Yellow | something to think about.

littlesister10

TB Lurker
Credits
I am a teamster of 17 years and am shocked at the mentalality of some of the members. however after lots of thought I have come to realize that the drivers with the most years in have no choice but to go around with blinders on.

Otherwise they would have to face the reality of the situation they are in. and they don't want to do that. this co is not the co it was 20 years ago and neither is the union. I used to be pround of being a union member, but over the last few years you would have to be blind to now see what is going on. we voted in hoffa because he said he could get us a good contract. he said he could get us more money contributed into the pention fund. He said he could create more jobs and preserve the ones we had. Now lets see.

We have more money going into the union but the benifits coming out were reduced. The panel that is over seeing the pention fund is appointed and has no accountability to its members and they tell you how much of what you have you can have and set the stipulation so high that you will be very limited if you get it at all.

Membership in the unions have deteriated not improved . we have less members now then ever . jobs were sopose to be saved but in the last 3 years with the merger and all the concessions we have lost jobs. 10,000 this year alone. and with this change of opperations comming more jobs will be lost again. work rules have been changed . grievences lost. harrassment from co allowed. working conditions and moral lowered. but at least we have a vote , right? or did we. we were told that the co need this. we vote yes or we don't have a job. I don't call that a vote. equipment conditions and maintanance is getting bairly passable. our wadges are getting less and we are the first co to ever take a concession on pention. and anyone who thinks we will ever see it returned is delutional. when have we ever had things taken away that we have ever gotton back.

This last concession was a joke and unnessasary at this point. they are etting nothing more now then they were already getting. 15 percent. as a matter a fact this cost them money because they will be paying raises every year and suposably will pay into pention in june. the only thing that happened here is that they did force abf who are part of our teamster brothers to the join us at the bottom of the heap which means in the long run more jobs will be lost because abf will not be able to continue proffitablely trying to compeate at a higher level. where is the union? pitting one against the other. is that what the union has come to.

The union is selling us out . reason being they don't want to have to pay out union benifits. they are now on the board which makes them not in a position to help us, but is a conflict of intrest. How can They have a financial stake in co and negotiate in our best intrest at the same time. The union has a position on the board and the union has financial gain with stock options. that does not mean that the members will benifit. They have billions of dollars to fund Obomas democratic canidates but yet tell us our pention funds are broke. where do you think they are getting all their money. again with no accountability to the monies wearabouts. oboma saw to that as soon as he go elected. no audits or inquirieries into the pention funds like Bush had ordered.

With all the co has done so far to save this co. and all we had given , and the banks and investors were forced to do, it still isn't enough. and the debt load is still high. If you had know about the change of operations would you still have voted the same way. do you really think the union didn't know about this? like they really didn't know that a few months after the contract that this merger was going to happen?. That would mean they are either stupid , incompitant , or crooks and in bed with the co.. which one do you think? but what ever they are no longer looking out for you. It is time we start acting like teamsters and sticking together.we need to take back our union.and we can. make the union officials accountable to the rank and file.Stop paying union dues. hit them in the pockets like they have us. get their attention.

They will lie to you and tell you, you can not withdraw from union. because of clause in contract. but it is a lie. you do not have to join or remain a member of any organisation by law. we can either file a petion with the national labor relation for a vote to deauthorize and make it a open shop. all we need is 30 percent of the members to call for a vote . and vote for it.

They would still have to represent us, and all benifits negotiated would stay the same. the only thing that would change is, dues would be volintary and they would have to work for the money they get from us.maybe then the jobs they save will be there own. we are at a cross roads . we can let them continue to take what we have all worked hard for and fund our own demise or we can stand up and stand stong and together not divided. and take this union back.

Last edited by a moderator:
The union's main job is to make sure everyone is working as best as they can or know how. In a Recession there's not going to be many choices. Plus, a company has to get top grade/upgrade equipment and computer systems in order to survive in a Global Market. There are many companies that are using the RFID techology. It helps the Supply Chain Managemnet on forecasting, and RFID provides a GPS on where all their supplies are located at any given time.

