Simple question , Would you do trucking again if you had a life do over ?

Would you do trucking again if you had a life do over ?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think I would be an elevator repair man. Job security. Once it's installed in the building someone has to fix it. Strong Union.

I think bank robbery and perfecting it since youth, might have been a way to go. It's where the money's at.
It's all theft anyways. Our economic system.
He who learns to steal the most, wins. Follow the leaders.
They don't need a gun or a bag anymore.
It's white collar jails.
They break into websites and steal it all.
And then start a business and steal all kinds of cash and convince everybody it ain't stealing . Then change laws to ensure that it ain't stealing.

Last edited:
I can't answer it.
It's good money and benefits for uneducated people. You can buy a house and raise a family on it. I did it and my wife doesn't work. Raised 3 kids.
But it takes more of your life than most other jobs ever would. Way too much of your life imo.
Too tough a question to answer for me.
IMHO, I would choose it again if it were the same era. I would NOT choose it today,
And don't talk about the uneducated. If you have trucked for 45+ years, you have a great education, I can promise you that.

If I was single. Stay single and be utility yes I would. 40 1/2 years utility was the most stress free thing I ever did. I don't get how the the low seniority people got forced on it. I was #1 by a long way and enjoyed it. Got along well with the dock people in STL. They even joked to the supervisor to ask me first when asking people to stay over. Week was usually around 55 hours or so. On Saturday morning if you had hours they would let you stay in STL a little longer if you wanted. There was nothing to bitch about.

Yes, I would do it all over again but I would do it differently.
Wouldn't have stayed at 2 of the 3 companies I worked for and would have never left the first one, hindsight being 20/20.

Could I start all over again back in the 70's with the cushy trucks they have today? :peaceful:

Better yet, I like what I have today. Retirement with no traffic, weather, no cameras, no ELD's, no schedules to meet, etc. Kind of nice actually!

Yes, I would do it all over again but I would do it differently.
Wouldn't have stayed at 2 of the 3 companies I worked for and would have never left the first one, hindsight being 20/20.

Could I start all over again back in the 70's with the cushy trucks they have today? :peaceful:

Better yet, I like what I have today. Retirement with no traffic, weather, no cameras, no ELD's, no schedules to meet, etc. Kind of nice actually!
Your retirement is much like mine.
I can go all day long doing absolutely nothing and never know when I'm finished.