Yellow | something to think about.

b916d65e.png
the only way a no can win is when the union tells you no..that's pretty easy to understand. When the unions says no you can't lose. On the other hand when the union says yes you can't lose either. You may always be outnumbered because you may think you know better then the union but you don't.

It has absolutely nothing to do with testosterone levels and all to do with understanding the union knows more than you. I mean that's one reason they are paid a lot more than you. They know more. If people like you took a little time to be more knowledgeable it would elevate the teamster union to a high level of enlightenment. Remember--highly knowledgeable, not highly loaded with testosterone works
emoticon-cartoon-022.gif

Right on Joe. Voting NO was just too big of a gamble at this point with YRC.

You may always be outnumbered because you may think you know better then the union but you don't.
I was smart enough to know that the company would take full advantage of the gray areas in the proposal, that's why they put the language in there, but the Union wasn't smart enough to see it. And since the company is doing exactly what some of us predicted, should we always think that the Union is only looking out for OUR best interest? Keep living in your fantasy land, things are always perfect when laying on a couch, but others are losing they livelihood.

Your welcome. you really don't lisen. it is a combined effort . the union is in bed with the co. zollars and hoffa and obomma and democrats they got it all wrapped up. You will never see a day of that pention money paid back in or paid out for that matter.And really the one you have to blame is ourselves for giving to many other people control over your life and your future. I know it stinks to think you have been taken and there isn't time to go back and start over. So now what. Ride the titanic to the bottom of the sea. zollars walks with your pay and Hoffa walks with your pention. you end up on obomma care If the union was so great why are they haveing to force people to join. people should be lining up at the door to join. If the union was so great at running a co. then why don't they instead of making their money off of the backs of hard working people like us . If the union was running yrcw right now do you think you would be making the money and benifits that they were forcing yrcw to pay us. do you think we would have a great contract if hoffa was our boss and owned the co. ya dream on.

Wow littlesister10 you have a lot of misdirected anger......How and where is the Union "forcing" people to join?? And YES....people should be lining up at the door to join. Perhaps it would relieve some of your anger towards the Union if you went back and read Union history.....and I'm not referring to the History of the Union....but the history of the Union movement and what impact it has made on this country...And one other point.......Obama or the democrats have nothing to do with the situation of YRC/YRCW.....

The union's main job is to make sure everyone is working as best as they can or know how. In a Recession there's not going to be many choices. Plus, a company has to get top grade/upgrade equipment and computer systems in order to survive in a Global Market. There are many companies that are using the RFID techology. It helps the Supply Chain Managemnet on forecasting, and RFID provides a GPS on where all their supplies are located at any given time.

I believe in standing up and sticking together, but I also believe that it is the Jr. senoirity's job to supply the drinks at a hotel resturant when Off Duty on layover. That's when a lot of people were proud of their senoirity. For example, albag has more senoirity than me. I would absolutely hate to buy him a drink, because he is a Roadway driver. I would have to put the Roadway/Yellow anger aside, and respect his senority, and honor him with a drink.

Have to remember, if it wasn't for senoirity members, where would we all be today? Plus, where did all of this stupid crap of first in, first out come from? Seniority use to have protection, where they can take their breaks, and not be penalized by the others drivers that don't take their breaks. I believe that the company ID should have the driver's master senoirity number on it. Because, I and others have the right to know who's buying, when we all go to the hotel bar on layover.

The company's demise starts with people who don't care about others, and doesn't want to follow and honor the rules. So quit buying the dispatchers drinks. Support the senoirity members with the drinks. Their the ones' that do the same job, and looks out for everyone. The union jobs are deteriating only because others don't want to follow the rules, and honor their union Brothers and Sisters that do honor the system.

Not pay union dues? Oh, you will pay union dues. I believe everyone had a right to vote Yes or No, without discrimination of a union or company interferring with a person's choice on how to vote. Want to make things better? Restore the honor by following the work rules, and respecting the senior members by any means. Buy them a drink, greet them, report to the senior man about a possible run-around, or help them out with coupling or uncoupling the equipment at a dark terminal/rail/pad. Something down along those lines. It will only get better when everyone contributes, but it must start with the individual, first.

