TForce | So far no raise.Are we going to get a safety bounus?

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Or days paid that we didn't book off sick?
Usualy they give out these two checks just before Christmas.
Has anyone heard if we'er still going to get this pay,or not?

I saw a notice that we are to get gift certificates for turkeys this year?
I've never seen anything like that before,that I can recall?

We also are having a Christmas dinner at a fancy local rest.

I know we used to have Christmas dinners in the past with Overnite.
But the last few years, we were given grocery cards.

Although anything extra is always a nice thing for any company to do for their workers.

I know that in some cases silence is golden.
But as far as a raise,or safety,and the $50.00 for the unused sick days.
In the case of any more money coming our way.
Silence is deafening.

Is the turkey in place of the safety bonus check,and the sick day check?
Has anyone heard anything about these items?

Apostolic asked,

Is the turkey in place of the safety bonus check,and the sick day check?
Has anyone heard anything about these items?

We were told that the safety bonus and the $50.00 dollar a day buyback were going to be received the same as last year. However we could not get any information on whether or not it will continue.

The grocery cards have to be replaced for tax reasons. They have to be taxed according to UPS, so we will not be receiving them this year.

As far as a raise, I wouldn't count on it.

Equalizer

I saw a notice that we are to get gift certificates for turkeys this year?
I've never seen anything like that before,that I can recall?

At our hub,around a week before Chritsmas, UPS brings in a freezer trailer full of turkeys. You get a sticker with your name on it and that is your pass to get 1 turkey on your way out. That is the traditional UPS christmas bonus. You don't even have to claim it on your taxes. LOL

At our hub,around a week before Chritsmas, UPS brings in a freezer trailer full of turkeys. You get a sticker with your name on it and that is your pass to get 1 turkey on your way out. That is the traditional UPS christmas bonus. You don't even have to claim it on your taxes. LOL

Wow! at least we can feed Tiny Tim,,lol

we recieved official notice in Dallas from managment that there will be A raise this year no word on how much !!!!!!!

Welcome to the boards jdtex. Whom would you say is the management? Office clerk, OSD clerk, inbound or outbound super, janitor, or is it the real deal like the TM?

Well thanks for the UPS Freight info.
I know if I don't hear much from my TM,I can always count on the truckingboards.
Any news is better than nothing.

Welcome to the boards jdtex. Whom would you say is the management? Office clerk, OSD clerk, inbound or outbound super, janitor, or is it the real deal like the TM?

it came on our paychecks wiyh our weekley propaganda it was a local release somthing to the effect of stopping the rumours it was in response to a letter our tm got from Gordan M.:smilie_132:

It came on our weekley propaganda release we git on our checks Supposed to quell the rumors that we will recieve no raise. Now I wish they would tell us how much :smilie_132:

It came on our weekley propaganda release we git on our checks Supposed to quell the rumors that we will recieve no raise. Now I wish they would tell us how much :smilie_132:

I just had a brain fart. Do you remember or does anyone remember when Leo said next year they would be introducing a bonus incentive based on some formula along with a yearly raise? I can just see it now. Instead of .50 to a $1.00, they will give us .20 and we will have to jump through unattainable hoops to get the rest. Also like Accel said too, why is this company so screwed up and can't communicate anything to the masses at once? Seems to me they are pushing us towards unionization faster and faster. Bring on the horses, I'm ready to ride!! :funky:

I just had a brain fart. Do you remember or does anyone remember when Leo said next year they would be introducing a bonus incentive based on some formula along with a yearly raise? I can just see it now. Instead of .50 to a $1.00, they will give us .20 and we will have to jump through unattainable hoops to get the rest. Also like Accel said too, why is this company so screwed up and can't communicate anything to the masses at once? Seems to me they are pushing us towards unionization faster and faster. Bring on the horses, I'm ready to ride!! :funky:

Yes, and when terminal profits are down do to damages, accidents and "O"mishaps there will be a deduction from your pay check.

At least thats positive news jdtex.
Our TM told us that all news will be on a need to know basis.
This is after we were all whinning about having our usual quarterly meetings we were always used to,after the third quarter slipped by,and there was no word on a raise.
The third quarter meeting was always the time of the year that Overnite went over our next years benefits,and told us what amount we'd get for a raise starting the first of the next year.
They've also said they were going to drop off another hour to receive overtime.
So like I say jdtex if your news is true than its a step in the right direction,to give us something to look forward to.
Other than speculation of our company dragging their feet because of the Indy contract talks.
Good or bad I have seen Overnite fadding away,and us becoming more of a total UPS freight division.

COPY!!!!!!!:bananalama: :bananalama:

Yes, and when terminal profits are down do to damages, accidents and "O"mishaps there will be a deduction from your pay check.

yes, yes, yes, yes, I have seen the light, it happens nationwide, and as far as this Incentive program, keep it. @ the rate "O" lost cutomers, I would be broke...

:bananalama: :bananalama:

These rumor's are happening nationwide, not just one terminal, I wonder if there is a little hocus pocus going on over there.:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Maybe things will be different when we are fully reconized as UPS employees,after all the good old boys from Overnite managment gets squeezed out.
I know the UPS Supply Chain warehouse I pickup at says they are always kept up to date with what is going on at UPS.
They have morning meetings all the time,they also have work insentives in place,for them to do their best work,than be rewarded for it other than just receiving a pay check.
The dock guys I talk to there can't believe that we are in the dark,with whats happening with our company.

So maybe after UPS gets their house cleanning done,things will change for the better,we can only hope.

I wonder what the good old boys down south are thinking. Maybe there getting ready to sign cards. Maybe there willing to wait another year or two. I think the ball is in there hands now.

I wonder what the good old boys down south are thinking. Maybe there getting ready to sign cards. Maybe there willing to wait another year or two. I think the ball is in there hands now.

Yes, How long will one wait for that big silver platter with all kinds on money and benefits on it just to keep the union out. FORGET ABOUT IT!!!