I believe in standing up and sticking together, but I also believe that it is the Jr. senoirity's job to supply the drinks at a hotel resturant when Off Duty on layover. That's when a lot of people were proud of their senoirity. For example, albag has more senoirity than me. I would absolutely hate to buy him a drink, because he is a Roadway driver. I would have to put the Roadway/Yellow anger aside, and respect his senority, and honor him with a drink.

Have to remember, if it wasn't for senoirity members, where would we all be today? Plus, where did all of this stupid crap of first in, first out come from? Seniority use to have protection, where they can take their breaks, and not be penalized by the others drivers that don't take their breaks. I believe that the company ID should have the driver's master senoirity number on it. Because, I and others have the right to know who's buying, when we all go to the hotel bar on layover.

The company's demise starts with people who don't care about others, and doesn't want to follow and honor the rules. So quit buying the dispatchers drinks. Support the senoirity members with the drinks. Their the ones' that do the same job, and looks out for everyone. The union jobs are deteriating only because others don't want to follow the rules, and honor their union Brothers and Sisters that do honor the system.

Not pay union dues? Oh, you will pay union dues. I believe everyone had a right to vote Yes or No, without discrimination of a union or company interferring with a person's choice on how to vote. Want to make things better? Restore the honor by following the work rules, and respecting the senior members by any means. Buy them a drink, greet them, report to the senior man about a possible run-around, or help them out with coupling or uncoupling the equipment at a dark terminal/rail/pad. Something down along those lines. It will only get better when everyone contributes, but it must start with the individual, first.

It has nothing to do with seniority. you do no realize what is going on . the union is no backing you. and you are wrong I will not support this union any more. I believe they are now and have ben for some time in bed with the co. honoring senority is not going to fix the proublem. we need to make the union accountable to the rank and file and get the representation we have been paying for for all. The proublem is and has been that the top of the board is not looking out for the overall picture. and the bottom of the board is trying to survive and we are working against each other The union is not doing there job and there is no unity in this union any more . it is every man for himself. That is what has to change

After reading your first post I can tell you have no idea what your talking about ! You are another Anti-Union person trying to start trouble on a Union companies board . Your rambling on has no bases in facts only your hatred for the Union way of life . You as other have no idea what the Union can and cannot due as a representative of the employees ! Why aren't you if you are a YRC employee mad at the company they and they alone brought all this upon the employees ! Why aren't you posted about how Zollars ruined everyone life ?

you are the one who don't get it. You believe that the union didn't know what was coming down the pike? You had tj telling them at the hearing in dallas last time that they were not going to move these guys around and then change again and make these guyes looose more jobs or have to move again. He stood up and though a fit and walked out of negotiations. and now here again another change 2 weeks after the vote. we was told that after the last give back their would not be any more and in less then 3 years there has been 3 and we are the only one who has ever had to give back pention as part of a concession. and we did that less than a year after the vote to get hoffa in . he was voted in on the fact that he would get us a bigger better pention a better contract better wages and I believe he did that knowing and the co knowing what was coming. These people do not do things of this magnitude on a whim. If you can not see that we have been going backwards over the last 10 years instead of foward all the way around then you do have blinders on and you should talk to some ex teamsters who have found out the hard way just how much the union is doing for them. from the unemployment line. you just happen to be one of the lucky ones right now who still have a job that has the montallaty that it hasn't happened to me yet so life is good. But the only thing wrong with that is once everyone is gone at the bottom you will be the next one in line. so you better start caring about the big picture. and right now you could care less about abf and what this is going to force them to do. and I do not mean the abf the co I mean abf teamsters. they to will have to eventually have to take the conncession or loose jobs but I guess you are only worried about your won. you could care less that the union representation and negotioations are the ones that put them there. They are suppose to be representing all of us not just a select few.

