FedEx Freight | Show me the money!

Fx is getting clobbered in some recent BLOOMBERG articles.
I'd link, but they're a paid subscription

Latest headline is :

"FedEx Faces Safety Issues as Driver Accidents, Insurance Costs Rise.

Insurance costs nearly tripled over the decade to $5 billion
FedEx contractors point to driver turnover as hurting safety"
They were so close in that last sentence.

"FedEx contractors are hurting safety."

It’s actually more than that lol FedEx has the profits to be very competitive with LTL wages. Just not close to UPS feeder drivers. There another breed
Yep they make 20cents more a mile and not have to hale hazmat kinda sounds like we’re the stupid breed 😂,but hey that’s how it’s works when your not union,and the company is more worried about it’s shareholders and not the employees just saying for a friend 😂

So tell me what would be a good fair wage
At least .80 cpm and $37-$38/hr. Minimum at the lowest pay scale centers. Believe me when I tell you that FedEx could pay me those numbers and I would still walk away from them. That’s not enough money to put up with their nonsense. Now if they paid me those numbers and gave me top notch insurance at low or no premiums plus a killer pension I would have to reconsider!

At least .80 cpm and $37-$38/hr. Minimum at the lowest pay scale centers. Believe me when I tell you that FedEx could pay me those numbers and I would still walk away from them. That’s not enough money to put up with their nonsense. Now if they paid me those numbers and gave me top notch insurance at low or no premiums plus a killer pension I would have to reconsider!
Which carriers are paying that, again? I seem to have forgotten.

Southeastern, SAIA, Dayton. Off the top of my head.

They're not exactly 80cpm but they're right there.
Dayton pays .77 cpm versus our .75, and $32.75 versus our $33.12. Nowhere near the figures you stated we are owed.

Not sure when Dayton is getting a raise, but our recent raise puts our mileage pay ahead of Dayton.

Dayton pays .77 cpm versus our .75, and $32.75 versus our $33.12. Nowhere near the figures you stated we are owed.

Not sure when Dayton is getting a raise, but our recent raise puts our mileage pay ahead of Dayton.

Industry leader! That’s a two way street…

Which carriers are paying that, again? I seem to have forgotten.
Old dominion is.80 cpm, not sure about hourly but I believe it’s above us. Like I said previously, FedEx could show me that money and I would still walk away from them. At this point I would work for a company paying $25/hr and .60 cpm with top notch benefits and half the crap FedEx shovels down our throats before I stay here any longer than I have to. For a lot of people it’s not just about the money.

I wasn't the one who stated were owed 80cpm. I just mentioned the carriers I know that beat us on mileage pay.

Fedex will have to do something eventually because once the company gets busy again they'll be behind like always.

Lowest gpd will be making 32.53 after raise so Dayton will still be ahead.
We’re in that GPD at my center. We’ve had guys leaving left and right going to OD and Estes.

As was stated in the propaganda video we were shown a month or so ago, “this is a growth strategy.”

Right.