Holland | SAD sight

I probably lost my job before you.
When it was Ryder, Ryder T S C, Ryder Hoover, Ryder Harris, Ryder PIE, PIE Helms & Byrnes, who cared what name was on the door as long as your check was good.
Guess I'm missing your point.
My point is,inevitably a lot of men will lose their jobs if they dovetail the boards

My point is,inevitably a lot of men will lose their jobs if they dovetail the boards
Yep, changes of operations are the same, just new faces on the board.
If you are fortunate enough to be high on the board to not be affected or the bottom men are laid off or starved.

I was quite unimpressed when I had Pete's on occasion recently. I'll take a Volvo over a Pete any day.
Never driven very many Petes or Volvos, longnose Freightshaker or Louisvilles are hard to beat for a freight truck.

I was quite unimpressed when I had Pete's on occasion recently. I'll take a Volvo over a Pete any day.

The first generation Pete's were not good.... I have a 2021 at holland and I will tell you it is a very nice truck.

Everyone is different.... different choices..... I'm not a bitching about a nice new truck.... and for the record as I said different choices..... I never really liked the volvo's.

Freightliners are my next favorite.

Last edited:
Yep, changes of operations are the same, just new faces on the board.
If you are fortunate enough to be high on the board to not be affected or the bottom men are laid off or starved.
The only thing the bottom men will have to worry about is working 6 days on the road board or working till midnight on the clean up shift...either way they will be making big bucks!

The only thing the bottom men will have to worry about is working 6 days on the road board or working till midnight on the clean up shift...either way they will be making big bucks!
Not so. Laid Off a week ago ! Same thing happened with the Roadway merger. If you don't have big time in you are pond scum .