Thank you for proving my point ! Once again you as other put no blame on YRCW and Zollars it shows your true colors . Once again thanks !!!

you are the one who don't get it. You believe that the union didn't know what was coming down the pike? You had tj telling them at the hearing in dallas last time that they were not going to move these guys around and then change again and make these guyes looose more jobs or have to move again. He stood up and though a fit and walked out of negotiations. and now here again another change 2 weeks after the vote. we was told that after the last give back their would not be any more and in less then 3 years there has been 3 and we are the only one who has ever had to give back pention as part of a concession. and we did that less than a year after the vote to get hoffa in . he was voted in on the fact that he would get us a bigger better pention a better contract better wages and I believe he did that knowing and the co knowing what was coming. These people do not do things of this magnitude on a whim. If you can not see that we have been going backwards over the last 10 years instead of foward all the way around then you do have blinders on and you should talk to some ex teamsters who have found out the hard way just how much the union is doing for them. from the unemployment line. you just happen to be one of the lucky ones right now who still have a job that has the montallaty that it hasn't happened to me yet so life is good. But the only thing wrong with that is once everyone is gone at the bottom you will be the next one in line. so you better start caring about the big picture. and right now you could care less about abf and what this is going to force them to do. and I do not mean the abf the co I mean abf teamsters. they to will have to eventually have to take the conncession or loose jobs but I guess you are only worried about your won. you could care less that the union representation and negotioations are the ones that put them there. They are suppose to be representing all of us not just a select few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj0osk5UA70

Your welcome. you really don't lisen. it is a combined effort . the union is in bed with the co. zollars and hoffa and obomma and democrats they got it all wrapped up. You will never see a day of that pention money paid back in or paid out for that matter.And really the one you have to blame is ourselves for giving to many other people control over your life and your future. I know it stinks to think you have been taken and there isn't time to go back and start over. So now what. Ride the titanic to the bottom of the sea. zollars walks with your pay and Hoffa walks with your pention. you end up on obomma care If the union was so great why are they haveing to force people to join. people should be lining up at the door to join. If the union was so great at running a co. then why don't they instead of making their money off of the backs of hard working people like us . If the union was running yrcw right now do you think you would be making the money and benifits that they were forcing yrcw to pay us. do you think we would have a great contract if hoffa was our boss and owned the co. ya dream on.

The union's main job is to make sure everyone is working as best as they can or know how. In a Recession there's not going to be many choices. Plus, a company has to get top grade/upgrade equipment and computer systems in order to survive in a Global Market. There are many companies that are using the RFID techology. It helps the Supply Chain Managemnet on forecasting, and RFID provides a GPS on where all their supplies are located at any given time.

I believe in standing up and sticking together, but I also believe that it is the Jr. senoirity's job to supply the drinks at a hotel resturant when Off Duty on layover. That's when a lot of people were proud of their senoirity. For example, albag has more senoirity than me. I would absolutely hate to buy him a drink, because he is a Roadway driver. I would have to put the Roadway/Yellow anger aside, and respect his senority, and honor him with a drink.

Have to remember, if it wasn't for senoirity members, where would we all be today? Plus, where did all of this stupid crap of first in, first out come from? Seniority use to have protection, where they can take their breaks, and not be penalized by the others drivers that don't take their breaks. I believe that the company ID should have the driver's master senoirity number on it. Because, I and others have the right to know who's buying, when we all go to the hotel bar on layover.

The company's demise starts with people who don't care about others, and doesn't want to follow and honor the rules. So quit buying the dispatchers drinks. Support the senoirity members with the drinks. Their the ones' that do the same job, and looks out for everyone. The union jobs are deteriating only because others don't want to follow the rules, and honor their union Brothers and Sisters that do honor the system.

Not pay union dues? Oh, you will pay union dues. I believe everyone had a right to vote Yes or No, without discrimination of a union or company interferring with a person's choice on how to vote. Want to make things better? Restore the honor by following the work rules, and respecting the senior members by any means. Buy them a drink, greet them, report to the senior man about a possible run-around, or help them out with coupling or uncoupling the equipment at a dark terminal/rail/pad. Something down along those lines. It will only get better when everyone contributes, but it must start with the individual, first.

, a lSpaghetti.......that was beautiful.......... Thats how it was when I started at Yellow way back when. I always went outof my way to respect all the senior men. I knew one day it would be my turn. Unfortunatelyot of these new employees come through the door expecting the best truck, the best run etc.

