XPO | So How Was Your Past Week at Con-way Freight ?

You are right.I aiso think they are not allowed on private property.I was just asking if it were true.

What's funny is the when something happens in the parking lot they say that its not company property. Lol

they should ask before touching employees cars. Two wrongs don't make it rite.

Who should ask? The union that trespassed on private property and then proceeded to "vandalize" employees' private vehicles, or the single company guy that went out and "picked up the trash"?

Whats it like in the winter months?Heard they had a meeting wed.trying to explain the 2006 pension freeze,saying that by matching the 401k would be better ?It only took them 9 years to explain themselves,typical Con-Way.Is it true That the union put fiiers on the cars in the parking lot& the TM and FOM ran out and took them off?

Cold and icy. People throw salt on the dock. Hide downstairs.

Don't know anything about the meeting you speak of.

Heard that happened years ago. Also heard they had a union vehicle parked across the street and they lined up trailers to block it from view. But I wasn't there, so it's just a story to me. But the fella that told me is a good dude and I believe him. Whatever that is worth.

you all kill me. no overhead doors, no little wall between bays, for our barn we cant replace the doors fast enough they just get tore down the next night

We shut down once that I can remember. A little over 2 feet of snow and -60 wind chills. This is what the Roadway dock down the street looked like.
8f4cd0a66208d50d4dbabf49e642b621.jpg

41de0035bf078919e0807f7a395a1cf8.jpg
Not going to miss working in the winter,that's for sure!

One thing I will say is I'd rather drive in a foot of snow up in NY State over 2" down in Va. When there is some winter precipitation you southern drivers have it rough. Worst trip I ever had was from eastern NC back up to Maine in snow back when I drove otr. As soon as I hit the Jersey Turnpike they had 4 times the snow but the roads were fine. By time I got to Massachusetts the roads were just wet even though they had feet and NC had an inch or two. By time I got to Maine it all sucked. Everything was frozen and I couldn't get my roll-tite trailer to roll. Had to get pulled in the customers building for an hour to thaw out so I could open the trailer. I kinda like my current job at this company..

One thing I will say is I'd rather drive in a foot of snow up in NY State over 2" down in Va. When there is some winter precipitation you southern drivers have it rough. Worst trip I ever had was from eastern NC back up to Maine in snow back when I drove otr. As soon as I hit the Jersey Turnpike they had 4 times the snow but the roads were fine. By time I got to Massachusetts the roads were just wet even though they had feet and NC had an inch or two. By time I got to Maine it all sucked. Everything was frozen and I couldn't get my roll-tite trailer to roll. Had to get pulled in the customers building for an hour to thaw out so I could open the trailer. I kinda like my current job at this company..

I remember several years ago at another job slowly crawling up 1-75 in the winter on ice at about 5 MPH in a backup, look in the mirror and see me trailer loaded at 8700 gallons of gas slowly sliding to the side. Notta good feeling.

Who should ask? The union that trespassed on private property and then proceeded to "vandalize" employees' private vehicles, or the single company guy that went out and "picked up the trash"?

1. Putting fliers on vehicles isn't vandalism.

2. When TRUE vandalism happens to cars in the parking lot, Con-Way claims it isn't their problem because it's outside the gate. (Happened at my terminal more than once)

So by their own admission, what happens in the lot is none of their concern. Oh wait, I forgot they only go by the rules when it benefits them...

They're starting to go after people using those blue straps for their snowmobiles.. :hide::hide::15::fingure::smilies-19296:
i still have a couple dozen of the ratchet straps from John Deere tractors. Customers don't want them. Work great on the sled.