SAIA | Samsara Cameras

I've got to agree with Train on this. The inward facing cameras are just a way for Saia to find "a way out" when there is an accident/incident/pick your event. The lack of transparency in regard to these cameras is shocking and sad. Drivers are the #1 resource in the industry and any Saia driver has to tip toe around these cameras the entire time they are driving. It's like Saia cut off it's nose to spite it's face. In time, they will lose drivers and be unable to fulfill their promises to customers. Saia's operating ratio is 17 points behind the industry leader. It takes dedicated drivers to accomplish numbers like that. Outward facing cameras are great, inward are unnecessary.

I would like to know how the guy on the YouTube videos of Marks Trucking Life can post a video while he is driving from yalls Dallas yard to the Garland yard with his phone but you guys aren't allowed to simply talk on the phone with a hands free device while driving. Is it different rules for different terminals or people??

You all are going to love Samsara. Artificial intelligence cameras. Facial recognition. They can see people texting, smoking, nodding off. Registers near misses, speeding, running stop signs. They aren’t just reactionary like Lytx. They alert if they are unplugged. Visual review for seeing if they are obstructed. Can hook up to eight additional cameras into them. Live streaming so they can do a virtual ride along. In cab coaching so the camera talks to you. Oh, and 60 hours of looping video stored at all times.
Great kit if it’s used right, but yes, fun times at Saia. They didn’t use Lytx right, doubt they’ll use this right.

I just quit working here. Went to the green ltl company. Best decision I ever made. No more stressing about stupid cameras. Safety department at this company is insane.

A9l2DaO.jpg