I am a teamster of 17 years and am shocked at the mentalality of some of the members. however after lots of thought I have come to realize that the drivers with the most years in have no choice but to go around with blinders on. Otherwise they would have to face the reality of the situation they are in. and they don't want to do that. this co is not the co it was 20 years ago and neither is the union. I used to be pround of being a union member, but over the last few years you would have to be blind to now see what is going on. we voted in hoffa because he said he could get us a good contract. he said he could get us more money contributed into the pention fund. He said he could create more jobs and preserve the ones we had. Now lets see. We have more money going into the union but the benifits coming out were reduced. The panel that is over seeing the pention fund is appointed and has no accountability to its members and they tell you how much of what you have you can have and set the stipulation so high that you will be very limited if you get it at all. he said he could get us a good contract. he said he could get us more money contributed into the pention fund. He said he could create more jobs and preserve the ones we had. Now lets see. We have more money going into the union but the benifits coming out were reduced. The panel that is over seeing the pention fund is appointed and has no accountability to its members and they tell you how much of what you have you can have and set the stipulation so high that you will be very limited if you get it at all. Membership in the unions have deteriated not improved . we have less members now then ever . jobs were sopose to be saved but in the last 3 years with the merger and all the concessions we have lost jobs. 10,000 this year alone. and with this change of opperations comming more jobs will be lost again. work rules have been changed . grievences lost. harrassment from co allowed. working conditions and moral lowered. but at least we have a vote , right? or did we. we were told that the co need this. we vote yes or we don't have a job. I don't call that a vote. equipment conditions and maintanance is getting bairly passable. our wadges are getting less and we are the first co to ever take a concession on pention. and anyone who thinks we will ever see it returned is delutional. when have we ever had things taken away that we have ever gotton back. This last concession was a joke and unnessasary at this point. they are etting nothing more now then they were already getting. 15 percent. as a matter a fact this cost them money because they will be paying raises every year and suposably will pay into pention in june. the only thing that happened here is that they did force abf who are part of our teamster brothers to the join us at the bottom of the heap which means in the long run more jobs will be lost because abf will not be able to continue proffitablely trying to compeate at a higher level. where is the union? pitting one against the other. is that what the union has come to. The union is selling us out . reason being they don't want to have to pay out union benifits. they are now on the board which makes them not in a position to help us, but is a conflict of intrest. How can They have a financial stake in co and negotiate in our best intrest at the same time. The union has a position on the board and the union has financial gain with stock options. that does not mean that the members will benifit. They have billions of dollars to fund Obomas democratic canidates but yet tell us our pention funds are broke. where do you think they are getting all their money. again with no accountability to the monies wearabouts. oboma saw to that as soon as he go elected. no audits or inquirieries into the pention funds like Bush had ordered. With all the co has done so far to save this co. and all we had given , and the banks and investors were forced to do, it still isn't enough. and the debt load is still high. If you had know about the change of operations would you still have voted the same way. do you really think the union didn't know about this? like they really didn't know that a few months after the contract that this merger was going to happen?. That would mean they are either stupid , incompitant , or crooks and in bed with the co.. which one do you think? but what ever they are no longer looking out for you. It is time we start acting like teamsters and sticking together.we need to take back our union.and we can. make the union officials accountable to the rank and file.Stop paying union dues. Membership in the unions have deteriated not improved . we have less members now then ever . jobs were sopose to be saved but in the last 3 years with the merger and all the concessions we have lost jobs. 10,000 this year alone. and with this change of opperations comming more jobs will be lost again. work rules have been changed . grievences lost. harrassment from co allowed. working conditions and moral lowered. but at least we have a vote , right? or did we. we were told that the co need this. we vote yes or we don't have a job. I don't call that a vote. equipment conditions and maintanance is getting bairly passable. our wadges are getting less and we are the first co to ever take a concession on pention. and anyone who thinks we will ever see it returned is delutional. when have we ever had things taken away that we have ever gotton back. This last concession was a joke and unnessasary at this point. they are etting nothing more now then they were already getting. 15 percent. as a matter a fact this cost them money because they will be paying raises every year and suposably will pay into pention in june. the only thing that happened here is that they did force abf who are part of our teamster brothers to the join us at the bottom of the heap which means in the long run more jobs will be lost because abf will not be able to continue proffitablely trying to compeate at a higher level. where is the union? pitting one against the other. is that what the union has come to. The union is selling us out . reason being they don't want to have to pay out union benifits. they are now on the board which makes them not in a position to help us, but is a conflict of intrest. How can They have a financial stake in co and negotiate in our best intrest at the same time. The union has a position on the board and the union has financial gain with stock options. that does not mean that the members will benifit. They have billions of dollars to fund Obomas democratic canidates but yet tell us our pention funds are broke. where do you think they are getting all their money. again with no accountability to the monies wearabouts. oboma saw to that as soon as he go elected. no audits or inquirieries into the pention funds like Bush had ordered. With all the co has done so far to save this co. and all we had given , and the banks and investors were forced to do, it still isn't enough. and the debt load is still high. If you had know about the change of operations would you still have voted the same way. do you really think the union didn't know about this? like they really didn't know that a few months after the contract that this merger was going to happen?. That would mean they are either stupid , incompitant , or crooks and in bed with the co.. which one do you think? but what ever they are no longer looking out for you. It is time we start acting like teamsters and sticking together.we need to take back our union.and we can. make the union officials accountable to the rank and file.Stop paying union dues. hit them in the pockets like they have us. get their attention. They will lie to you and tell you, you can not withdraw from union. because of clause in contract. but it is a lie. you do not have to join or remain a member of any organisation by law. we can either file a petion with the national labor relation for a vote to deauthorize and make it a open shop. all we need is 30 percent of the members to call for a vote . and vote for it. They would still have to represent us, and all benifits negotiated would stay the same. the only thing that would change is, dues would be volintary and they would have to work for the money they get from us.maybe then the jobs they save will be there own. we are at a cross roads . we can let them continue to take what we have all worked hard for and fund our own demise or we can stand up and stand stong and together not divided. and take this union back.

