040 or whatever ) and now feature T.Rowe Price branded funds ( like the
T. Rowe Price Retirement 2040 Trust (Class C))

hVSDHn4.jpg

I have no idea what type of options Fidelity will offer once they begin administrating XPO's plans. These are the options that are available with another company through Fidelity. Notice the T.Rowe Price branded funds.

P.S.

I prefer the setup that T.Rowe Price offers with it's graphs and charts to what Fidelity offers. I hope Fidelity improves , but for now it's piecemeal and hops you around on their website when yoh are seeking information.
I have Fidelity with my employer. I have a target date fund. I also have a fund that I buy & sell individual stocks with. Just FYI

I look at it this way. What every company XPO hires to manage the 401K account is up to them. I don't have to like it. The only and I mean the only reason I put money into the 401K is for the match. I put in the 5% to get the free 4%. the day the match goes away is the day they stop getting my money. The rest goes to my financial advisor.

I look at it this way. What every company XPO hires to manage the 401K account is up to them. I don't have to like it. The only and I mean the only reason I put money into the 401K is for the match. I put in the 5% to get the free 4%. the day the match goes away is the day they stop getting my money. The rest goes to my financial advisor.
Hell you don’t even like what they offer retirement yet you defend it as being good . So you can understand how that confusing right ?

As far as I understand , you do not have to contribute to receive what XPO gives ( in your case , 4% )

I called several times and spoke to T. Rowe Price about this to make sure it wasn't a mistake. I called to understand the Roth IRA option that was added a few years ago. I wanted to know if I would still get the company match if I placed all of my contribution in the Roth IRA portion of the 401k. ( I didn't want to miss any money )

Long story short , T. Rowe Price told me that XPO contributes regardless of how much money the employee puts in. It's no longer a match. The percentage is based off of how much you made , not how much you contribute.

I have Fidelity with my employer. I have a target date fund. I also have a fund that I buy & sell individual stocks with. Just FYI
Looking around and reading up on target date fund performances of different brokerages , I have seen rankings for Fidelity target date funds. They did replace them as an option ( for me , in my case ) with T.Rowe Price offerings.

As far as XPO , we will see what they have when we're switched over.

As far as I understand , you do not have to contribute to receive what XPO gives ( in your case , 4% )

I called several times and spoke to T. Rowe Price about this to make sure it wasn't a mistake. I called to understand the Roth IRA option that was added a few years ago. I wanted to know if I would still get the company match if I placed all of my contribution in the Roth IRA portion of the 401k. ( I didn't want to miss any money )

Long story short , T. Rowe Price told me that XPO contributes regardless of how much money the employee puts in. It's no longer a match. The percentage is based off of how much you made , not how much you contribute.
If you were hired before 1 Jan 2010 your plan is different. See below

The XPO Logistics, Inc. Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) helps you take control of your future by offering an easy, tax-advantaged way to save for retirement. Start saving and investing today.

Generally, legacy Con-way employees who were hired before January 1, 2010 are eligible for the RSP. Contact People Services if you have questions as to which plan you are eligible to participate in.

Saving for Your Future
  • You Contribute: You may contribute on a before-tax basis or on an after-tax basis through Roth contributions (subject to IRS limits).
  • XPO Logistics Contributes: XPO Logistics will contribute into your account each pay period, based on your Years of Service:
Basic Contribution
If your Years of Service at the end of the quarter are at least: The percentage you receive as a 100% vested Basic Contribution is:
6 months to 9 years 3% of compensation
10 years to 19 years 4% of compensation
20 or more years 5% of compensation
Transition Contribution
If you had at least five Years of Service and your points (age plus Years of Service) as of December 31, 2006 were at least: The percentage you receive as a 100% vested Transition Contribution is:
50 to 59 1% of compensation
60 to 69 2% of compensation
70 or more 3% of compensation

Those hired after 1 Jan 2010 get this

• You Contribute: You may contribute on a before-tax basis or on an after-tax basis through Roth contributions (subject to IRS limits).
  • XPO Logistics Contributes: All employees will have an opportunity to receive a 4% company match. For every $1.00 you contribute up to 5% of earnings, XPO will add to your account $1.00 on the first 3% and $0.50 on the next 2% of earnings. Company contributions begin after you have completed one year of service.

Hell you don’t even like what they offer retirement yet you defend it as being good . So you can understand how that confusing right ?
Were did I say that???? I only said that anyone that doesn't put 5% in to get the free 4% is not smart.

If you were hired before 1 Jan 2010 your plan is different. See below

The XPO Logistics, Inc. Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) helps you take control of your future by offering an easy, tax-advantaged way to save for retirement. Start saving and investing today.

Generally, legacy Con-way employees who were hired before January 1, 2010 are eligible for the RSP. Contact People Services if you have questions as to which plan you are eligible to participate in.

Saving for Your Future
  • XPO Logistics Contributes: XPO Logistics will contribute into your account each pay period, based on your Years of Service:
Basic Contribution
If your Years of Service at the end of the quarter are at least:
The percentage you receive as a 100% vested Basic Contribution is:
6 months to 9 years 3% of compensation
10 years to 19 years 4% of compensation
20 or more years 5% of compensation
Transition Contribution
If you had at least five Years of Service and your points (age plus Years of Service) as of December 31, 2006 were at least:
The percentage you receive as a 100% vested Transition Contribution is:
50 to 59 1% of compensation
60 to 69 2% of compensation
70 or more 3% of compensation
Those hired after 1 Jan 2010 get this

• XPO Logistics Contributes: All employees will have an opportunity to receive a 4% company match. For every $1.00 you contribute up to 5% of earnings, XPO will add to your account $1.00 on the first 3% and $0.50 on the next 2% of earnings. Company contributions begin after you have completed one year of service.
Thank you. We've went over this before on this board. In detail.

XPO contributes. Without the employee having to withhold a specific amount. The amount is a percentage of how much you earned that week and how long you've been employed at XPO/Con-way.