Nice post Spaghettie. I have a few different coworkers where I work. The old timer ALWAYS respects the seniority of guys above him, always helps the senior guys do the 'dirty work' never leaves before all the work is done.....then we have a junior guy, always trying to steal the road tractors, always 'weaseling out' of helping with the hooks, always wanting to come in real early so he can stand and watch us load him with his hands in his pockets, then turns around around a buys the boss lunch !!!! Exactly what your post talks about. Its bullsh*t how some MORONS think and act. I alwyas hoped the older guys would retire when I first started, but I always kissed their butt and treated them like they were my boss, now these younger guys want to try every trick in the book to not give respect. We even have a guy who is layed off and now works as our spare save all his vacation time come until the end and now comes in and writes vaca all over the calendar so us guys who have broke our balls all year cant have any time off around the holidays. Unbelievable !!!

I was smart enough to know that the company would take full advantage of the gray areas in the proposal, that's why they put the language in there, but the Union wasn't smart enough to see it. And since the company is doing exactly what some of us predicted, should we always think that the Union is only looking out for OUR best interest? Keep living in your fantasy land, things are always perfect when laying on a couch, but others are losing they livelihood.

Im not sure how the union is to blame for people losing their livelihood. Our competition is after us like wolves. Is the company suppose to send a man out on the street and pay him a days wage with no freight in the back of his truck. C'mon gimme a break. If its your 'livelihood' to deliver freight and your layed off at YRC you will have to apply to deliver for another co. or find a new livelihood. I fail to see this as some 'conspiracy' the union or the company as against any specific drivers. Don't they wish every truck was packed full and had help wanted signs out in front of every terminal ?

Nice post Spaghettie. I have a few different coworkers where I work. The old timer ALWAYS respects the seniority of guys above him, always helps the senior guys do the 'dirty work' never leaves before all the work is done.....then we have a junior guy, always trying to steal the road tractors, always 'weaseling out' of helping with the hooks, always wanting to come in real early so he can stand and watch us load him with his hands in his pockets, then turns around around a buys the boss lunch !!!! Exactly what your post talks about. Its bullsh*t how some MORONS think and act. I alwyas hoped the older guys would retire when I first started, but I always kissed their butt and treated them like they were my boss, now these younger guys want to try every trick in the book to not give respect. We even have a guy who is layed off and now works as our spare save all his vacation time come until the end and now comes in and writes vaca all over the calendar so us guys who have broke our balls all year cant have any time off around the holidays. Unbelievable !!!

Seniority does have it's privileges. The lack of respect you speak of is something that goes way beyond the "doors" of YRC....it is deeply rooted throughout society... in general today ...I agree about how people act like "morons"...Which brings me to another point.....You said you "kissed their butts"....."Butt kissers" never get respect you should know that......Having Seniority has nothing what so ever to do with Lording it over someone else...expecting others to serve you.... perhaps your resentment of your lower seniority colleagues stems from your past of "kissing Butts" You seem to forget that Respect is a two way street...you have to be respectful to gain respect....

I would suggest that you both (spaghetti) put aside your Yellow is Superior attitude and understand that we are all YRC drivers.....Also try showing others the respect that you think is due you and just perhaps...over time.....you may begin to realize respect from others....Your post seems to indicate your issues with others...stems from your own attitudes and desire for others to be your "servant" because you have "seniority".....

Please understand that I'm not putting you down..I'm just trying to respectfully help you see how you can be a better YRC citizen and gain the respect of your coworkers that you so wish for......But it all takes time...start today!!!!!

Seniority does have it's privileges. The lack of respect you speak of is something that goes way beyond the "doors" of YRC....it is deeply rooted throughout society... in general today ...I agree about how people act like "morons"...Which brings me to another point.....You said you "kissed their butts"....."Butt kissers" never get respect you should know that......Having Seniority has nothing what so ever to do with Lording it over someone else...expecting others to serve you.... perhaps your resentment of your lower seniority colleagues stems from your past of "kissing Butts" You seem to forget that Respect is a two way street...you have to be respectful to gain respect....