I'll sleep on it

Sorry to have to say this to you, BUT YOUR WRONG: I was at the change of opps meeting in dallas and what you are saying did not happen, TJ did ask the company when there next change was going to be and the company stated on the record that they had " no other change of operations in the works". So if you are unhappy with what is going on just maybe you should blame the people that are making you unhappy. At least know who they are so you direct your rant in the rite direction.

Kiss the senior man`s butt?.. no way...I had seniority at another company and not now...We use to offer what they call Company Convience ..in another words...instead of layoffs they would off a day off without pay...Senior guys took it so jr man did not get laid off....that was then...now ..I have senior guys tell me that I don`t care if you get laid off...I want my 60...so how is a jr man supposed to respond.....Jr men have owrked other jobs and have a clue what is out there..Senior man hae no clue and would be in for a big reality check if they had to look for another job...I have 25 years in the union...been on both sides of the seniority liost so I do have a clue what is going on

Kiss the senior man`s butt?.. no way...I had seniority at another company and not now...We use to offer what they call Company Convience ..in another words...instead of layoffs they would off a day off without pay...Senior guys took it so jr man did not get laid off....that was then...now ..I have senior guys tell me that I don`t care if you get laid off...I want my 60...so how is a jr man supposed to respond.....Jr men have owrked other jobs and have a clue what is out there..Senior man hae no clue and would be in for a big reality check if they had to look for another job...I have 25 years in the union...been on both sides of the seniority liost so I do have a clue what is going on
Nobody said to :butt kiss: to the higher senoirity. Just show proper respect to the higher seniority. Outside YRC nobody cares, but inside YRC we all :grouphug:. OK, now who's buying?

