Yellow | something to think about.

so where do you work. i dont think if you are 32 y/o that you have been with yrc long enough to still be working.
guess you are working on your next yes vote already .
i love sc@b$s that cross my picket line . not even the cops can help some1 in that position .

so where do you work. i dont think if you are 32 y/o that you have been with yrc long enough to still be working.
guess you are working on your next yes vote already .
i love sc@b$s that cross my picket line . not even the cops can help some1 in that position .

Worked for Big R from 02 to 05, been with ABF since. I'm no sc@b. I have principles, and believe it or not, sometimes crossing the picketline is the right thing to do.

But I have noticed you dn't debate me. You throw stupid silly insults.

only at stupid silly anti union posters. is abf really in the union .white paper-no dues ?

Well for one, I didn't say that. Second, if the unions keep on their current track, then yes I am better off without the union. There, now I said it.
if you mean public unions I must agree with you..they are literally destructive

labor unions like the teamsters get what the market will bear but in the case of YRC it can't bear too much

th_imagesqtbnANd9GcSafnz0OnCXBDAYn1C69.jpg
Huge gains?? Like we will ever get any of the concessions back.Economics champion?Then tell us all when all this will end,Joe!

The work rules that were ratified was huge for the company..it will pay big dividends like restore the 15% and more of the pension back by the end of the contract

dont push it . if we ever see another contract no way will it even come close to our 15% back.
i cant see it being a raise at all. just be glad to still be working lol what a bad joke!!!

Thats why the unions are failing. Ignorance from the the unions and its members NOT knowing how an economy really works. OBSCENE PROFITS? Give me a break. Exploiting third world nations? Come on! The unions using class warfare is whats killing us.
Companies don't take off to other nations because of cheap wages. Not to say that isn't a factor. But its not the sole factor, or even the biggest factor. A big reason is that these companies to servicing those foreign markets. Believe it or not, America isn't the only consumer in this world. Another reason is high taxes and stupid over the top regulations we place on business.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS. By the way, whats obscene profits? How much profit is too much?

Unions are losing strength, no question about that...But it's not due to the "ignorance of the Unions or its members" about how an economy works...The economy is, most simply put, a consumer based economy...That means that when we, as consumers, buy things....it creates demand....demand is then filled by manufactures and service providers......of course that's the "readers digest" version.... but basically correct. But I suppose that since your so smart about how an economy really works, you already know that...

What don't you know about excessive profits by large multinational corporations?? Together they are sitting on over 1.5 trillion dollars of it...Do you suppose they got it by paying fair living wages here in United States? or would it be more likely that it was at the expense of workers in third world countries working for a paltry wage? They further exploit the environments of such countries due to fact they don't have any environmental regulations..If you want to see what happens to an environment without regulation by Government...Look to China......You really believe that Companies have to move their operations off shore just to serve foreign consumers??? To borrow a phrase from you, "come on! First off.. we have by far and away most of the consumers that they manufacture products for....The relatively small percentage of consumers in third world countries, for the most part do not make enough in wages to purchase the products they make...So that is not the "biggest" reason Jobs are outsourced over seas.. Your argument doesn't contain any logic..How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Unions are using class warfare???? How are they doing that?????? Large corporations and the myriads of lobbyists that they have at their disposal, are busy buying politicians so as to influence policy..which will benefit them of course..not you and I, as working Americans....

High taxes??? In recent history, tax rates on the billionaires and millionaires during the Eisenhower administration were above 90 % and there was prosperity..... it was only after Reagan dropped the rate for the wealthiest to 28 %...the deficits grew and wages started to decline.....Clinton raised them to around 34% and was able to balance the budget and create a surplus...You may remember Bush and Gore debating on how best to use the Surplus...... So why do you buy into the "high taxes" baloney? Over the top regulations????? such as???? Lack of regulatory over site is what brought us to the brink.....Wall street has proven that they need to be regulated...as with all large business.....greed will always prevent those at the top to ignore whats best for environments or the best interests of the workers..