I would suggest that you both (spaghetti) put aside your Yellow is Superior attitude and understand that we are all YRC drivers.....Also try showing others the respect that you think is due you and just perhaps...over time.....you may begin to realize respect from others....Your post seems to indicate your issues with others...stems from your own attitudes and desire for others to be your "servant" because you have "seniority".....

Please understand that I'm not putting you down..I'm just trying to respectfully help you see how you can be a better YRC citizen and gain the respect of your coworkers that you so wish for......But it all takes time...start today!!!!!
OK I get it, I understand. A simple thanks or no thanks would have been an easier reply. I will replace the drink with Gatorade, instead. Use the empty Gatorade jug down the road, to avoid taking that 15 minute break. Just be careful when driving over the bumps on the road, and making a mess inside the tractor. Remember, a fellow union Brother or Sister for (YRC) has to drive that tractor later, as well. :biglaugh:

OK I get it, I understand. A simple thanks or no thanks would have been an easier reply. I will replace the drink with Gatorade, instead. Use the empty Gatorade jug down the road, to avoid taking that 15 minute break. Just be careful when driving over the bumps on the road, and making a mess inside the tractor. Remember, a fellow union Brother or Sister for (YRC) has to drive that tractor later, as well. :biglaugh:

Do you? A simple "thanks or no thanks" would not have been an appropriate response, given the nature of his post. Similarly, like your comments about Gatorade and break time.

I do appreciate your admonition to others to leave the Tractor clean for their fellow YRC brother or sister......

Wow littlesister10 you have a lot of misdirected anger......How and where is the Union "forcing" people to join?? And YES....people should be lining up at the door to join. Perhaps it would relieve some of your anger towards the Union if you went back and read Union history.....and I'm not referring to the History of the Union....but the history of the Union movement and what impact it has made on this country...And one other point.......Obama or the democrats have nothing to do with the situation of YRC/YRCW.....

well I do not believe that it is misdirected. The union was intended to produce a fair days work for a fair days wage. That unfortunatly has been distorted along the way. The unions, instead of protecting the union members have decided to make a buisness out of controlling buisnesses. If you had a buisness would you like the union coming in and telling you how to run your buisness, determining how much profit you were allowed to make and then having the government coming in and filling you up with regulation and taxes? It is no wonder companies are leaving this country in groves. It is not profitable to do buisness here any more. and oboma? yes he steppped into office and denied or canceliled the order that Bush put in place to have the pention funds audited. and then him and the rest of the demicrats decided they needed to pass a bill to get card check. How can you say who is forcing the union. I am living in a state where unionism is forced. There are only 26 states that arn't. our contract says you have to be a union membe in good standing and pay union dues to work here..... so how can you say it is not forced? why is membership not volintary? if it is such a good thing why would you have to be force to join?

well I do not believe that it is misdirected. The union was intended to produce a fair days work for a fair days wage. That unfortunatly has been distorted along the way. The unions, instead of protecting the union members have decided to make a buisness out of controlling buisnesses. If you had a buisness would you like the union coming in and telling you how to run your buisness, determining how much profit you were allowed to make and then having the government coming in and filling you up with regulation and taxes? It is no wonder companies are leaving this country in groves. It is not profitable to do buisness here any more. and oboma? yes he steppped into office and denied or canceliled the order that Bush put in place to have the pention funds audited. and then him and the rest of the demicrats decided they needed to pass a bill to get card check. How can you say who is forcing the union. I am living in a state where unionism is forced. There are only 26 states that arn't. our contract says you have to be a union membe in good standing and pay union dues to work here..... so how can you say it is not forced? why is membership not volintary? if it is such a good thing why would you have to be force to join?

images
girl..you been watching the Sopranos a little too much? Listen to me..have you been hanging out with turbo? You shouldn't be talking about the union like that. They are the good guys..when's it gonna end? There's an old Italian saying: you screw up once, you lose two teeth. bye

:biglaugh:

images
girl..you been watching the Sopranos a little too much? Listen to me..have you been hanging out with turbo? You shouldn't be talking about the union like that. They are the good guys..when's it gonna end? There's an old Italian saying: you screw up once, you lose two teeth. bye

