Yellow | something to think about.

I haven't said one ANTI-UNION thing. Not one. Being critcal of the union isn't ANTI-UNION. And I already said why I won't leave. I'm riding out ABF on the backs of you union zombies. Cause I know nothing will change.

there will always be union zombies..there are busloads of them union zombies right here. And they're organized union zombies ya right. Now because you have union zombies don't mean the union is bad. There is nothing you can do about union zombies. Union zombies are just a radical left wing extremist faction who just never get their way and they whine forever about it

there will always be union zombies..there are busloads of them union zombies right here. And they're organized union zombies ya right. Now because you have union zombies don't mean the union is bad. There is nothing you can do about union zombies. Union zombies are just a radical left wing extremist faction who just never get their way and they whine forever about it

I'm not saying unions are bad. I'm saying the direction the have been going, and continue to go is bad. They keep backing leftist liberal policies that chase jobs away to other nations or even to closure.
And unfortunately, most union members are the zombies that go lock step along with these job killing policies.

I'm not saying unions are bad. I'm saying the direction the have been going, and continue to go is bad. They keep backing leftist liberal policies that chase jobs away to other nations or even to closure.
And unfortunately, most union members are the zombies that go lock step along with these job killing policies.

images
No question Hoffa is a liberal backing lefty and is the most controversial teamster union president ever as far as freight but who cares about his politics. Glen Beck never has a kind word for unions but I still like Glen Beck for his anti-left stand.

I give Hoffa credit for doing what needed to be done to keep YRC rolling ..that's what counts, not his politics. Job killing pols don't last long. I don't care what the wolf says.
th_imagesqtbnANd9GcTzoT9XqffXcjrZZU9GD.jpg
Only the lone wolfs out there know the value of the teamster union thru the good times and the bad times. I don't care what turbo says. What does he actually know? just a
th_imagesqtbnANd9GcR6Lt67liUEI2GKH2Vm9.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcS5YsGSTsgASP3ZnOphu.jpg

___hi___

You really believe that Companies have to move their operations off shore just to serve foreign consumers??? To borrow a phrase from you, "come on! First off.. we have by far and away most of the consumers that they manufacture products for....The relatively small percentage of consumers in third world countries, for the most part do not make enough in wages to purchase the products they make...?

GM will bump up Chevrolet's China sales

General Motors Corp, which had record sales in China last year, said it will boost sales of its Chevrolet-brand cars by at least 50 per cent this year in China helped by rising demand for cars with small engines.

Detroit-based GM may increase sales to 155,000 units this year from 105,000 units last year, said Dale Sullivan, the Chevrolet brand director at GM China Group. The maker of Aveo and Sail compact cars also plans to introduce one more new Chevrolet model around November this year while doubling the number of its dealers to about 200.

"We will have at least a 50 per cent increase in 2006," Sullivan said on Tuesday. "It may be even better than that depending how the market is going."

This was from 2006; it's higher now. When GM just reported a profit last quarter, most of it came from Sales to China....

Last edited by a moderator:
if you cross a line . its a one way trip ... there is no going back. remember that!!!!!
ill be the guy with the kodak taking the pictures and posting them in ever truck stop from coast to coast

What was the difference between crossing a union picket line, and continuing to clammer about voting no vs voting yes when the union said vote yes????

The union's main job is to make sure everyone is working as best as they can or know how. In a Recession there's not going to be many choices. Plus, a company has to get top grade/upgrade equipment and computer systems in order to survive in a Global Market. There are many companies that are using the RFID techology. It helps the Supply Chain Managemnet on forecasting, and RFID provides a GPS on where all their supplies are located at any given time.

I believe in standing up and sticking together, but I also believe that it is the Jr. senoirity's job to supply the drinks at a hotel resturant when Off Duty on layover. That's when a lot of people were proud of their senoirity. For example, albag has more senoirity than me. I would absolutely hate to buy him a drink, because he is a Roadway driver. I would have to put the Roadway/Yellow anger aside, and respect his senority, and honor him with a drink.

