Saving America's Pension Plans Is A Rare Chance For Bipartisan Accomplishment | Opinion

No I only have 33.25 years in the fund that defaults in April. I have 8.5 good years in another fund from back when I started in 1969. They didn't cut my $125 a month pension.

Yes there is a good reason because I'm not in the local 469 fund.

I don't know anything about the 469 fund.
So if my math is right your monthly check is $4,571.87 plus $2,500 a month S.S., $85,000 a year. Could you please explain again why you deserve a bailout? I can see why Mitch is reluctant to bail out the rich. My you are keeping it a secret what pension fund you are with.

And the coalminers are?
I have a thread below this one on the UMWA pension bailout. Grassley/ Alexander offers a carrot(improved pension guarantees) for more stringent pension rules, more like single employer plans. Per person, a full bailout, UMWA pension fund, is still cheaper than a 70% Teamster pension bailout fund per Grassley/Alexander. You big pension $4,571.87 a month teamsters make pension bailouts expensive.

So if my math is right your monthly check is $4,571.87 plus $2,500 a month S.S., $85,000 a year. Could you please explain again why you deserve a bailout? I can see why Mitch is reluctant to bail out the rich
Not that it matters since I'm not looking for a so called bailout. Do you consider the stimulus package a bailout? I'd hardly consider myself rich. I retired at 63 due to back issues so S.S. is only $1900 a month. To drop from a pretax of $78,300 to $38,550 a year certainly won't make me rich. But your bringing my personal finances into this thread shouldn't have anything to do with Biden and the new congress fixing the pension problem. A problem they have been working on since at least 2014.

You big pension $4,571.87 a month teamsters make pension bailouts expensive.
I see, my working for 3 Teamster companies who contractually contributed into my pension funds for 43.75 years gave me a big pension. I think part of that big pension comes from my giving up wage increases in order to help fund that pension. And maybe because the funds had to raise the accruals instead of saving excess funds for the down years.

I see, my working for 3 Teamster companies who contractually contributed into my pension funds for 43.75 years gave me a big pension. I think part of that big pension comes from my giving up wage increases in order to help fund that pension. And maybe because the funds had to raise the accruals instead of saving excess funds for the down years.
Who cares if you gave up wage increases, this is T.B.'s not the six o'clock news. The funds didn't have to raise accruals for tax reasons, that is Teamsters myth. Lower the discount rate, % funding goes down. Western States pension fund always used a lower discount rate, have they been cheating the IRS.

Not that it matters since I'm not looking for a so called bailout. Do you consider the stimulus package a bailout? I'd hardly consider myself rich. I retired at 63 due to back issues so S.S. is only $1900 a month. To drop from a pretax of $78,300 to $38,550 a year certainly won't make me rich. But your bringing my personal finances into this thread shouldn't have anything to do with Biden and the new congress fixing the pension problem. A problem they have been working on since at least 2014.
Biden isn't going to do anything for pensions he couldn't have done during 8 years of bamabiden. It's time to put to bed terms like pension reform, pension bailouts. The end goal of any legislation is the preservation of union companies. Why won't you name your pension fund, 469. I'd say 78,300 is rich for a retiree with no bills. Let me get my violin out before you tell us how many people you support.

I should have listened to others on here and not wasted my time responding to Gump. Since I'm not in the CSPF the only things that I know are what are posted here on TB. I posted a link with a message from Biden to the Teamsters that I thought fit this thread topic.

By his many posts here on TB it appears to me that Gump is out to squash any hope of a bipartisan Congressional pension reform bill. He attacks the MEPFs for legally raising the accrual. In trying to have a civil discussion with him I posted some personal information that had nothing to do with the topic of this thread. I shouldn't have since he used it to justify why "Mitch is reluctant to bail out the rich" My personal situation has nothing to do with pension reform.

No I don't think the taxpayers should "bailout" union pensions anymore than they should "bailout" Wall St. or corporate America. But what do I know I'm just a high school grad retired truckdriver. But does Gump know more than the professional who have realized for years that congress has to come up with a bipartisan plan to save the pensions?

As for Gump's asking me to name my pension fund I won't give him the satisfaction by posting it. Not that it's a secret. I have been open with it in the past. Posters like Triplex, Roady, ABFer, Canary, Crazy, Slave and any others who have read my past posts know. I hope that Gump can get some use of his violin during the next four years.

To drop from a pretax of $78,300 to $38,550 a year
Let us look at pension bailouts logically. Let us ask the question, who would JESUS, Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer help out with tax payer dollars. On one hand you have an individual who worked for low wages, never had enough at the end of the month to save a dime. Never had a pension or employer matched 401k. Some on who has to live on a $1,000 a month S.S. Then there is Crystal who will still knock down $38,500 after his pension is cut in 5 months. I don't think Crystal is going to get a $40,000 dollar a year gift from the government to get his pension back up to $78,000, when others are scaping by on $12,000 a year. By the way your pension is insured for $35.75 per year of service, that is the insurance policy you bought. Anything more than that is a bailout.

