ODFL | Slow freight

Look at the glass half full. If younger drivers can see this through they'll have a front row seat to the nice checks on the other side.

Same happening at FedEx freight. Still hiring though.

At my building, a lot of meet runs are getting cancelled and senior guys that used to be on days are now bidding night runs that include dock work bids because they're almost guaranteed to go out.

Anyone sitting around in full view of the Boss's Office desk in a dock situation is in a recession soon enough. Just as soon as Boss eliminates same for riding the clock waiting on something or other.

Welllllll got canceled today... No freight came down to our barn from two 200+ doors terminalsI to cover my bid .....
Sorry to hear that. I ran a run to Toronto today and the Canadian freight must be strong cause the daytime od runs out of buffalo are still running.

I haven't gotten any weekend work all summer which is unheard of. Last year they were begging for volunteers. We're not done sliding down this slope.
See it through is all I can tell all of y'all. When the bottom hits the smart ones will be making bank. OD is poised to pounce on it. Play the game while it's slow and be ready to profit when it's ready.

Same happening at FedEx freight. Still hiring though.

At my building, a lot of meet runs are getting cancelled and senior guys that used to be on days are now bidding night runs that include dock work bids because they're almost guaranteed to go out.
Same at Nas fedex freight. Canceling alot of runs and 10+ drivers at home daily. So Jr drivers won't quit they are called bid drivers and asking if they want CC days. "Company convenience" no pay time off.

Company still running PT though. Garbage that they want us to take off, but won't cancel PT to work their people.

Think this country headed for depression! Too slow for the summer! Good luck all! No matter who you work for.