Have to remember, if it wasn't for senoirity members, where would we all be today? Plus, where did all of this stupid crap of first in, first out come from? Seniority use to have protection, where they can take their breaks, and not be penalized by the others drivers that don't take their breaks. I believe that the company ID should have the driver's master senoirity number on it. Because, I and others have the right to know who's buying, when we all go to the hotel bar on layover.

The company's demise starts with people who don't care about others, and doesn't want to follow and honor the rules. So quit buying the dispatchers drinks. Support the senoirity members with the drinks. Their the ones' that do the same job, and looks out for everyone. The union jobs are deteriating only because others don't want to follow the rules, and honor their union Brothers and Sisters that do honor the system.

Not pay union dues? Oh, you will pay union dues. I believe everyone had a right to vote Yes or No, without discrimination of a union or company interferring with a person's choice on how to vote. Want to make things better? Restore the honor by following the work rules, and respecting the senior members by any means. Buy them a drink, greet them, report to the senior man about a possible run-around, or help them out with coupling or uncoupling the equipment at a dark terminal/rail/pad. Something down along those lines. It will only get better when everyone contributes, but it must start with the individual, first.

Lil Sis; do you really believe that if the Union had said 'Vote yes" that people would be recalled, everyone would be making $100,000 @ year, and everything would suddenly be paid for? The Economy is in the crapper. Yes, the Union has troubles, especially in the International Office. But your anger solves nothing. No one really had a choice. Debt Kills.....

Lil Sis; do you really believe that if the Union had said 'Vote yes" that people would be recalled, everyone would be making $100,000 @ year, and everything would suddenly be paid for? The Economy is in the crapper. Yes, the Union has troubles, especially in the International Office. But your anger solves nothing. No one really had a choice. Debt Kills.....
JimmyG you replied on the wrong screen name. Littlesister was the post before mine.

images
No question Hoffa is a liberal backing lefty and is the most controversial teamster union president ever as far as freight but who cares about his politics. Glen Beck never has a kind word for unions but I still like Glen Beck for his anti-left stand.

I give Hoffa credit for doing what needed to be done to keep YRC rolling ..that's what counts, not his politics. Job killing pols don't last long. I don't care what the wolf says.
th_imagesqtbnANd9GcTzoT9XqffXcjrZZU9GD.jpg
Only the lone wolfs out there know the value of the teamster union thru the good times and the bad times. I don't care what turbo says. What does he actually know? just a
th_imagesqtbnANd9GcR6Lt67liUEI2GKH2Vm9.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcS5YsGSTsgASP3ZnOphu.jpg

___hi___
Uh Joe....Any body but Hoffa ain't anti Union. and I have been saying that since WAY before any concessions for reasons WAY beyond YRC. :soapbox:

Yes multinationals do outsource a lot jobs to serve their foreign Markets. Why do you think Toyota and Honda have plants here in America? Almost all the Tundras and Tacoma's are made here in the States. We're their foreign market. So yes my argument does contain logic, you just don't want to except it. And I didn't say that was the biggest reason jobs are outsourced. I said it was a big reason, not biggest. My point was there are so many reasons, and wages is acutely a minor reason.

I don't see the unions calling for the Bush Tax cuts to be extended. Like you, they use phrases like Obscene profits. Now would why the unions use a myriad of lobbyist? They are the lobbyist.

Baloney uh? Well when Tax rates were at 90%, The rich were keeping their money off shore and using many many tax shelters, but sure as hell weren't investing as much as they could have in America. And its a fact that when Tax rates are cut, tax revenues goes up. JFK, Reagan, Clinton(HE ACTUALLY DROPPED CAPITAL GAINS TO 20% WHICH HELPED BALANCE THE BUDGET), and W Bush all cut taxes and revenue went up. Deficits grew because over spending by our government, be it GOP or Democrat. Its like you or I getting a $10,000 a year raise, but decide to spend $15,000 more. And the Clinton surplus was based off of spending cuts to 1930 levels believe it not. And there was never surplus anyhow, it was projected surplus that NEVER happened.
Even Obama admitted his tax cuts were more about fairness then actually whats good for the economy.
But JKF understood what spur an economy.

