FedEx Freight | Show me the money!

Probably lives in a damn van down by the river.
chris farley comedy GIF

Visitor here. Not salting wounds.
1. See FXF tractors pulling FXG trailers pretty regularly @ Indy
2. (Speaking out of my azz). Freight has consistently been the shining star. Whilst drivers are furloughed, no chance Raj is trying to convert Ground Linehaul to Freight model? Soft economy, election forthcoming. Can’t see holding employees if the plan is contracting.

2. (Speaking out of my azz). Freight has consistently been the shining star. Whilst drivers are furloughed, no chance Raj is trying to convert Ground Linehaul to Freight model? Soft economy, election forthcoming. Can’t see holding employees if the plan is contracting.
How dare you visit this thread and throw valid points around! The doom and gloomers will not stand for it!

No way White and I only do that to people that disrespected
TB , Jeff or The Mods . Or if someone goes over the edge and
has been already warned . We are all kinda family here , we
like to tease one another and hang the wash out while chatting .

Indy FXF loads FXG vans to go to Midway (Chicago.) I believe this is done in some lanes to reduce empty miles.

I have, on many occasions, picked up FXG trailers and taken them to rail yards in Chicago. We have a lot of drivers doing that.

FXF power pulling FXG trailers is the exact opposite of an indicator that FXF is going contractor.

FXG needs help moving their trailers, they pay us to do it. It's not uncommon to see FXF power pulling FXG or FXE trailers. I've never seen anything pulling FXF trailers other than our own.

It's not their problem either. Their problem is attracting and retaining the quality workforce they desire at the turnover rate acceptable to them. That's what determines how much/little they pay.
But Ex,
They TOLD us that in order to receive improved benefits and higher wages we needed to get that margin up into the double digits. We did that (x2), but nothing actually improved beyond the bonus which is tied directly to the margin. The Purple Promise, as FedEx as labeled it, had NOT been honored.

What is this Purple promise, you might ask?

"At FedEx we are committed to the Purple Promise: I will make every FedEx experience outstanding. This commitment sets the bar for excellence, helping us earn the trust and loyalty of our team members, customers and communities..." THIS said to apply to INTERNAL as well as external customers.

Now, I don't want to call these people liars, as most who made promises are no longer with the company, BUT... As representatives of THE COMPANY, they certainly made promises they could not fulfill - misleading us in a number of ways, to suit the circumstances of the day. Remember that TRUST is easily lost and difficult (if not impossible) to regain.

PS: Good to see you snooping around again!

So 5% would be about $3 more an hr? Yeah, you know math alright! Lolol
Read that again. He's saying by eliminating the bottom GPD (scale) AND stepping up with 5%, THOSE effected locations would see a $3 bump. The rest, around $1.50.

THAT could justify a less than adequate raise (for the rest of us), in order to bringing the bottom guys up. A one time hit to make it right.

That IS how it works. A certain $ amount is devoted to compensation increases. The question for Corp. Brass is how to allocate it.

Then they accept things the way they are...
Not exactly. Why not try to fix it here. The leaving option can always be a last resort.

There are ways to address grievances, without leaving. But NOT without speaking up. The more that speak up, the better the odds of success. Simple, but not necessarily easy.