Yellow | Sarah Riggs Amico on Yellow Bid

If it wasn't in the contract why did you expect to get it? He had a better contract than you did. Find out what union he belonged to. :smile new:
And that my friend is a part of the reaso w, Yellow is no longer in existences, what good did it do them.

This kind of nonsense is why union companies can't compete. Archaic rules that give a company no flexibility. What good is a union job if the companies can't stay in business ?
The problem with that isn't the "archaic work rules" but the company being mismanaged to the point the union has to put them on the front burner when they have screwed up again....the union gave up money and benefits for 15 years to save Yellow, Yellow had plenty of time....call your bank and have them change your mortgage (contract) then 15 years later when you owe just as much call them back to ask for more and tell me how that goes....

The problem with that isn't the "archaic work rules" but the company being mismanaged to the point the union has to put them on the front burner when they have screwed up again....the union gave up money and benefits for 15 years to save Yellow, Yellow had plenty of time....call your bank and have them change your mortgage (contract) then 15 years later when you owe just as much call them back to ask for more and tell me how that goes....
For someone that paid credit card interest your 2 cents worth often makes a lot of sense.Great post.

..."Other Treasury officials have said the loan cannot be modified because Yellow is in bankruptcy and that new Congressional authority would be needed to issue a new loan since the CARES Act authority has expired. Yellow’s would-be rescuers are disputing Treasury’s legal opinion."... Isn't that the whole reason to file Chapter 11, to restructure debt?

I was very dumb about financial issues when I was younger...now I never carry a balance, unless they want to give me interest free financing...I earn points now on cards and never pay them interest, my way of exacting revenge on them...lol
And that Sir is how you make yourself prepared for the proverbial "rainy day". I wish everybody did this; I have done it that way all my life. That one act on the part of everybody would shut down the outrageous credit card interest rates.

Liked you post, but disagree sharply on one point: the Union didn't give up a darned thing. It was the working members, us, who made all of the monetary sacrifice. Our BA, the Principal Officer, the Joint Council and the IBT didn't forfeit a dime!

Odd, willing to take on almost $3 BILLION in debt to run a company that was destroyed by $2.6 BILLION in debt?
All without, infrastructure, rolling stock, massive computer systems, compliance, HR and most importantly not a single customer.
Something is very wrong with this....
They could hire Dollar Bill to run it. He had the same pipe dreams

I was very dumb about financial issues when I was younger...now I never carry a balance, unless they want to give me interest free financing...I earn points now on cards and never pay them interest, my way of exacting revenge on them...lol
That’s great you learned a lesson, millions of people have not.Building points are great. Unfortunately the way credit cards are set up the store or merchant that you use the card at pays a fee and cards that carry a reward have a higher fee to the merchant. Have a friend in the CC card business and learned how they actually work. Fees to merchants and interest and late fees. That is why Mastercard has a 44% profit margin and Visa a 53% profit margin.
They are nothing but a money machine.

When the banks were bailed out in 2008, I still had to pay my mortgage. How much essential pay did we get for being essential workers?
True but every dollar given to banks was repaid. GM did not repay $80 BILLION of their bail out
You make a good point then, will the teamster repay the government as the banks did?

I wouldn’t trust any of you corporate mucks to manage a lemonade stand. If Sarah does pull off a miracle and I find out that any of you are involved one way or another with her plans, count me out. I’m not going through this again. My trust towards you is absolutely shot.
If she is a manager, why do you trust her?