And as far as over the top Regs. I'm not talking about have NO regulations. But the ridiculous red tape business have to go thru just to operate in the country. And it wasn't deregulation that brought us to the brink. It was government manipulation of the housing market thru Fannie and Freddie. We banks and Wall Street believing they had no risk, because they didn't. They were basically playing with tax payer money. They believed whatever they lost in sub-prime loans, the government would back those loans with Fannie and Freddie. And Fannie and Freddie did. But Fannie and Freddie could only back up these loans by buying them and selling them in the form of Bonds and securities on the world market.
So when sub-primes mortgage holders stop paying the house payments, these securities became worthless, investor's stopped buying them, which left F and F with no money to back these loans to the Banks/Wall Street, which caused the banks to stop loaning money, to nearly everyone.
So if government would have never got involved in the housing market, we wouldn't be facing these issues today. It was political greed and that caused the corporate greed. And now we're all paying for it.
Pure and simple, Wall Street wouldn't have taken the chances they did if they didn't believe government would back up their losses.

This wasn't capitalism greed run a muck. It was government manipulation. And no Greed isn't what Capitalism is all about. Capitalism is about financial freedom. The freedom to succeed and to fail. Government took the fail part out of the equation.

And I don't believe in the term obscene profits, cause obscene profits mean there is a limit to how much a person or company should make? Last I checked, this is America. And I'm not about ready to let our government place limits on our possibilities.

Toyota and Honda have plants here to make cars for us....not to be taken back to Japan to be sold. The factories that have relocated to other countries, China, for example, have done so for the implicit reason to have them make the product at a reduced costs so it can be sent to the US. for sale.....not to serve the foreign market there....Can you find much of anything that isn't made in China? What are the odds that with all the US Companies that are in China, that you find many American made products there? Labor costs are the Main reason....They are more concerned about profit than concerning themselves about the needs of the locals......

Of course you don't see the Unions calling for the continuation of the Bush tax cuts on the ....2% percent of the wealthiest....why would they.....The economists estimate that would add nearly a trillion dollars over a 10 year period, to the deficit...The Union does support the Bush Tax cuts for the rest of us...and that most likely includes you to......

When the tax rates are above 50%, and not just in the US but other developed countries as well, Business typically return more of there money (profits) back into the Company..that was the only way they could avoid paying more than what they would if they just keep that profit in the bank or invested it in markets....effectively gambling it... When tax rates are under 50 percent...or in our case, under 30% the Business have more "free" money that instead of plowing it back into the Business...they have more to invest and make even more...and not return it to the business...and that lowers hiring and expansion of Big Business.....How can we reduce the deficit by lowering income? (taxes) That would be like you or I being in debt...thinking that the best course of action to get out of debt would be to spend more and take in less income....

The Bush Tax cuts have been in place for 10 years...if that's the answer...then where are all the job's?

There has always been red tape to operate a business in this country....There is even more red tape to operate a business in a foreign land.

It was not "Government manipulation" ....Fannie and Freddie purchased loans made by Banks....yes in a sense guaranteeing them..Yes the banks belived that they had no risk....so they began making careless loans that otherwise they would not have made....and when the whole scheme came crashing down...they had to stop that and yes that meant stop loaning money.....actually have gone to far the other way now...but the Banks were not the innocent bystander's in all of this they played their part in the meltdown to....

Corporate greed created political greed because they are the ones who had the money to "purchase"the politicians with....

Financial freedom??? How many working people in America have that?

Money buys power....when you concentrate most of the money in the hands of the few... your giving them most of the power....and they are not....and do not use their power or wealth to benefit anyone besides the powerful and the wealthy.... notice that in real life????? or do you really believe that just because you support them with your votes.. that you to will become like them, wealthy and powerful? capitalism doesn't work that way...

George Carlin said it best...."They call it the American Dream because you have to be sleeping to believe it" (paraphrasing)

When Corporations and individuals that have more money than they could ever use themselves and still continue to take take take....from the other 98% of working class people to the point that its almost impossible to feed ones family anymore...or even worse....now that's is what I call obscene.. Why do you advocate for the rich? they certainly don't have your best interests at heart...why do you worry about their profit??????