:biglaugh:

just what I thought . you cant argue the points so you you resort to name calling and threats . I guess that is what constitutes for being a good union member these days. why is it so hard to acccept that the union is corrupt. and try to fix it. It would benifit more people and proubly save more jobs. I guess the truth hurts and it doesn't paint a pretty picture of unions. well that is good because I would like to see the unions and our government restored

Nobody forcing you to work Union, leave whenever it suits you. In fact sounds like you would like it better in one of those countries all the companies are moving to......safe trip. :GrowUp:

Nobody forcing you to work Union, leave whenever it suits you. In fact sounds like you would like it better in one of those countries all the companies are moving to......safe trip. :GrowUp:

what is wrong with you you don't want to address the proublems with this union. I am not anti union or anti government but there are definit proublems with both. you are so self senterted you refuce to see the proublems with anything until it affects you. but usually b y that point it is to late. well if you think the union is looking out for you right now you are in for a bummpy ride. you can not argue the points so you just get stupid and ignore it and hope it goes away. as long as you are still ok I guess life is good.and I anin't going no where buddy. I am going to Fight to change it. and if it doesn't change I hope it goes away, for all our sakes. WAKE UP AND CARE ABOUT THE BIG PICTUE INSTEAD OF YOURSELF FOR A CHANGE

what is wrong with you you don't want to address the proublems with this union. I am not anti union or anti government but there are definit proublems with both. you are so self senterted you refuce to see the proublems with anything until it affects you. but usually b y that point it is to late. well if you think the union is looking out for you right now you are in for a bummpy ride. you can not argue the points so you just get stupid and ignore it and hope it goes away. as long as you are still ok I guess life is good.and I anin't going no where buddy. I am going to Fight to change it. and if it doesn't change I hope it goes away, for all our sakes. WAKE UP AND CARE ABOUT THE BIG PICTUE INSTEAD OF YOURSELF FOR A CHANGE

you're going to stay and fight? The union needs somebody like you at the top. Would you be interested in running against Hoffa. He reduced pay and stopped the pension. Could you help?

I am a teamster of 17 years and am shocked at the mentalality of some of the members. however after lots of thought I have come to realize that the drivers with the most years in have no choice but to go around with blinders on.

Otherwise they would have to face the reality of the situation they are in. and they don't want to do that. this co is not the co it was 20 years ago and neither is the union. I used to be pround of being a union member, but over the last few years you would have to be blind to now see what is going on. we voted in hoffa because he said he could get us a good contract. he said he could get us more money contributed into the pention fund. He said he could create more jobs and preserve the ones we had. Now lets see.

We have more money going into the union but the benifits coming out were reduced. The panel that is over seeing the pention fund is appointed and has no accountability to its members and they tell you how much of what you have you can have and set the stipulation so high that you will be very limited if you get it at all.

Membership in the unions have deteriated not improved . we have less members now then ever . jobs were sopose to be saved but in the last 3 years with the merger and all the concessions we have lost jobs. 10,000 this year alone. and with this change of opperations comming more jobs will be lost again. work rules have been changed . grievences lost. harrassment from co allowed. working conditions and moral lowered. but at least we have a vote , right? or did we. we were told that the co need this. we vote yes or we don't have a job. I don't call that a vote. equipment conditions and maintanance is getting bairly passable. our wadges are getting less and we are the first co to ever take a concession on pention. and anyone who thinks we will ever see it returned is delutional. when have we ever had things taken away that we have ever gotton back.

This last concession was a joke and unnessasary at this point. they are etting nothing more now then they were already getting. 15 percent. as a matter a fact this cost them money because they will be paying raises every year and suposably will pay into pention in june. the only thing that happened here is that they did force abf who are part of our teamster brothers to the join us at the bottom of the heap which means in the long run more jobs will be lost because abf will not be able to continue proffitablely trying to compeate at a higher level. where is the union? pitting one against the other. is that what the union has come to.

The union is selling us out . reason being they don't want to have to pay out union benifits. they are now on the board which makes them not in a position to help us, but is a conflict of intrest. How can They have a financial stake in co and negotiate in our best intrest at the same time. The union has a position on the board and the union has financial gain with stock options. that does not mean that the members will benifit. They have billions of dollars to fund Obomas democratic canidates but yet tell us our pention funds are broke. where do you think they are getting all their money. again with no accountability to the monies wearabouts. oboma saw to that as soon as he go elected. no audits or inquirieries into the pention funds like Bush had ordered.

