FedEx Freight | So your interested in coming to FDXF for a driving job?

I prefer a 250 mile city route. 5 deliveries and maybe 4 pick ups. All country cruising 2 lane roads. Then I complain all day about my rough city route. (Old guys at my barn) After going to city no way I’d go back to road. Takes a special person to run 600 miles a day.
Indeed. Those 600 plus runs are for the real tough drivers which i am not. 500- 550 kills my back and im worn out by the end of run. Ive got a ways to go before i can retire and just hope my health holds up. Its best to try to find a balance so you can have longetivity in the job. Id rather have a little less miles and feel like a human then run long miles daily and just feel exhausted all the time. Once you get behind on rest its hard to catch back up for that week. Sleep debt is a real thing.

300 or so miles, an 8 hour day as a road driver makes the most money per hour. Any time worked over 8 hours you're working cheap since you're not getting OT rate on the road.
Jax was an easy 7.5-hour drive, but we had the minimum running time that made you take 8.5 hrs.
Mine was about 45 hrs driving time actually.
I didn't quite make $2200 in those days. :lmao:

Don’t recommend as a career. Good if you can save money and go to school for a professional job. We are behind in pay.
Medical sucks. I have to go to Mexico just for medical. They have decent bonus program and vacation is standard.

I did a Zoom interview couple years ago. They mentioned sleeper team. I said thanks for your time. Pension aside, my pay’s in the ballpark.

Are you sure it wasn’t because those pale white chicken legs don’t look good in brown socks with shorts??… :17142:

Exactly. I glow in the dark. I can’t work nights the rest of my life.

Wacky Races Lol GIF by Boomerang Official