XPO | So you think Laredo is a coiencidents? Just a bunch of renegade mexicans?

I get paid $25 bucks an hour to work the dock..I don't want that opportunity taken away. Conway runs regional only and some drivers would take a serious paycut if they couldnot do dock work.
You got cake......I bet you don't get your ass of that forklift.....No hand freight for beerfd....LOL

You got cake......I bet you don't get your ass of that forklift.....No hand freight for beerfd....LOL

When I started here, they had all the b.s. freight; rubbermaid, wrangler, air filters..vinyl siding..aluminum extrustions..now it's got to be 98% skid freight.

If con way had a parcel division that was a gold mine and could make up for all the freight shortfalls I'm sure things would be different. But we don't

That are separate owned by the same corporation. Just as truckload and freight are. One doesn't subsidize the other. Your grasping at straws fellow!

Well, I would hope we still could. That's where you make your money.

That's the problem when everyone ASSUMES life has to change with a union contract. Not everyone has had a terrible experience with a union, so why would they try to convince most of the people that unions are evil or just out to get your money. It's all about getting uniform work rules and language that has to be followed by BOTH sides of the contract agreement. Wage increases and some sort of pension increases and better benefits are the main things that change with every contract. Work rule and language changes only change when they are proposed by the union or the company and agreed upon by both sides. A union contract is supposed to give peace of mind to both the company and the employees for a set amount of time so they can both carry on with business, it's not supposed to hand cuff either side.

That are separate owned by the same corporation. Just as truckload and freight are. One doesn't subsidize the other. Your grasping at straws fellow!

It's all under the UPS umbrella, just as all the conways are under the con-way inc. umbrella. Makes a huge difference. You know that.

It's all under the UPS umbrella, just as all the conways are under the con-way inc. umbrella. Makes a huge difference. You know that.

No beer it doesn't, both have separate budgets. The profits end up in corporate but neither one subsidizes the other. One will make more money but that has no bearing on the other. If a division continues to lose money the corporation will shed it. Just because package makes tons of money it has no impact on the freight side. I don't know how to make it easier to understand.

No beer it doesn't, both have separate budgets. The profits end up in corporate but neither one subsidizes the other. One will make more money but that has no bearing on the other. If a division continues to lose money the corporation will shed it. Just because package makes tons of money it has no impact on the freight side. I don't know how to make it easier to understand.

The profit reported is from UPS. They are the conglomerate. UPSF could lose $100 million dollars(just an example) and you would never know it, unless you looked at the 8k or 10k reports.

conway says they are a near 6 billion $ company..everybody thinks it's freight..it not. A lot of it is truckload and menlo and the trailer company..road systems...

Conway freight would struggle if they didn't have truckload and menlo, even tho we are the bread and butter of the company.

And yes , I know they have seperate budgets..everybody has to have seperate budgets so you can gauge how a division is doing.

If you don't want that opportunity taken away i'd suggest you vote in the union... You work for the mother of all LTL's that giveth then taketh twice away.

Do you read and then not remember? YRC has taken and taken again. The union did not help us when I was there. After I gave back 15 or 25 percent, I can't even remember, then I had to give another 10 on top for 2 months in December and January. On top of that they gave us a sweet "debt for equity" exchange. The stock might as well been written on toilet paper.
Everyone thinks they can work some kind of magic for them.

Do you read and then not remember? YRC has taken and taken again. The union did not help us when I was there. After I gave back 15 or 25 percent, I can't even remember, then I had to give another 10 on top for 2 months in December and January. On top of that they gave us a sweet "debt for equity" exchange. The stock might as well been written on toilet paper.
Everyone thinks they can work some kind of magic for them.
You gave back 10% and then 5% if you were a union employee which you admitted you weren't.

The profit reported is from UPS. They are the conglomerate. UPSF could lose $100 million dollars(just an example) and you would never know it, unless you looked at the 8k or 10k reports.

conway says they are a near 6 billion $ company..everybody thinks it's freight..it not. A lot of it is truckload and menlo and the trailer company..road systems...

Conway freight would struggle if they didn't have truckload and menlo, even tho we are the bread and butter of the company.

And yes , I know they have seperate budgets..everybody has to have seperate budgets so you can gauge how a division is doing.

Beer I wish I could make you understand. Yes each division impacts the bottom line of the corporation, you are correct there. What you are missing, if package makes $1b and freight losses $100m, money from package doesn't go to support freight. Sooner or later the losing entity must either be fixed or sold or closed. If freight lost money for a long period of time they sell it or shut it down. They are owned by the same parent company but operate completely separately, independent of each other. Yes there might be some synergy between the two as in truckload hauling sub service. But even that we are truckloads customer then, we pay them for a service. Trust me on this you can't intermingle funds from two different free standing units.

Funny how all these new members "all of a sudden" pop up after the union wins the election.

I've read these posts for years and never commented. having worked for a union company and now a non union I can see the path at we are going. But what I say doesn't matter. Watch what happens to Laredo. They will route everything around there and shut it down.

Beer I wish I could make you understand. Yes each division impacts the bottom line of the corporation, you are correct there. What you are missing, if package makes $1b and freight losses $100m, money from package doesn't go to support freight. Sooner or later the losing entity must either be fixed or sold or closed. If freight lost money for a long period of time they sell it or shut it down. They are owned by the same parent company but operate completely separately, independent of each other. Yes there might be some synergy between the two as in truckload hauling sub service. But even that we are truckloads customer then, we pay them for a service. Trust me on this you can't intermingle funds from two different free standing units.
Also the reason Freight quit using truckload to run sub-service. They were way too expensive!