ABF | Right to work State.

I think you guys have been very patient with this “clown” He definitely has an agenda that has nothing to do with being in a union.
Really a lot of years it felt like no union at all. Ba seemed bothered if you call. Mostly sides with company.

ABF has a habit of hiring people to work in management positions, Who must have gotten beat up when they were kids. When they get their Management Position they want to get even for their crappy childhoods. If there was no union at ABF, These damaged People would make the job way, way more worse, Then it already is

ABF has a habit of hiring people to work in management positions, Who must have gotten beat up when they were kids. When they get their Management Position they want to get even for their crappy childhoods. If there was no union at ABF, These damaged People would make the job way, way more worse, Then it already is
They also hire people that are unhappy with life or no personality....my manager has on his ABF bio that he played college football with the University of Buffalo... Lmao...he practiced with them on the practice squad (I love the internet), never played a game...I've heard him talk about his "teammates" that are now in the NFL, what a joke...

They also hire people that are unhappy with life or no personality....my manager has on his ABF bio that he played college football with the University of Buffalo... Lmao...he practiced with them on the practice squad (I love the internet), never played a game...I've heard him talk about his "teammates" that are now in the NFL, what a joke...

Do you work with me….lol

I was a steward and then became a B.A., one of the hardest things was telling a member, your grievance/ complaint has no merit, I would always tell them, "Do you want me to tell you what you want to hear, or tell you the truth
There is a huge difference between a grievance and a gripe. If there is a contract violation it should be addressed. If a fellow Teamster doesn't like something that is not covered by the contract, he should work through contract proposals to put language in the contract to address that.

There is a huge difference between a grievance and a gripe. If there is a contract violation it should be addressed. If a fellow Teamster doesn't like something that is not covered by the contract, he should work through contract proposals to put language in the contract to address that.
Problem is, sometimes a member will interpret the contract to fit his/her gripe/grievance/complaint

As a steward I've always used to 50% rule if you have a 50+% chance of winning I'll blow smoke up you arse anything less and I'll be honest and tell you not much of a chance. Then again most grievances at my barn are won
Problem is, sometimes a member will interpret the contract to fit his/her gripe/grievance/complaint
When I was a steward I always set down with the grievant, had them fill out the grievance then told them now lets take it to TM. Many didn't want to go with me as they thought I should do it for them, alone. NOPE no one is going to accuse me of selling them out. Many times suddenly they changed their mind.

When I was a steward I always set down with the grievant, had them fill out the grievance then told them now lets take it to TM. Many didn't want to go with me as they thought I should do it for them, alone. NOPE no one is going to accuse me of selling them out. Many times suddenly they changed their mind.
F- them if they didn't have the balls to go in with you, you did the right thing

F- them if they didn't have the balls to go in with you, you did the right thing
18 years 3 different companies did it the same way. Won virtually all my grievances. Had some good BAs over the years. :1036316054:

It was my observation that management might not like you when you stood up to them but they would respect you & not be as likely run over you again. I remember a supervisor that would say somebody was not a team player when they had to file a greievance to stop him from blatantly violating the contract. He compared himself to a coach & all players must follow his orders or risk being called out for not wanting what was best for the team.

It was my observation that management might not like you when you stood up to them but they would respect you & not be as likely run over you again. I remember a supervisor that would say somebody was not a team player when they had to file a greievance to stop him from blatantly violating the contract. He compared himself to a coach & all players must follow his orders or risk being called out for not wanting what was best for the team.
You should have told him, Hey! J/O, hit the showers, you are staying on the bench

My steward doesn't even have to do that with one particular loud mouth....he just hands him a grievance form....lol....what about dealing with a guy whose contract is different than everyone else's? LMAO