Greed....that's what Capitalism is all about isn't it????? I guess that's why you don't have clue what Obscene profits might be......I guess you probably do know all about blissfulness....

if you mean public unions I must agree with you..they are literally destructive

labor unions like the teamsters get what the market will bear but in the case of YRC it can't bear too much

th_imagesqtbnANd9GcSafnz0OnCXBDAYn1C69.jpg

The work rules that were ratified was huge for the company..it will pay big dividends like restore the 15% and more of the pension back by the end of the contract

I agree, I have no issue with unions in the private sector. If a union over reaches on a contract or a company falls on hard times and can't uphold their part of the contract, then the company goes out of business if no other remedy can be found. Compared to unions in the public sector where the government just prints or barrows more money to uphold a contract, thus putting the tax payers liable for a bad contract.
But I believe private sector unions are supporting policies that kill job growth in the private the private sector.
Its not that I want unions to die. I'm a 3rd generation Teamster. I just see them killing themselves.

only at stupid silly anti union posters. is abf really in the union .white paper-no dues ?

I haven't said one ANTI-union thing. Not one. And if you don't know if ABF is the union, then your not worthy of debating, if you don't know the basics.

Nice post Spaghettie. I have a few different coworkers where I work. The old timer ALWAYS respects the seniority of guys above him, always helps the senior guys do the 'dirty work' never leaves before all the work is done.....then we have a junior guy, always trying to steal the road tractors, always 'weaseling out' of helping with the hooks, always wanting to come in real early so he can stand and watch us load him with his hands in his pockets, then turns around around a buys the boss lunch !!!! Exactly what your post talks about. Its bullsh*t how some MORONS think and act. I alwyas hoped the older guys would retire when I first started, but I always kissed their butt and treated them like they were my boss, now these younger guys want to try every trick in the book to not give respect. We even have a guy who is layed off and now works as our spare save all his vacation time come until the end and now comes in and writes vaca all over the calendar so us guys who have broke our balls all year cant have any time off around the holidays. Unbelievable !!!

How is a JR employee taking your vacation time????????????????? Why arent you locked in under the seniority vacation bid process??? Or did you wait until it becam first come, first served??????????? If you waited....you must blaim yourself........

Worked for Big R from 02 to 05, been with ABF since. I'm no sc@b. I have principles, and believe it or not, sometimes crossing the picketline is the right thing to do.

But I have noticed you dn't debate me. You throw stupid silly insults.

Son, there is never a good time to cross a picket line. TEAMSTERS dont cross our own, and we honor others picket lines. You dont have the right to be called a TEAMSTER if you have, would, gonna, or whatever cross a picket line then we dont need ya.

Got news for ya, even us Teamsters are going to start paying towards our health care premiums. With the passage of Obamacare, backed by the Teamsters and most other unions, its raising the cost of all premiums as we speak. So when the next contract comes around, and YRC and ABF ask for us to pay towards the premiums, don't blame YRC or ABF, blame our wonderful, mindless, backstabbing union leaders.

nd Aif there is a strike over that, don't expect me to picket. I WILL cross that picket line. After all this would be the unions fault in the place. Not the companies.

This guy is just rarin to cross a picket line for whatever reason.........??? I just dont get? Have you ever been a part of anything that meant something??? We are teamsters and we stick together....even in rough times.... we stick together and let the company know that we are brothers and will support each other to the end. I think you are definitely working at the wrong place. Conway would be a much better fit for someone so eager to betray his brothers.....

Son, there is never a good time to cross a picket line. TEAMSTERS dont cross our own, and we honor others picket lines. You dont have the right to be called a TEAMSTER if you have, would, gonna, or whatever cross a picket line then we dont need ya.

Oh really? So when ABF and other Union companies come calling in the negotiation's for us pay towards our health care because premiums are skyrocketing because of Obama care which was fully backed by the unions in particular the Teamsters. I should sacrifice my paycheck and live on that measly strike pay for a problem caused by the Teamsters?
I say no. You union zombies think you always on the morally right side of a picket line. Well guess what, on this issue your not.
The Teamsters already crossed us by supporting job killing policies and Obama care by backing Democrat policies. I'm done just following anything our wonderful backstabbing union leaders have to say. Their real good at playing the blame game.. Its Bush this, its Reagan that, its Deregulation or whatever.
And if following these idiots to the bitter end, blaming everybody else earns me the right to be called a Teamster, than keep you can keep it. Don't hurt my feelings.
Now I've already accepted the fact the the unions are dying. So I'll ride out ABF as long as it takes to get to my other personal goals. Its just a check for now. A real good check, but unsustainable check. So yes I'm here for the money. Because my way of thinking is not excepted with you guys. You guys will keep following the same path till it leads to our end. and it will.
so yes, I will cross the picket line, because I'm not here to make friends, or to help the Teamsters run themselves onto the ground.

