XPO | same money as the north

I had a friend that worked with me at our barn and a few years ago he moved down to Tennessee and transferred to NKX. Of course he lost his OT after 40 and took about a $1.50 an hour pay cut. He says he has MORE money left over at the end of the month than he did up here. Just because the cost of living and taxes down there is so much less than up here.

Just how does Conway's cost of living affect different areas? How much more per hour does say a NYC driver make than an Orlando driver? Or say a Detroit driver over a Boise driver? Are the rates based on any type of government cost of living figures or are they solely at the discretion of Conway? Are different rates paid in different parts of the same states?
Yup.......

Take it to pm. Do not call out a mod in an open forum.

Boy you guys are touchy. Just like when Obama gets called out and the media screams about it.
But I will tell you what let the moderators do there job, which is ( Definition. At a forum, someone entrusted by the administrator to help discussions stay productive and within the guidelines)
That means no you do not get to put your opinion in the mix.
I think we all saw this happen in the debates with the moderator.
If a moderator is going to post there views then they should expect to be called out in front of everyone else. For they are no better then the rest of us.

Boy you guys are touchy. Just like when Obama gets called out and the media screams about it.
But I will tell you what let the moderators do there job, which is (Definition. At a forum, someone entrusted by the administrator to help discussions stay productive and within the guidelines)
That means no you do not get to put your opinion in the mix.
I think we all saw this happen in the debates with the moderator.
If a moderator is going to post there views then they should expect to be called out in front of everyone else. For they are no better then the rest of us.

They are talking about calling them out about how they do their job of moderating. Calling them out about their opinions on forum discussions has nothing to do with them being a moderator.

See this is what the company wants...... Us workers pissing and moaning about who has it more difficult . Next let's see who can **** farther and longer. Get over it guys. Equal pay .... Period!!! Let's truck

See this is what the company wants...... Us workers pissing and moaning about who has it more difficult . Next let's see who can **** farther and longer. Get over it guys. Equal pay .... Period!!! Let's truck
I might be one of the few, but the difference in pay from north vs south does not bother me that much. But, working in the south we have a center that got twice the raise last year than we did and they are only 70 miles south, and this year a center 125 miles south got more than 3 times what we got just because they have a big turn over and cant keep and or hire drivers. But when it comes to OT, it should be the same across the board.Good luck LLR...

I might be one of the few, but the difference in pay from north vs south does not bother me that much. But, working in the south we have a center that got twice the raise last year than we did and they are only 70 miles south, and this year a center 125 miles south got more than 3 times what we got just because they have a big turn over and cant keep and or hire drivers. But when it comes to OT, it should be the same across the board.Good luck LLR...

Same up here. We got two percent. 90 miles south got six. Plus they were getting up to 9,000 bucks retention pay. It's all over driver. Let's just truck and let them (the glass house) bury the place

I couldnt have said it any better .

Its not my fault someone would live in NYC. Why should he get paid more .we do the same job. Think about it

I agree with you 100%. So my question to you is why are you willing to do the same job for less pay than the guy up in NYC? What would make you happy? Should they raise your wages up to his or should his wages be lowered to yours?

I got the good wise driver I know drivers up north and I make more than some of them. So I'm good .still I think it does suck that we all do the same job and have different pay scales, regardless of where u live.