I am a teamster of 17 years and am shocked at the mentalality of some of the members. however after lots of thought I have come to realize that the drivers with the most years in have no choice but to go around with blinders on. Otherwise they would have to face the reality of the situation they are in. and they don't want to do that. this co is not the co it was 20 years ago and neither is the union. I used to be pround of being a union member, but over the last few years you would have to be blind to now see what is going on. we voted in hoffa because he said he could get us a good contract. he said he could get us more money contributed into the pention fund. He said he could create more jobs and preserve the ones we had. Now lets see. We have more money going into the union but the benifits coming out were reduced. The panel that is over seeing the pention fund is appointed and has no accountability to its members and they tell you how much of what you have you can have and set the stipulation so high that you will be very limited if you get it at all. Membership in the unions have deteriated not improved . we have less members now then ever . jobs were sopose to be saved but in the last 3 years with the merger and all the concessions we have lost jobs. 10,000 this year alone. and with this change of opperations comming more jobs will be lost again. work rules have been changed . grievences lost. harrassment from co allowed. working conditions and moral lowered. but at least we have a vote , right? or did we. we were told that the co need this. we vote yes or we don't have a job. I don't call that a vote. equipment conditions and maintanance is getting bairly passable. our wadges are getting less and we are the first co to ever take a concession on pention. and anyone who thinks we will ever see it returned is delutional. when have we ever had things taken away that we have ever gotton back. This last concession was a joke and unnessasary at this point. they are etting nothing more now then they were already getting. 15 percent. as a matter a fact this cost them money because they will be paying raises every year and suposably will pay into pention in june. the only thing that happened here is that they did force abf who are part of our teamster brothers to the join us at the bottom of the heap which means in the long run more jobs will be lost because abf will not be able to continue proffitablely trying to compeate at a higher level. where is the union? pitting one against the other. is that what the union has come to. The union is selling us out . reason being they don't want to have to pay out union benifits. they are now on the board which makes them not in a position to help us, but is a conflict of intrest. How can They have a financial stake in co and negotiate in our best intrest at the same time. The union has a position on the board and the union has financial gain with stock options. that does not mean that the members will benifit. They have billions of dollars to fund Obomas democratic canidates but yet tell us our pention funds are broke. where do you think they are getting all their money. again with no accountability to the monies wearabouts. oboma saw to that as soon as he go elected. no audits or inquirieries into the pention funds like Bush had ordered. With all the co has done so far to save this co. and all we had given , and the banks and investors were forced to do, it still isn't enough. and the debt load is still high. If you had know about the change of operations would you still have voted the same way. do you really think the union didn't know about this? like they really didn't know that a few months after the contract that this merger was going to happen?. That would mean they are either stupid , incompitant , or crooks and in bed with the co.. which one do you think? but what ever they are no longer looking out for you. It is time we start acting like teamsters and sticking together.we need to take back our union.and we can. make the union officials accountable to the rank and file.Stop paying union dues. hit them in the pockets like they have us. get their attention. They will lie to you and tell you, you can not withdraw from union. because of clause in contract. but it is a lie. you do not have to join or remain a member of any organisation by law. we can either file a petion with the national labor relation for a vote to deauthorize and make it a open shop. all we need is 30 percent of the members to call for a vote . and vote for it. They would still have to represent us, and all benifits negotiated would stay the same. the only thing that would change is, dues would be volintary and they would have to work for the money they get from us.maybe then the jobs they save will be there own. we are at a cross roads . we can let them continue to take what we have all worked hard for and fund our own demise or we can stand up and stand stong and together not divided. and take this union back.

I agree with a lot of what you say but too long my ADHD :regretful: kicked in and I got lost.
And I do agree with R-14 (Yes Rare) this was just as much YRC's (Your Roadway Corp):stirthepot: fault as the UNION.

I agree with a lot of what you say but too long my ADHD :regretful: kicked in and I got lost.
And I do agree with R-14 (Yes Rare) this was just as much YRC's (Your Roadway Corp):stirthepot: fault as the UNION.
Life is to short, make your point in a couple of sentences.

I can see it now. The NO voters getting their way and after the BK (as the company promised) people would be on here complaining because the Union didn't do anything to stop it.

I can see it now. The NO voters getting their way and after the BK (as the company promised) people would be on here complaining because the Union didn't do anything to stop it.
You "can see it now", only in your imagination. I'm convinced that we will never see the no voters getting their way. The yes voters will out number us regardless of the damage that any concession proposal will cause. I just can't wait until the next concession package is announced.:coffee1:

You "can see it now", only in your imagination. I'm convinced that we will never see the no voters getting their way. The yes voters will out number us regardless of the damage that any concession proposal will cause. I just can't wait until the next concession package is announced.:coffee1:

b916d65e.png
the only way a no can win is when the union tells you no..that's pretty easy to understand. When the unions says no you can't lose. On the other hand when the union says yes you can't lose either. You may always be outnumbered because you may think you know better then the union but you don't.

It has absolutely nothing to do with testosterone levels and all to do with understanding the union knows more than you. I mean that's one reason they are paid a lot more than you. They know more. If people like you took a little time to be more knowledgeable it would elevate the teamster union to a high level of enlightenment. Remember--highly knowledgeable, not highly loaded with testosterone works
emoticon-cartoon-022.gif