if you cross a line . its a one way trip ... there is no going back. remember that!!!!!
ill be the guy with the kodak taking the pictures and posting them in ever truck stop from coast to coast

This guy is just rarin to cross a picket line for whatever reason.........??? I just dont get? Have you ever been a part of anything that meant something??? We are teamsters and we stick together....even in rough times.... we stick together and let the company know that we are brothers and will support each other to the end. I think you are definitely working at the wrong place. Conway would be a much better fit for someone so eager to betray his brothers.....

Rough times caused by the Teamsters. And don't give that brotherhood garbage. I see be backstabbing with in the Teamsters than I ever seen anywhere else in my life.
We have hog boards that leaves the Jr guys at home when it slow, while the Sr guys run their ass off. I didn't see hardly any Sr guys dropping trips to help the Jr guys get a couple more runs a week.
I see the NO voters at YRC tell the Yes voters go to hell for voting on yes on concessions. Hell, I had guys on this site, send me pics of a man shooting himself telling me that's what I should because I dare to speak my mind and callout the Teamsters. couple years back, some members outed where I lived on this site. Now why would they do that?
Union brotherhood is dead, if it ever existed. So don't give me that BS.
But your right about one thing. You guys will support each other to the end. And the END is coming. So go ahead and keep blowing sunshine up each others ass's while you keep supporting leaders and policies that kill union jobs.
I aint worried, I'm preparing for the end, so when it does come an end, you won't see me crying at the locked gates like the rest of you. I'll be on to plan to B in my life.

if you cross a line . its a one way trip ... there is no going back. remember that!!!!!
ill be the guy with the kodak taking the pictures and posting them in ever truck stop from coast to coast

Go ahead I don't care. This coming from a guy who didn't know if ABF was Master Freight or White Paper. And those stupid pics you'll post won't and don't have the affect they may have had 30 or 40 years ago. No one cares.

Last edited by a moderator:
why would i know or care about abf . i dont work for them. you would be surprizes how many do care about a line crosser. all those 70% yes guys would really care .
go for it!!!!! 1 way in no way out !!!!

What don't you know about excessive profits by large multinational corporations?? Together they are sitting on over 1.5 trillion dollars of it...Do you suppose they got it by paying fair living wages here in United States? or would it be more likely that it was at the expense of workers in third world countries working for a paltry wage? They further exploit the environments of such countries due to fact they don't have any environmental regulations..If you want to see what happens to an environment without regulation by Government...Look to China......You really believe that Companies have to move their operations off shore just to serve foreign consumers??? To borrow a phrase from you, "come on! First off.. we have by far and away most of the consumers that they manufacture products for....The relatively small percentage of consumers in third world countries, for the most part do not make enough in wages to purchase the products they make...So that is not the "biggest" reason Jobs are outsourced over seas.. Your argument doesn't contain any logic..How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Yes multinationals do outsource a lot jobs to serve their foreign Markets. Why do you think Toyota and Honda have plants here in America? Almost all the Tundras and Tacoma's are made here in the States. We're their foreign market. So yes my argument does contain logic, you just don't want to except it. And I didn't say that was the biggest reason jobs are outsourced. I said it was a big reason, not biggest. My point was there are so many reasons, and wages is acutely a minor reason.

Unions are using class warfare???? How are they doing that?????? Large corporations and the myriads of lobbyists that they have at their disposal, are busy buying politicians so as to influence policy..which will benefit them of course..not you and I, as working Americans....
I don't see the unions calling for the Bush Tax cuts to be extended. Like you, they use phrases like Obscene profits. Now would why the unions use a myriad of lobbyist? They are the lobbyist.

