TForce | So far no raise.Are we going to get a safety bounus?

With the Union you will know in writing when and how much your raise is. Any losses will be deducted from management bonus.

We truckers are always ripping on our TM's.
But would anyone of us ever want to trade places with them?
I for one wouldn't take any opps job for UPS no matter what the pay was.
I've heard them on the speaker conference phone calls getting ripped by their bosses from someother location.
I asked my TM why his boss treats him like he's a kindergardener?
He says he gets these calls everyday,and he'd better have all of his projected goals met,or he'll get rimmed out.

I know I don't agree with my TM very much most of the time.
But he's getting his orders from his higher ups.

I have to allow him to be my authority figure,because any ship that has no captian will drift around in circles.

Thats life we all have to have leadership,or everything we are working for will eventualy fall apart.

When my TM works hard to secure his job,he in turn is helping all of our terminals workers keep our jobs.

I guess what I'm trying to say,Its my choice to treat my TM like a humanbeing rather than just a boss that has the rule over me.

I pray for this man that he will be healthy,and do whatever it takes to run our terminal.
No matter how he deals with everything,you can never hate someone your praying for.
This works for me.

We truckers are always ripping on our TM's.
But would anyone of us ever want to trade places with them?
I for one wouldn't take any opps job for UPS no matter what the pay was.
I've heard them on the speaker conference phone calls getting ripped by their bosses from someother location.
I asked my TM why his boss treats him like he's a kindergardener?
He says he gets these calls everyday,and he'd better have all of his projected goals met,or he'll get rimmed out.

I know I don't agree with my TM very much most of the time.
But he's getting his orders from his higher ups.

I have to allow him to be my authority figure,because any ship that has no captian will drift around in circles.

Thats life we all have to have leadership,or everything we are working for will eventualy fall apart.

When my TM works hard to secure his job,he in turn is helping all of our terminals workers keep our jobs.

I guess what I'm trying to say,Its my choice to treat my TM like a humanbeing rather than just a boss that has the rule over me.

I pray for this man that he will be healthy,and do whatever it takes to run our terminal.
No matter how he deals with everything,you can never hate someone your praying for.
This works for me.
The TM's boss who is chewing him out is also getting chewed out by his boss and so on. The chewing out happens because UPS has no problem demoting them if the numbers aren't what they should be.
UPS package also moves management personnel around to different hubs/centers to keep them on their feet. Your TM or Sups might get moved to the same position at another location. They then have to learn the area/customers/employees all over again. The changes around here usually happen in Jan/Feb.

With the Union you will know in writing when and how much your raise is. Any losses will be deducted from management bonus.

Unlike the situation now and in the past, When there are consequence's to pay for managment not doing the right thing. There is alot more attention paid to the employee's to see that they are treated fair in regaurds to seniority and respect.

With the current slow economy,how can we middle class workers afford to donate to ever cause thats asking for money?

Conway makes more per hour,and gets time,and a half after 8.
New England Motor Freight gets less per hour,but they pay time and a half after 8.
Estes pays more but straight time up to I think 55 hours?
Fedex freight is around us in hourly,but they get time and a half after 8.

I got my Teamsters union card in 1966,they always have paid time and a half after 8.

Now you tell me how can these companies that pay so much more to their workers be making any profits?

New England Motor Freight gets less per hour,but they pay time and a half after 8.

I got my Teamsters union card in 1966,they always have paid time and a half after 8.

Now you tell me how can these companies that pay so much more to their workers be making any profits?

Easy, they have more volume. More skids mean more $$. We have to go get the business. If we have the volume then UPSF makes more $$.:duh:

LOL, I know here at the Big R, they cut costs on the little things. Like The toilet paper is A sandpaper substitute. Multi use stuff like that.:hysterical:

[/color]
Easy, they have more volume. More skids mean more $$. We have to go get the business. If we have the volume then UPSF makes more $$.:duh:

Do not worry we will have it soon enough, I am almost willing to say this time next year you will be swearing at the volume....:funky: :funky: :funky:

Or days paid that we didn't book off sick?
Usualy they give out these two checks just before Christmas.
Has anyone heard if we'er still going to get this pay,or not?

I saw a notice that we are to get gift certificates for turkeys this year?
I've never seen anything like that before,that I can recall?

We also are having a Christmas dinner at a fancy local rest.

I know we used to have Christmas dinners in the past with Overnite.
But the last few years, we were given grocery cards.

Although anything extra is always a nice thing for any company to do for their workers.

I know that in some cases silence is golden.
But as far as a raise,or safety,and the $50.00 for the unused sick days.
In the case of any more money coming our way.
Silence is deafening.

Is the turkey in place of the safety bonus check,and the sick day check?
Has anyone heard anything about these items?
I'm out of 061 and we had a notice on the board that we are getting the saftey bonus ,as for the sick days I don't know yet :smilie_132:

With all the union talk why would they even offer you a raise?
What!! I can't believe you even said that..I should still get a raise even though we have the union doing our contract. Ken H said he would not stand in the way of any raise that we would get,,

Estes doesn't pay over time ..the companys build all labor cost into the running of their company

I talked to an Estes driver who said his company pays overtime after a certain amount of hours I can't recall how many he said?
This was a while ago.
But he said they'd never work up to that many hours to receive any overtime.

I remember when I started with Overnite.
Starting pay back than was $9.22 per hour city.
They only paid straight time.

Untill the Teamsters started trying to organize Overnite we were under the union wage by a larger margin than we are now.

Even though Leo's vision for our company has always been for us to be the best,and have the best in wages,and benefits.
We've never been able to obtain this grand vision.
Overnite has always been lead by the Teamsters union in wages,and benefits even though they won't admit it.
If the Teamsters were always trying to organize an anyother LTL trucking company and not us,in my opinion we wouldn't have gained the increases we have over the years of Teamster organizing attemps.
Maybe this is just my opinion being an old gear jammer in this trucking business for all of these 43 years?