Toyota and Honda have plants here to make cars for us....not to be taken back to Japan to be sold.

Uh, thats exactly what I said.
Yes multinationals do outsource a lot jobs to serve their foreign Markets. Why do you think Toyota and Honda have plants here in America? Almost all the Tundras and Tacoma's are made here in the States. We're their foreign market.

Yo under the assumption, that China, India, Ireland as well as every single other Nation doesn't consume. So thank you for backing up what I said. Corporations do serve foreign markets.

The factories that have relocated to other countries, China, for example, have done so for the implicit reason to have them make the product at a reduced costs so it can be sent to the US. for sale.....not to serve the foreign market there....Can you find much of anything that isn't made in China? What are the odds that with all the US Companies that are in China, that you find many American made products there? Labor costs are the Main reason....They are more concerned about profit than concerning themselves about the needs of the locals.....
Well, yes I can find products still made in the USA, granted you have to look hard. No argument that there is a trade deficit with China. But how is raising taxes on corporations going to bring the jobs back? Sorry Facts are facts, labor cost is A reason for outsourced jobs, not THE MAIN reason. Taxes are a cost of doing business. And the US has the second highest corporate tax rate in the world. And again you want to raise it. And raising those taxes will not bring jobs back.
But I will agree on your last sentence there. Corporations only care about profit. That's why they exist. Its not there job to care about needs of the locals. You want that, go to a church. and if these evil greedy corporations didn't care about profit, you and I wouldn't have job.

Of course you don't see the Unions calling for the continuation of the Bush tax cuts on the ....2% percent of the wealthiest....why would they.....The economists estimate that would add nearly a trillion dollars over a 10 year period, to the deficit...The Union does support the Bush Tax cuts for the rest of us...and that most likely includes you to......
The same economist that say nothing about cutting government spending. I can also find economist that say the tax cuts will help ONLY IF we cut federal government spending. Of course cutting taxes won't help, if the boys in DC keep spending more than we take in.

How can we reduce the deficit by lowering income? (taxes) That would be like you or I being in debt...thinking that the best course of action to get out of debt would be to spend more and take in less income....

Agian cutting taxes has proven to raise tax revenue. So if cut Federal Spending, bring in more revenue. Thats how pay down the debt, cause then he have zero deficits.

The Bush Tax cuts have been in place for 10 years...if that's the answer...then where are all the job's?

Well, we at full employment for most of Bush's presidency. You forget about the 4.5% unemployment rate around 03 to 06? Funny the unemployment started going higher in 06. And what happened in 06? Oh thats right, The Democrats took control of the House and Senate. And who controls the spending in DC? The House and Senate. And yes the president as to sign off on all budgets. And thats where Bush messed. He adopted to your way of thinking. While he didn't raise axes, he did sign off on most the bills put forth to him from the Dems. Again spending more than we take in.

There has always been red tape to operate a business in this country....There is even more red tape to operate a business in a foreign land.

Not in China, India, and other nations kicking our asses

It was not "Government manipulation" ....Fannie and Freddie purchased loans made by Banks....yes in a sense guaranteeing them..Yes the banks belived that they had no risk....so they began making careless loans that otherwise they would not have made....and when the whole scheme came crashing down...they had to stop that and yes that meant stop loaning money.....actually have gone to far the other way now...but the Banks were not the innocent bystander's in all of this they played their part in the meltdown to....

And what is Fannie and Freddi funded by? Yup the US Federal government, or other words you and me and every other working stiff. My friend that's Government Manipulation. And I never said the banks were innocent bystanders. But when Banks are playing with other peoples money, of course there going to be stupid and yes greedy. Just like the fools that bought house. Making $50,000 a year, buying a $400,000 on an interest only loan, or adjustable interest loans, with Zero down payment deals. Greed and stupidity was ramped from the Federal Government to Wall Street, to Main street. All share a blame. But it all started with our wonderful government.

Corporate greed created political greed because they are the ones who had the money to "purchase"the politicians with....
Just like the unions did.