High taxes??? In recent history, tax rates on the billionaires and millionaires during the Eisenhower administration were above 90 % and there was prosperity..... it was only after Reagan dropped the rate for the wealthiest to 28 %...the deficits grew and wages started to decline.....Clinton raised them to around 34% and was able to balance the budget and create a surplus...You may remember Bush and Gore debating on how best to use the Surplus...... So why do you buy into the "high taxes" baloney? Over the top regulations????? such as???? Lack of regulatory over site is what brought us to the brink.....Wall street has proven that they need to be regulated...as with all large business.....greed will always prevent those at the top to ignore whats best for environments or the best interests of the workers..

Baloney uh? Well when Tax rates were at 90%, The rich were keeping their money off shore and using many many tax shelters, but sure as hell weren't investing as much as they could have in America. And its a fact that when Tax rates are cut, tax revenues goes up. JFK, Reagan, Clinton(HE ACTUALLY DROPPED CAPITAL GAINS TO 20% WHICH HELPED BALANCE THE BUDGET), and W Bush all cut taxes and revenue went up. Deficits grew because over spending by our government, be it GOP or Democrat. Its like you or I getting a $10,000 a year raise, but decide to spend $15,000 more. And the Clinton surplus was based off of spending cuts to 1930 levels believe it not. And there was never surplus anyhow, it was projected surplus that NEVER happened.
Even Obama admitted his tax cuts were more about fairness then actually whats good for the economy.
But JKF understood what spur an economy.

And as far as over the top Regs. I'm not talking about have NO regulations. But the ridiculous red tape business have to go thru just to operate in the country. And it wasn't deregulation that brought us to the brink. It was government manipulation of the housing market thru Fannie and Freddie. We banks and Wall Street believing they had no risk, because they didn't. They were basically playing with tax payer money. They believed whatever they lost in sub-prime loans, the government would back those loans with Fannie and Freddie. And Fannie and Freddie did. But Fannie and Freddie could only back up these loans by buying them and selling them in the form of Bonds and securities on the world market.
So when sub-primes mortgage holders stop paying the house payments, these securities became worthless, investor's stopped buying them, which left F and F with no money to back these loans to the Banks/Wall Street, which caused the banks to stop loaning money, to nearly everyone.
So if government would have never got involved in the housing market, we wouldn't be facing these issues today. It was political greed and that caused the corporate greed. And now we're all paying for it.
Pure and simple, Wall Street wouldn't have taken the chances they did if they didn't believe government would back up their losses.
Greed....that's what Capitalism is all about isn't it????? I guess that's why you don't have clue what Obscene profits might be......I guess you probably do know all about blissfulness....

This wasn't capitalism greed run a muck. It was government manipulation. And no Greed isn't what Capitalism is all about. Capitalism is about financial freedom. The freedom to succeed and to fail. Government took the fail part out of the equation.

And I don't believe in the term obscene profits, cause obscene profits mean there is a limit to how much a person or company should make? Last I checked, this is America. And I'm not about ready to let our government place limits on our possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
why would i know or care about abf . i dont work for them. you would be surprizes how many do care about a line crosser. all those 70% yes guys would really care .
go for it!!!!! 1 way in no way out !!!!

Well, if you do or did work YRC, then common sense would tell you that ABF is Master Freight. And tell me, what would you hope happen against me if you did post my pic everywhere?

Stoney,your so in love with yourself,you would most likely post the pictures yourself..Why do you stay at a union job if you hate it that much{being a union member}why not go work for a non-union company,or maybe it is the union benefits and the union protection that you have..Although I do not know you personally,I do know you are the most hateful anti union poster on these boards..I better say no more or I will get banned..Stoney Get a life...

Stoney,your so in love with yourself,you would most likely post the pictures yourself..Why do you stay at a union job if you hate it that much{being a union member}why not go work for a non-union company,or maybe it is the union benefits and the union protection that you have..Although I do not know you personally,I do know you are the most hateful anti union poster on these boards..I better say no more or I will get banned..Stoney Get a life...

I haven't said one ANTI-UNION thing. Not one. Being critcal of the union isn't ANTI-UNION. And I already said why I won't leave. I'm riding out ABF on the backs of you union zombies. Cause I know nothing will change.