I should have listened to others on here and not wasted my time responding to Gump. Since I'm not in the CSPF the only things that I know are what are posted here on TB. I posted a link with a message from Biden to the Teamsters that I thought fit this thread topic.

By his many posts here on TB it appears to me that Gump is out to squash any hope of a bipartisan Congressional pension reform bill. He attacks the MEPFs for legally raising the accrual. In trying to have a civil discussion with him I posted some personal information that had nothing to do with the topic of this thread. I shouldn't have since he used it to justify why "Mitch is reluctant to bail out the rich" My personal situation has nothing to do with pension reform.

No I don't think the taxpayers should "bailout" union pensions anymore than they should "bailout" Wall St. or corporate America. But what do I know I'm just a high school grad retired truckdriver. But does Gump know more than the professional who have realized for years that congress has to come up with a bipartisan plan to save the pensions?

As for Gump's asking me to name my pension fund I won't give him the satisfaction by posting it. Not that it's a secret. I have been open with it in the past. Posters like Triplex, Roady, ABFer, Canary, Crazy, Slave and any others who have read my past posts know. I hope that Gump can get some use of his violin during the next four years.
you forgot GO40, SAC75, sixpackabs, joe's bar and grill, muler, papajohn, nounionfool/docker.

Crystal, you can't have a logical discussion with somebody whose only purpose on here is to agitate people.

Why is it the governments responsibility to bail out my pension fund? i just took a 30% cut from Western Pa. but I get it. There isn't enough money. Mostly because we live longer than anyone ever thought. In my 15 years of retirement, the fund has paid me over $600,000. Benefits like that are not sustainable.
Sorry, I know that I will catch a lot of grief but that's the way it is. Preston Trucking, Yellow Freight and the Teamsters Union negotiated those contracts. It was the trustees who determined the benefits. The government had no part in any of it and bears no liability.
For many years the federal government unfortunately and successfully put some of the people that created and managed central states pension fund in jail. Men like Jimmy Hoffa, Roy Williams, and others as well in jail. These great men looked after our good and welfare, health insurance, pensions. Now We have people that are letting our pensions dwindle down, while letting companies withdraw from the CSPS. Pretty good math for retards. I might add that No one will ever find the remains of JRH by using the DNA of JPH can't be of the same cloth. But the feds are to busy helping big corporations bust organized labor. If anyone should go to jail are the ones Who got Overnite a contract, not the NMFA or paying into the cspf .Do the math.

For many years the federal government unfortunately and successfully put some of the people that created and managed central states pension fund in jail. Men like Jimmy Hoffa, Roy Williams, and others as well in jail. These great men looked after our good and welfare, health insurance, pensions. Now We have people that are letting our pensions dwindle down, while letting companies withdraw from the CSPS. Pretty good math for retards. I might add that No one will ever find the remains of JRH by using the DNA of JPH can't be of the same cloth. But the feds are to busy helping big corporations bust organized labor. If anyone should go to jail are the ones Who got Overnite a contract, not the NMFA or paying into the cspf .Do the math.
I've never met a UPS employee sorry they voted themselves out of CSPF. It would have been against the NLRB law to put Overnite employees into a dying CSPF. If you have any doubt about that ask canary. If everyone paid in enough, what difference does it make who is and isn't in a pension fund?

Roy Williams???

Roy Williams???
Roy Lee Williams was longtime president of local 41 in Kansas City, Mo. Freight Director of Central Area, and later National Freight Director, And General President of The IBT. Went to Jail for trying to protect our way of life. He and JRH made a good life for Me, My Family since the 1940s My youngest son 4th generation Freight Member of Local 41. None of us ever went to bed hungry. Al Nelson and the folks who were with Him, Should suffer a slow miserable death and rot in Hell! I don't know of any CSPFers who had to take a cut or work longer to get a pension under JRH or Roy Williams. The folks Who made this mess we are in now, should suffer the above mentioned fate. God Bless Jimmy Hoffa Roy Williams and God Bless us all.

Roy Lee Williams was longtime president of local 41 in Kansas City, Mo. Freight Director of Central Area, and later National Freight Director, And General President of The IBT. Went to Jail for trying to protect our way of life. He and JRH made a good life for Me, My Family since the 1940s My youngest son 4th generation Freight Member of Local 41. None of us ever went to bed hungry. Al Nelson and the folks who were with Him, Should suffer a slow miserable death and rot in Hell! I don't know of any CSPFers who had to take a cut or work longer to get a pension under JRH or Roy Williams. The folks Who made this mess we are in now, should suffer the above mentioned fate. God Bless Jimmy Hoffa Roy Williams and God Bless us all.
If viewing the world thru rose colored glasses makes you feel better, I'm all for it.

I probably knew Roy before most of you on TB, I did not have him on (the great man plateau).
I too am grateful for my uncut CS pension for the past 30 yrs.
Roy was not put in jail for trying to protect your way of life, however, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
BTW, you could have listed Ed Partin's name on your doom's day list.

If viewing the world thru rose colored glasses makes you feel better, I'm all for it.
I don't look at anything with rose colored glasses. I tell it like it is. That rose colored thing your seeing is Trump's rear end, as You enter and exit. Mostly enter.