ABF | Right to work State.

Lefty.

TB Lurker
Credits
What if you go that route. What happens, I would think you get shunned. it's been a one way relationship. I give they take. Sometimes I get a pen when they come around. For almost seventy bucks a month. I know there out to survive going far left . Union is more like a company union. No hard feelings,

What if you go that route. What happens, I would think you get shunned. it's been a one way relationship. I give they take. Sometimes I get a pen when they come around. For almost seventy bucks a month. I know there out to survive going far left . Union is more like a company union. No hard feelings,
I would say do whatever you think is necessary, but don't expect your brothers who pay to cheer you on....and if you are unhappy with the union, then go to meetings, get involved, make a difference...

I do agree more can be done, a lot more. You can go the route of not paying & get what you pay for. In my opinion your only as good as your steward, me personally I represent myself....

I do agree more can be done, a lot more. You can go the route of not paying & get what you pay for. In my opinion your only as good as your steward, me personally I represent myself....
I agree with you, my steward is a human, so I make sure I know how the contract reads so I can help solve problems also....we will bounce ideas off each other...two heads are better than one...

I agree with you, my steward is a human, so I make sure I know how the contract reads so I can help solve problems also....we will bounce ideas off each other...two heads are better than one...
Only problem with that is when he sticks up for the company 99.9 % of the time your forced to represent yourself. My last two years were educational to say the least....

Only problem with that is when he sticks up for the company 99.9 % of the time your forced to represent yourself. My last two years were educational to say the least....
Time to change stewards.
We had a Charl steward taking rest in Jax.
He was awakened and given 2 options.
When you get back to Charl, you will resign or you won't like your other option.
He chose his first option.

What if you go that route. What happens, I would think you get shunned. it's been a one way relationship. I give they take. Sometimes I get a pen when they come around. For almost seventy bucks a month. I know they’re out to survive going far left . Union is more like a company union. No hard feelings,
The reason you have the pension, healthcare, and work rules that prevent your seniority from being violated is because of the contract you work under at ABF. Do you honestly think you would be getting any of those things if the company were not required by contract to do so? My advice would be to learn the contract, file grievances when you have contract language backing up your claim, and getting involved by going to meetings and contacting you Business Agent with your concerns. I am a firm believer that if you are going to work at a company that is under a Union contract, then you need to pay your part or move along to a company that is not under a Union contract. If you were to go to work at a non-Union employer, I am pretty sure you would quickly learn the true benefits of working under a Union Contract. That $70.00 a month is a pretty cheap price to pay for a pension and our top-of-line healthcare we get because of the contract. ABF pays in roughly $800.00 a week for these two Union benefits alone.

I don't like being middle class. I work hard and honest for everything, and still lose. I had a scan recently paid one hundred dollars for it. Next day hospital called me by accident wanting to pay for me. Seen I paid and and work said call is a mistake. Everything you work so hard for people get for free. And they don't have to worship there union. There God is big government. Try to retire early. You get Penny's. Work the system you get tax free disability. You can live anywhere in the world for that much. This country lost to people scamming tax payers. I don't want to pay taxes all goes to unemployable state, federal, city worker's who can't get a job. So government makes up phony job's almost all my grievances we're brushed off. The union doesn't care for me.and it goes higher than Stewart.

I don't like being middle class. I work hard and honest for everything, and still lose. I had a scan recently paid one hundred dollars for it. Next day hospital called me by accident wanting to pay for me. Seen I paid and and work said call is a mistake. Everything you work so hard for people get for free. And they don't have to worship there union. There God is big government. Try to retire early. You get Penny's. Work the system you get tax free disability. You can live anywhere in the world for that much. This country lost to people scamming tax payers. I don't want to pay taxes all goes to unemployable state, federal, city worker's who can't get a job. So government makes up phony job's almost all my grievances we're brushed off. The union doesn't care for me.and it goes higher than Stewart.
Then I would recommend you go work for a non-Union employer. As far as retiring early, I am not sure which pension fund you are under, but here in Central States you are penalized 6% for each year you are short of being 62 years old for all contributions made on your behalf beginning in 2004. All contributions before then are paid at 100% after the age of 57. That would be considerably more than “penny’s” as you put it. And, if healthcare is your issue, go to some of the other non-Union forums and read what they have to say about their healthcare and how much they have to pay out-of-pocket as well as their weekly cost for insurance. And, if your grievances are being brushed aside with no explanation, I recommend you get with your BA for an explanation. Are you filing them with the correct Article and Section number and writing a detailed story on what happened? Are you including unit numbers, pro numbers, or pictures that support your grievance? I can’t help you with your government issues as that affects us all. But, what do the government issues you listed have to do with whether you are Union or non-Union?

I Retired at 54, for the past 33 years, each month, I have been drawing a little more than pennies.
Your post makes me wonder if I owe them anything.

Things have changed, if they didn't bale out the pension, you would owe them. I ask once before about my pension was told it's going broke 2025.

Things have changed, if they didn't bale out the pension, you would owe them. I ask once before about my pension was told it's going broke 2025.
Don't tell me that, mama will be digging up our Mason jars and hiding them.
I'm guaranteed a lifetime pension and I'm shooting for 126 years of age.
Your pension is safe. :smiliewhs:

Get ahold of your local and have them mail you a pension booklet as well as a Health & Welfare booklet so you can research the specific issues you are having. The contract only states that the employer must pay in the required amount for coverage. Your specific issues with either must be dealt with by contacting your fund either thru your Local or by contacting them yourself. The grievance process cannot hold the funds liable for anything as the funds are separate institutions. The grievance process can only hold the Employer liable for contract violations. If ABF has paid the weekly or monthly contribution required by contract, then they have fulfilled their obligation to the contract.

America is anti America now going the opposite way of the past. And given out our tax money to make certain voter's rich.

America is anti America now going the opposite way of the past. And given out our tax money to make certain voter's rich.
It seems most of your issues are with the Government. You’re not the only on getting screwed, like steward said see what some of the non union companies pay for insurance. As for the pension I’m in the central Pennsylvania plan & as of 2021 statement I would receive $2,711.02 a month + $226,010.60 in a lump sum payment. I’m 52. I still have 5 more years before I can retire if I choose to and at the current contribution I will be at $3,611 a month at age 57….

Well, with twenty years at fifty seven I get 1,400
One year , I got nothing goose egg. 0 two other years were partial payments thanks to some years at yellow. But if I retire at sixty two it doubles. I don't like that.