XPO | So you think Laredo is a coiencidents? Just a bunch of renegade mexicans?

Beer I wish I could make you understand. Yes each division impacts the bottom line of the corporation, you are correct there. What you are missing, if package makes $1b and freight losses $100m, money from package doesn't go to support freight. Sooner or later the losing entity must either be fixed or sold or closed. If freight lost money for a long period of time they sell it or shut it down. They are owned by the same parent company but operate completely separately, independent of each other. Yes there might be some synergy between the two as in truckload hauling sub service. But even that we are truckloads customer then, we pay them for a service. Trust me on this you can't intermingle funds from two different free standing units.

What is the ticker symbol on the stock exchange for UPSF?

See my point?

I've read these posts for years and never commented. having worked for a union company and now a non union I can see the path at we are going. But what I say doesn't matter. Watch what happens to Laredo. They will route everything around there and shut it down.
Doubt it. Bad publicity to do that to a group of minority workers. Especially with the Latino movement occuring as we speak.

I've read these posts for years and never commented. having worked for a union company and now a non union I can see the path at we are going. But what I say doesn't matter. Watch what happens to Laredo. They will route everything around there and shut it down.
Too bad that is illegal.

You cant' run around Laredo; That's why they picked Laredo to organize. it's on the teamster news release. They can reroute and use truckload, but you aint going around LLa.

Beer I wish I could make you understand. Yes each division impacts the bottom line of the corporation, you are correct there. What you are missing, if package makes $1b and freight losses $100m, money from package doesn't go to support freight. Sooner or later the losing entity must either be fixed or sold or closed. If freight lost money for a long period of time they sell it or shut it down. They are owned by the same parent company but operate completely separately, independent of each other. Yes there might be some synergy between the two as in truckload hauling sub service. But even that we are truckloads customer then, we pay them for a service. Trust me on this you can't intermingle funds from two different free standing units.
Like the TNT group then later USF group that was bought by you know who.........Remember USF Bestway.....Remember USF Dugan....They were losers......But USF Holland was a keeper.....They operated independently so as to not drag the other down.

You cant' run around Laredo; That's why they picked Laredo to organize. it's on the teamster news release. They can reroute and use truckload, but you aint going around LLa.
A terminal with 113 drivers is that vital? From the looks of it on google maps its not that big of a barn.

A terminal with 113 drivers is that vital? From the looks of it on google maps its not that big of a barn.

It's the main gateway out of Mexico. 90% of the P&D is freight forwarders to and fro Mexico. Dallas sends probably 3 or 4 sub service to Laredo everyday..plus we do meet and turns with them nightly. And they(Laredo) send 20 or more drivers to San Antonio nightly. I'd say 40% of the freight we bring back to Dallas from San Antone comes out of Laredo. And that's just Dallas..they get direct subservice from des moines, salem il, birmingham, nashvill, memphis..etc..etc..everyday..I see it on the computer every night. Yeah, conway has their hands full, that's for sure.

And if you'll notice in the pics, all those trucks coming across the border. The teamsters did their homework..they pulled a good one, that's for sure.

What is the ticker symbol on the stock exchange for UPSF?

See my point?

Not really, maybe you can enlighten me. You'll never get it I guess. I was a regional manager with the second largest corporation in the world at the time, for over a decade. I got tired of life in hotels and got into freight. I understand the budgeting process and wish i could help you to understand it. I give up!

Not really, maybe you can enlighten me. You'll never get it I guess. I was a regional manager with the second largest corporation in the world at the time, for over a decade. I got tired of life in hotels and got into freight. I understand the budgeting process and wish i could help you to understand it. I give up!
I explained it in post 88

I was fixing to give up..so yeah.

Like the TNT group then later USF group that was bought by you know who.........Remember USF Bestway.....Remember USF Dugan....They were losers......But USF Holland was a keeper.....They operated independently so as to not drag the other down.

Actually all 5 were profitable before TNT got it's hooks into them.

Your diluted. With all the racial tension right now in the U.S., it'll do nothing but speed up the process of organizing. So yeah, you think like management. Just try it and see if law suits don't come with it.

I was a non union employee for Roadway and subsequently YRC before coming to con-way. After I took a 15% pay cut and then another 10% for two months (December as January, very nice around the holidays) I finally left.
The unions are a thing of the past and only serve to make themselves money. They pretend to care about the teamster members but ultimately do not. Does anyone have any idea about the Multi employer pension fund the teamsters have? It's insurmountable. Impossible with only abf and YRC paying into it.
Be warned Laredo. Con way will squeeze you out without thinking twice. Route freight around you, use multimodal or Menlo, whatever it takes. This is for the overall good of the company. If you want to go work for a union company, leave. It has no place here. YRC had 40 percent slower transit times and 75 percent on time service. It's a joke. You can't get anything accomplished with all the union rules. Customers only use them because they give away freight at no margin or because they are in bed with the 3pl's. They haven't made money years! Take from their employees, etc. they are a joke. I feel bad for them but tr world has changed and the unions have not adapted. They protect crappy workers.
Admit it, in this profession there is a limit to how much a person could/should make. If you want to make more, choose a different profession.
These are the same people that yell and scream that fast good workers want 15 an hour. What's the difference? If someone wants to pay them that much, great. If not get a different career or further your education.

I didn't take the time to read the entire thread but I would like to point out there are many more companies that contribute to my particular pension fund. We have over 200 different companies contributing in the west.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk