XPO | So How Was Your Past Week at Con-way Freight ?

Had a great week. Even got easy money waiting on Cleveland to hit xsb Saturday morning so we could ensure the customers total satisfaction! Life is great

Had a great week. Even got easy money waiting on Cleveland to hit xsb Saturday morning so we could ensure the customers total satisfaction! Life is great
I can't even begin to tell you how many times our drivers have run out of hours and had to be picked up because of waiting on the Cleveland slugs to show up at XCW. Then it takes forever to break their loads because they always look like dog crap. That terminal is garbage in every way.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times our drivers have run out of hours and had to be picked up because of waiting on the Cleveland slugs to show up at XCW. Then it takes forever to break their loads because they always look like dog crap. That terminal is garbage in every way.
I know the guy's who run x cw have nothing but hate for them

Started the week off slow did my day run an got to go home on my 8 maybe it sucks on the money part of it but ill take a 8 and out .seems like xla is getting staffed for the winter must of had 50 people or should i say part timers on the dock at 1400 we seem to flood the dock with these people and get less done then before when we only had a few good dsrs that only worked our dock its the new age of conway might as well put manikins on our forklifts they just sit there and go no where fast lol!!!!!!

How were cars vandalized?

I was being facetious, as noted by the "quotes" around the word.

But, in a strictly legal way, I think touching another's vehicle, lifting the wiper up and placing unwanted material under it, is vandalism.

Here's info from a Q&A site...
It certainly constitutes littering, if nothing worse.� Another answer stated that it would consititute littering when/if the flyers fall or are removed from the vehicle and land on the property on which the vehicle was parked.� That answer neglects to consider that the vehicle itself is private property, separate from that on which it may be parked or operated at any given time.� The property on which a vehicle may be present is irrelevant.� The vehicle itself is private property, and to place unwanted trash on it is littering.

��In my view, this practice also constitutes vandalism and trespassing.

��Flyers left on vehicles are usually tucked under the windshield wiper, and thus create a dangerous obstruction on the windshield.� It is unsafe and illegal to drive a vehicle with such an obstruction, so by so attaching a flyer in that manner, you have rendered that vehicle unsuitable for its intended use.� The owner of that vehicle, before he can use it again, is obligated to repair this damage, by removing the obstruction that has been placed there.� His ability to use his own property for its intended purpose has been hindered because someone else used his property illegally for a different purpose.

��By rendering the vehicle unsafe and illegal to operate, the vehicle has been damaged.� That's vandalism.� It really doesn't matter that the �damage� is minor, and can quickly and easily be repaired.� It is still damage, and the owner is still obligated to repair it before he can use his own property.

��Of course, any use of another's property without the consent of that property's owner is trespassing.� The term trespassing is usually thought of as applying to land or to buildings; but really, it applies to any property.

��Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the owner and driver of a car to insure that it is in safe working order when he drives it.� If he were to drive his car while his windshield was obstructed by an advertising flyer, his chance of being in a collision would be increased.� The primary liability would be his, but I have little doubt that in that situation, the person or organization who was responsible for having placed the obstruction there could also be held liable as well.

Started the week off slow did my day run an got to go home on my 8 maybe it sucks on the money part of it but ill take a 8 and out .seems like xla is getting staffed for the winter must of had 50 people or should i say part timers on the dock at 1400 we seem to flood the dock with these people and get less done then before when we only had a few good dsrs that only worked our dock its the new age of conway might as well put manikins on our forklifts they just sit there and go no where fast lol!!!!!!

And to add to that, they don't care about the freight; those people could've never worked there 12 15 years ago with all the hand freight..it's virtually all motor move now.

And to add to that, they don't care about the freight; those people could've never worked there 12 15 years ago with all the hand freight..it's virtually all motor move now.
can't wait to see how many show up when the temperature hits -20.lol

1. Putting fliers on vehicles isn't vandalism.

Just saying what I read.
Quote Originally Posted by yrc-atm View Post
How were cars vandalized?
I was being facetious, as noted by the "quotes" around the word.

But, in a strictly legal way, I think touching another's vehicle, lifting the wiper up and placing unwanted material under it, is vandalism.

Here's info from a Q&A site...
It certainly constitutes littering, if nothing worse.� Another answer stated that it would consititute littering when/if the flyers fall or are removed from the vehicle and land on the property on which the vehicle was parked.� That answer neglects to consider that the vehicle itself is private property, separate from that on which it may be parked or operated at any given time.� The property on which a vehicle may be present is irrelevant.� The vehicle itself is private property, and to place unwanted trash on it is littering.

��In my view, this practice also constitutes vandalism and trespassing.

��Flyers left on vehicles are usually tucked under the windshield wiper, and thus create a dangerous obstruction on the windshield.� It is unsafe and illegal to drive a vehicle with such an obstruction, so by so attaching a flyer in that manner, you have rendered that vehicle unsuitable for its intended use.� The owner of that vehicle, before he can use it again, is obligated to repair this damage, by removing the obstruction that has been placed there.� His ability to use his own property for its intended purpose has been hindered because someone else used his property illegally for a different purpose.

��By rendering the vehicle unsafe and illegal to operate, the vehicle has been damaged.� That's vandalism.� It really doesn't matter that the �damage� is minor, and can quickly and easily be repaired.� It is still damage, and the owner is still obligated to repair it before he can use his own property.

��Of course, any use of another's property without the consent of that property's owner is trespassing.� The term trespassing is usually thought of as applying to land or to buildings; but really, it applies to any property.

��Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the owner and driver of a car to insure that it is in safe working order when he drives it.� If he were to drive his car while his windshield was obstructed by an advertising flyer, his chance of being in a collision would be increased.� The primary liability would be his, but I have little doubt that in that situation, the person or organization who was responsible for having placed the obstruction there could also be held liable as well.

1. Putting fliers on vehicles isn't vandalism.

2. When TRUE vandalism happens to cars in the parking lot, Con-Way claims it isn't their problem because it's outside the gate. (Happened at my terminal more than once)

So by their own admission, what happens in the lot is none of their concern. Oh wait, I forgot they only go by the rules when it benefits them...

Also, as the responder said before, MY vehicle is MY private property.
Con-way's thoughts about their parking lot is meaningless.
I should not be forced to remove feces-laden propaganda from MY vehicle.