TForce | smokin in the south

These guys are getting hosed big time!!!!!! They had good runs and now they are just being ran over by SLC drivers....I know a few of them and it really sucks....I think they are victims of where their located....They are running northwest trailers straight from SLC to Hermiston OR. and it by-passes Boise....And there is a few other runs that they done away with...But maybe he will explain a little more....

Is there any rumor running around in referrance to these job losses and if they are going to fix the mess???? Or let it linger?

Is there any rumor running around in referrance to these job losses and if they are going to fix the mess???? Or let it linger?

They were going to lay them off ....But as of yesterday I think they desided to keep 2 of the runs.....This is all in a passing conversation with one of them...So my facts might not be completely straight....Can't be late you know...

They were going to lay them off ....But as of yesterday I think they desided to keep 2 of the runs.....This is all in a passing conversation with one of them...So my facts might not be completely straight....Can't be late you know...

Sounds like more of a big plan, There is so much $hit going on, we are lucky we have time too duck before we get hit by it....

Just got an inside scoop in case someone here is working in the dark. Besides what we are seeing, expect the next few weeks to be very busy. I heard it was because UPS SCS is letting loose, the end of the first quarter, aggressive pricing and advertisement. I think we are in for it. :hide:

Just got an inside scoop in case someone here is working in the dark. Besides what we are seeing, expect the next few weeks to be very busy. I heard it was because UPS SCS is letting loose, the end of the first quarter, aggressive pricing and advertisement. I think we are in for it. :hide:
Bring it on, I like too fit 10 lbs, of $hit in a 5lb bag!!!!! I wonder how much I can fit in 45'.:hysterical: Well 45'.

Bring it on we just got three more tractors piggy backed in from who knows where.
LOL! are they new tractors you ask.

They are trashed MC tractors. When they piggy backed them to us they even threw the side fairings in the cab.

Since UPS has bought us we have went from bad to worse. I can't believe the junk we are running now. I think some of the UPS drivers I talk to are right. UPS is all about profit.

P.S. What or who is SCS?

Bring it on we just got three more tractors piggy backed in from who knows where.

They are trashed MC tractors. When they piggy backed them to us they even threw the side fairings in the cab.

Since UPS has bought us we have went from bad to worse. I can't believe the junk we are running now. I think some of the UPS drivers I talk to are right. UPS is all about profit.

P.S. What or who is SCS?

Supply Chain Solutions, This is the division that sucked up Menlo...

Well I work the dock on occasion, and the last thing I want too see is that crap, I realize there is worse things we could be hauling, everything is broken down and takes a long time too recover when we are trying too make city cut's.

I also cannot stand the odasity of these people watching you pull some of these pallets off of the truck, some are heavy, some are awkward, hard too move in general, and they stand there and watch you struggle with the damn things at time of delivery.

When this occured at one of the BB&B I delivered too, the recieving MGR'S helper was going too give me a hand and this MGR. says to her helper "thats his job let him do it" .

At this time I was a little irate and I had too tell her " If you do not give me a hand I am going too put the pallet back into the truck and leave" .

She did call dispatch on me, but I am not pulling my nads for anyone including dispatch. My dispatcher told me if I was'nt going too do it he was going too send me home, so I told him the same as I told her, got back into the truck after they helped me out, and drove back too the terminal with the rest of the load, punched out and went home.

On the way out the door the dispatcher was running after me and apoligizing, I went home anyway.

We have 10 stores here in the ntheast. and they are all the same way, they say it is a liability issue as too why they do not enter the truck. It's phucking crap as far as I am concearned.:butt kiss:

i applaud you man, i sometimes go thru the same crap. that was a great post :1036316054:

i applaud you man, i sometimes go thru the same crap. that was a great post :1036316054:

Thanx,I of all people would rather give the customer the service they deserve, but where do we draw the line.

The last thing I am going to do is let dispatch do it, The TM in this case understood my stand, and kind of wished I would not have taken the alternate route, ( whatever the alternative to my actions was, nor was I concearned) . He did tell me too take a better approach next time , and I admit I was furious when I heard this statement( let him do it it's his job) appearently needed the freight that bad, They helped out.

I did not order this stuff, I do not work for BB&B, and I will not kill myself for them iether.