With all the co has done so far to save this co. and all we had given , and the banks and investors were forced to do, it still isn't enough. and the debt load is still high. If you had know about the change of operations would you still have voted the same way. do you really think the union didn't know about this? like they really didn't know that a few months after the contract that this merger was going to happen?. That would mean they are either stupid , incompitant , or crooks and in bed with the co.. which one do you think? but what ever they are no longer looking out for you. It is time we start acting like teamsters and sticking together.we need to take back our union.and we can. make the union officials accountable to the rank and file.Stop paying union dues. hit them in the pockets like they have us. get their attention.

They will lie to you and tell you, you can not withdraw from union. because of clause in contract. but it is a lie. you do not have to join or remain a member of any organisation by law. we can either file a petion with the national labor relation for a vote to deauthorize and make it a open shop. all we need is 30 percent of the members to call for a vote . and vote for it.

They would still have to represent us, and all benifits negotiated would stay the same. the only thing that would change is, dues would be volintary and they would have to work for the money they get from us.maybe then the jobs they save will be there own. we are at a cross roads . we can let them continue to take what we have all worked hard for and fund our own demise or we can stand up and stand stong and together not divided. and take this union back.

Its no secret that I'm Teamster not very happy with the Teamsters or most unions for that matter. But this is one area where I feel the Teamsters are doing what they can. Did the Teamsters make some mistakes? Perhaps, Only time will tell. But in my opinion the Teamsters are really trying to save YRC. I mean what good is the union, if there is no company?

I too use to work for Roadway before Ii left in 05. Big R was a great company, Then Zollars came in and got stupid greedy with all of Big R cash. He took a gamble by expanding so fast, then when the economy took a big ol crap, YRC had no cash to withstand the recession.

Now maybe with a CEO, YRC can right the ship. Blame YRC not the Teamsters.

you're going to stay and fight? The union needs somebody like you at the top. Would you be interested in running against Hoffa. He reduced pay and stopped the pension. Could you help?

If people like you would start acting like union members instead of cult members maybe we could work together to make it better for all who particiapate not just a few. That is if you remember what made this union as big and strong as it was. used to be if one was on strike for a good reason everyone supported it. now if someone is in trouble all you do is say ... dame sorry about your bad luck but I still have a job so quit whinning. what happens to one will eventually happen to everyone. we at yrcw are getting our tern in the barrel. we have left ourselves weak because we did not stick up for the ones who went down before us. It was only a matter of time before they got to us. and ABF will be the last man standing. The union has lost its membership and in tern lost its bargining power and with that lost its effectiveness. The union did this to themselves out of pure greed. Asking for more then what the co could with stand in the first place.

Whats wrong with me? Your sniveling for one. Your gonna fight. :LMAO: Thats right I'm gonna go on to a Trucking forum and raise hell with my fellow workers for something they can't control anymore than I can. :bowdown: You wanna change things, get busy, in the mean time I'm gonna hide right here in the back with you.

Whats wrong with me? Your sniveling for one. Your gonna fight. :LMAO: Thats right I'm gonna go on to a Trucking forum and raise hell with my fellow workers for something they can't control anymore than I can. :bowdown: You wanna change things, get busy, in the mean time I'm gonna hide right here in the back with you.

oh so the members can't change anything? The union can't change anything? then what is the use. you should say in the back and shut up. you are one of these teamsters who just what stuff. don't work for it or just ride the train. as long as you pay your dues you don't care what they do. right. well then you deserve what you get. which will be the shaft in the end. You can't controll anything so just sit back and take it. your the snivilling one. you coward.

oh so the members can't change anything? The union can't change anything? then what is the use. you should say in the back and shut up. you are one of these teamsters who just what stuff. don't work for it or just ride the train. as long as you pay your dues you don't care what they do. right. well then you deserve what you get. which will be the shaft in the end. You can't controll anything so just sit back and take it. your the snivilling one. you coward.
I ain't had this much fun in days. :woot2: Wish it was'nt my bed time, I'll have to check back tommorrow, see what else ya got. Your FUUUNNNY. :clapping: