XPO | Smoking in the trucks and on the yard!

Oh maybe perhaps due to the dozens of studies concluding that the pollutants generated by your filthy habit can seriously damage anothers health, are you that selfish to ignore these well established facts around for 20+ years? Appears so.....
So it seams you have been around as long as I have. let me ask you this.....back in the day we were smoking on the dock with a skid of HM on the towmotor..no big deal....the break room at reships were so full of smoke you could cut it with a knife...nobody cared..nobody cryed poor me.. Why is this such a issue now? MYOB and get over it....

Holy hell... I guess I never knew that I'm the bane of existence for many at Con-way Freight since I definitely smoke and definitely smoke in the truck that's assigned to me based off the run I bid and the trucks assigned to that run..

I fully understand the detrimental effect smoking has on my health and the shear stupidity of me shelling out $7 for a pack but for the love of God - is this really all some of you have to worry about?? Snitch on your co-workers to an RM?? Really?? If you do, I just hope you have never, currently do not, or never will break a Con-way policy.. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house right..

I have quit smoking before and fully intend on doing so again but either way, I love the fact that a TM will BS with a driver having a smoke.. I'll be willing to wager that the TM in question has been here for a while, but even if he has not, he'll brush other things aside that are clearly against policy but have no real bearing on anything and that could help you someday..

After reading all the comments about smokers, I find it interesting that other drivers at my barn fight over my truck on days, and nights if I'm off, sighting cleanliness of the interior as a main reason they want the truck..

It's of little concern to me that you choose to jeopordize your own health by smoking, it's the fact you're harming MY HEALTH thus my families that warrants me bringing it to the attention of others AFTER confronting who I think it may be although I never know exactly who is responsiblewith all the people who drive my tractor. Do you get that? By smoking in OUR tractor YOU are harming me.... Get it?You the smoker violating policy has got to be accountable bottom line. furthermore it's been my life experience that those who throw the RAT card around are usually the ones unable to comprehend accountability for their actions although I'm sure that those on this board are all genuine heroes.... You break the rules and get caught your fault nobody elses... NOBODY ELSES!

Do you get that? By smoking in OUR tractor YOU are harming me.... Get it?

Let me see if I've got this right, a tractor that smells of cigarette smoke is a health hazard. Right? Oh, maybe I'm wrong, I get it your running team in some other part of the country. Oh, wrong again, you don't like the smell of cigarette smoke. Well I don't like the smell of your Old Spice cologne, your chewing gum, maybe we need more rules.

More rules means more rats, means more letters, means everybody is mad at each other. That way no one sticks together and management has more control.

Sorry for getting so far off track, just wish you anti-smokers would just be honest and say you don't like the smell. Go rat, just remember before you do people are watching you too!

BTW, I don't smoke.:GrowUp:

It's of little concern to me that you choose to jeopordize your own health by smoking, it's the fact you're harming MY HEALTH thus my families that warrants me bringing it to the attention of others AFTER confronting who I think it may be although I never know exactly who is responsiblewith all the people who drive my tractor. Do you get that? By smoking in OUR tractor YOU are harming me.... Get it?You the smoker violating policy has got to be accountable bottom line. furthermore it's been my life experience that those who throw the RAT card around are usually the ones unable to comprehend accountability for their actions although I'm sure that those on this board are all genuine heroes.... You break the rules and get caught your fault nobody elses... NOBODY ELSES!

The only way that i can see it is harming you is if you were riding in the truck at the time or if your licking the steering wheel, dash or windows,or snorting the ashes up off the floor. I guess there is stranger stuff going on. As stated anyone who does not clean up after themselves should have their a## kicked.

Understand some of you guys simply cannot comphrehend and I won't have a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.... In any event science has proven that the fine particulates leftover from smoking are indeed carcinogens and directly responsible for a host of diseases including COPD, cancers, emphysema when they become airborne. You guys smoking in the tractor I am forced to use are very possibly killing me- now rationalize that because you appear not to be able to grasp the concept.... Why on earth do you think the policy was enacted??? It's a huge liabilty issue for them and us. Yes I hate the smell and it's my business what I lick inside the cab....

Understand some of you guys simply cannot comphrehend and I won't have a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.... In any event science has proven that the fine particulates leftover from smoking are indeed carcinogens and directly responsible for a host of diseases including COPD, cancers, emphysema when they become airborne. You guys smoking in the tractor I am forced to use are very possibly killing me- now rationalize that because you appear not to be able to grasp the concept.... Why on earth do you think the policy was enacted??? It's a huge liabilty issue for them and us. Yes I hate the smell and it's my business what I lick inside the cab....

Dude... Share a truck with a non-smoker then.. Nobody has ever had a problem driving mine and I smoke pretty heavy.. I understand and appreciate the fact that you dislike smoke but gimme a break man.. We work for a trucking company not a "vegan (⊙▃⊙) smokers must die the earth is warming" activist group..

And if you would like to engage in a battle of wits in which you are accusing me of being "unarmed" for, you should at least spell simple words such as comprehend and liability properly so your argument can be taken seriously..

Something else I'd like to know.. What is more dangerous to your health? These evil carcinogens from cigarettes I smoked hours ago that according to you linger in the truck, or the dock at an FAC with all the tire dust and various other particles in the air? If you're a city driver, have you ever been to a fiberglass or paint plant? Have you ever been in a yard truck for shift after shift? Have you ever been in a melt shop as a driver or service person?

Let's hear all about it man..

It's all the smoke causing the lapses in spelling I tell yah Mr. Spellcheck (⊙▃⊙)... nothing wrong with my vocabulary of that i am certain. Ahhh I have no choice in which tractor I find myself so how about refrain from smoking like we are required to huh? Focus dude, the thread believe it or not is about smoking in trac-tors (hyphenated to accent distribution of phonetic syllables just for you ok)FOCUS HERE OK... Enacting a smoking policy is something withinh their's and our ability to control, tires on forklifts and where i am making p/u's at not so much...

I wanna, but just can't

If you smoke , you STINK!! When you get near a non smoker we can smell your STINK. If you smoke, you make yourself STINK. If you smoke in the truck, you make it STINK!! If I do not smoke in the truck, I do not make it stink. I do not care if you smoke, but explain to me why you smokers think it is ok to make us non smokers smell your STINK. I bought a spray can of ass smell. After speaking to a STINKING driver about his STINK and he continues to STINK up the truck, I fight fire with ass. A dead fish hidden well works also.