And to be honest, I am surprised I was'nt fired.... But dispatch know's where I stand on the subject....

I must admit I get in some customers faces myself,with there hate of UPS,and bad attitude toward getting what some buyer ordered for their company.

But seeing I'm very good at using sarcasum,and do it in a joking way.
I can make my point without anyone going ballistic,and calling my TM,or dispatcher on me.

Some of the receivers we city drivers have to deal with should reside in a small rubber walled room.

Its really amazing what I can get away with saying to these lunatics,as long as I have a great big smile on my face,and am saying everything in a joking manner.

But being a city driver over these many years I've learned a thing, or two on how to deal with all kinds of people,and some really rotten attitudes.

P.S. What or who is SCS?

skeeter, many moons ago I complained about the "O" junk we had up here. Now I guess you see what I'm talking about. I'll betcha those "MC's" are better than some of the junk we are driving up here. Kinda like a true Cal car. No rust, never seen salt, one owner!!:biglaugh:

skeeter, many moons ago I complained about the "O" junk we had up here. Now I guess you see what I'm talking about. I'll betcha those "MC's" are better than some of the junk we are driving up here. Kinda like a true Cal car. No rust, never seen salt, one owner!!:biglaugh:

Where the hell can I find one of those.

I must admit I get in some customers faces myself,with there hate of UPS,and bad attitude toward getting what some buyer ordered for their company.

But seeing I'm very good at using sarcasum,and do it in a joking way.
I can make my point without anyone going ballistic,and calling my TM,or dispatcher on me.

Some of the receivers we city drivers have to deal with should reside in a small rubber walled room.

Its really amazing what I can get away with saying to these lunatics,as long as I have a great big smile on my face,and am saying everything in a joking manner.

But being a city driver over these many years I've learned a thing, or two on how to deal with all kinds of people,and some really rotten attitudes.

I do not want too get in thier face , It's the last thing I want to do. But you are rite .Where do we draw the line?

hugnlug, From what I hear back east the equipment is much better than out west. I think the west coast has always been a big disappointment to Overnite and now UPS.

Lets face it Overnite has always been an east coast carrier. All the respect it has earned at one time came from back there.

I know from the almost twenty-five years I have been with Overnite the west coast has always been the arm pit to put it as delicate as I can.

But even as bad as the equipment is I believe it will get better. With UPSF and UPS together will be a force no one will be able to beat.:funky:

hugnlug, From what I hear back east the equipment is much better than out west. I think the west coast has always been a big disappointment to Overnite and now UPS.

Lets face it Overnite has always been an east coast carrier. All the respect it has earned at one time came from back there.

I know from the almost twenty-five years I have been with Overnite the west coast has always been the arm pit to put it as delicate as I can.

But even as bad as the equipment is I believe it will get better. With UPSF and UPS together will be a force no one will be able to beat.:funky:

Well skeeter, I thought it was just the nor'east that drove bones. We don't have too many shops either. I thought for sure you guys had better stuff. Apparently it is an epicdemic. I guess the junk yard is nationwide. I hope you are right about new equipment. Now if they could only maintain the new stuff, it would make a world of difference.

Well I guess I'll post this info about how this thread got started.
I made a delivery to one of my terminals areas Bed, Bath & Beyond stores this morning.
The receiver told me that I would be seeing more freight coming to them by us.

He says headquarters is dropping Roadway,and ABF,and keeping us,and Estes.

So there you go the two Teamster union LTL's are out,and the two non-union LTL's stay to be used,and abused by this good account.

Well I guess I'll post this info about how this thread got started.
I made a delivery to one of my terminals areas Bed, Bath & Beyond stores this morning.
The receiver told me that I would be seeing more freight coming to them by us.

He says headquarters is dropping Roadway,and ABF,and keeping us,and Estes.

So there you go the two Teamster union LTL's are out,and the two non-union LTL's stay to be used,and abused by this good account.

Maybe its because they need a couple of sucker company's that will drop to there knees on every comand. Like the the past, We will become a storage yard with full load trailers that they will only except when they want them. Holding up trailers that we need. Only excepting trailers when they want them. And no help to the driver unloading the trailers. Having to bring in drivers at special start times to cater to there every whim.

That is why all the O guys scarfed up the MC equipment.....Slight joke don't get all fired up......