XPO | So How Was Your Past Week at Con-way Freight ?

HowlerMonkey

TB Lurker
Credits
How did this week go for you? Overall I had a pretty good week. I worked a lot of hours, my shoulders are a little sore but are always fine by Monday. I probably had a camera event which I'm a little stressed over and I suspect I'll be coached on this coming up Monday or Tuesday. I hope it's just a coaching event. I hit a bump at the worst damn time and the camera went off and like a deer staring into headlights I looked up to see the event recorder going off while I was dis-obeying. That camera looking at me just stresses me out.

How did this week go for you? Overall I had a pretty good week. I worked a lot of hours, my shoulders are a little sore but are always fine by Monday. I probably had a camera event which I'm a little stressed over and I suspect I'll be coached on this coming up Monday or Tuesday. I hope it's just a coaching event. I hit a bump at the worst damn time and the camera went off and like a deer staring into headlights I looked up to see the event recorder going off while I was dis-obeying. That camera looking at me just stresses me out.

My week was pretty good. We been busy. So my stop count has been down. We get light and I end up running my wheels off. But it was heavy. Worst day was 7 stops. All the previous week it was 12 -15. I am glad we are busy.

Had the camera get me twice at a dock. Probably won't get coached. I wasn't doing anything other than hitting the dock to hard for the camera. Fella on L/H got busted for messing with his phone while the camera went off crossing a rough patch of road. He had been rapping along with the radio and he was complimented on his chops. I do agree they cause an enormous amount of stress. At least at our barn the coaches are good dudes.

Leaves are starting to turn here. It's very pleasant temperature wise. Been wet. Gotta take a slicker, especially if you will be doing any dolly work.

All in all very decent. Even had my bid tractor every day.

It sucked like all weeks do as of late ,but thanks for asking, this should be a great thread unless our over seer rules it not to be!:crybaby::eck13::smilies-19296:

a pretty slow week overall for me freight seemed to slow down a bit hope it picks up a bit next week for the day line haul

Two break-downs, swap truck one day, 98 was high on wednesday, 60 today..made over 2k (5 days)...thanks for asking.

oh yeah, and still no camera coaching..been a year now.

My week was pretty good. We been busy. So my stop count has been down. We get light and I end up running my wheels off. But it was heavy. Worst day was 7 stops. All the previous week it was 12 -15. I am glad we are busy.

Had the camera get me twice at a dock. Probably won't get coached. I wasn't doing anything other than hitting the dock to hard for the camera. Fella on L/H got busted for messing with his phone while the camera went off crossing a rough patch of road. He had been rapping along with the radio and he was complimented on his chops. I do agree they cause an enormous amount of stress. At least at our barn the coaches are good dudes.

Leaves are starting to turn here. It's very pleasant temperature wise. Been wet. Gotta take a slicker, especially if you will be doing any dolly work.

All in all very decent. Even had my bid tractor every day.

What you gonna do when it's -10? IDK where your at, but I'm sure it's not down here..:eck13:

What you gonna do when it's -10? IDK where your at, but I'm sure it's not down here..:eck13:
We worked many 5º nights last winter and a lot of 15º days. UnderAmour shirt covered by t-shirt covered by thermal shirt covered by conway shirt covered by thick hoodie or conway coat.... I might be missing a shirt.... then for the bottom, 2 pair long underwear under your pants or UnderArmour then long underwear then pants. Or dress light and and just add cover-alls... We will load that freight!!!

We worked many 5º nights last winter and a lot of 15º days. UnderAmour shirt covered by t-shirt covered by thermal shirt covered by conway shirt covered by thick hoodie or conway coat.... I might be missing a shirt.... then for the bottom, 2 pair long underwear under your pants or UnderArmour then long underwear then pants. Or dress light and and just add cover-alls... We will load that freight!!!
really...... I wonder what would happen to you southern boys if you had to work in real winter conditions...

really...... I wonder what would happen to you southern boys if you had to work in real winter conditions...
Hey, 5º is cold.... That's not wind chill, then add on the coldness of the dock. Always seems like the dock is 20º colder in the winter than the weather says it is.

Hey, 5º is cold.... That's not wind chill, then add on the coldness of the dock. Always seems like the dock is 20º colder in the winter than the weather says it is.
Stand in front of the exhaust of the jeep. Some guys have electric suits they hook to the battery. I've used cardboard to block off the grill so the heat travels back through the crack by the counterweight and at my back.

Stand in front of the exhaust of the jeep. Some guys have electric suits they hook to the battery. I've used cardboard to block off the grill so the heat travels back through the crack by the counterweight and at my back.
are you guys for real???? I'm on the floor laughing!

are you guys for real???? I'm on the floor laughing!

I am in central Ohio. We get around 100 inches of snow a year. Nothing crazy. I grew up in the Cleveland area. The lake would dump on us. Not as bad as it does in Buffalo. But it would still be a lot more than what I see down here.

Usually winters have a serious cold snap or two. That Canadian air comes down and we get several days of negative temps.

Remember we are on F not C. So 32F is 0C. We don't go negative until 0F.

If it gets into the negatives I wear three pair of socks and insulated boots. Three pair of thermal underwear. Tops and bottoms. My uniform, of course. And Carhartts.

Only good thing about it getting that could is that 20F feels warm as all get out. Start shedding layers even though you know it is still cold.

I would melt in your summers. I have family in Texas. South of Dallas but north of Houston. I went to visit them when I got let go in 2008. It was February. 85 degrees. The trees all still had leaves. And they were playing on the lake water skiing.

Back home we were playing on the lake ice fishing. It's another world.