Financial freedom??? How many working people in America have that?

More than you think.

Money buys power....when you concentrate most of the money in the hands of the few... your giving them most of the power....and they are not....and do not use their power or wealth to benefit anyone besides the powerful and the wealthy.... notice that in real life????? or do you really believe that just because you support them with your votes.. that you to will become like them, wealthy and powerful? capitalism doesn't work that way..

George Carlin said it best...."They call it the American Dream because you have to be sleeping to believe it" (paraphrasing)
Capitalism is about freedom. The chance to become Wealthy. but capitalism has a way of weeding out the losers, weak and even over greedy types. Competition keeps the ground level. Your libs always seem to forget about competition. And with all do respect, Carlin was a fuuny guy, I lved his stuff too. But we was hippy comedian. Not an anybody I would qoute on whats best for this country.

When Corporations and individuals that have more money than they could ever use themselves and still continue to take take take....from the other 98% of working class people to the point that its almost impossible to feed ones family anymore...or even worse....now that's is what I call obscene.. Why do you advocate for the rich? they certainly don't have your best interests at heart...why do you worry about their profit??????

Again,without profit, there is no jobs for you and I. And I don't advocate for the rich. If that were the case, I would saying to extend the Bush tax cuts for the top 2% but not the other 98%. I advocate for financial freedom. Cause financial freedom is what keeps you and I free from a tyrant government.

As for 'advocating for the rich'; everything's relative. I want everyone to pay the same or everyone to pay nothing once you start allowing someone else to be gouged, eventuallY they come for you. Class warfare is noting but Petty Jealousy. 'Thou shalt not covet'. Next to you and I, others think WE are rich. McDonald's can't charge more for a McD's because of your income; neither should Government.

Now, as to taxes 'cost'... No- they do not. When YRC cut your wage, did you run a deficit? Only on a Base Line Budget, not in actuality. Only Washington (since Carter) did we use BaseLine, and expect revenue to grow each year. End Baseline. Start With Real Budgeting where you account for each dollar- then tax everyone equally.

Uh, thats exactly what I said.

Yo under the assumption, that China, India, Ireland as well as every single other Nation doesn't consume. So thank you for backing up what I said. Corporations do serve foreign markets.

Well, yes I can find products still made in the USA, granted you have to look hard. No argument that there is a trade deficit with China. But how is raising taxes on corporations going to bring the jobs back? Sorry Facts are facts, labor cost is A reason for outsourced jobs, not THE MAIN reason. Taxes are a cost of doing business. And the US has the second highest corporate tax rate in the world. And again you want to raise it. And raising those taxes will not bring jobs back.
But I will agree on your last sentence there. Corporations only care about profit. That's why they exist. Its not there job to care about needs of the locals. You want that, go to a church. and if these evil greedy corporations didn't care about profit, you and I wouldn't have job.

The same economist that say nothing about cutting government spending. I can also find economist that say the tax cuts will help ONLY IF we cut federal government spending. Of course cutting taxes won't help, if the boys in DC keep spending more than we take in.

Agian cutting taxes has proven to raise tax revenue. So if cut Federal Spending, bring in more revenue. Thats how pay down the debt, cause then he have zero deficits.

Well, we at full employment for most of Bush's presidency. You forget about the 4.5% unemployment rate around 03 to 06? Funny the unemployment started going higher in 06. And what happened in 06? Oh thats right, The Democrats took control of the House and Senate. And who controls the spending in DC? The House and Senate. And yes the president as to sign off on all budgets. And thats where Bush messed. He adopted to your way of thinking. While he didn't raise axes, he did sign off on most the bills put forth to him from the Dems. Again spending more than we take in.

Not in China, India, and other nations kicking our asses

And what is Fannie and Freddi funded by? Yup the US Federal government, or other words you and me and every other working stiff. My friend that's Government Manipulation. And I never said the banks were innocent bystanders. But when Banks are playing with other peoples money, of course there going to be stupid and yes greedy. Just like the fools that bought house. Making $50,000 a year, buying a $400,000 on an interest only loan, or adjustable interest loans, with Zero down payment deals. Greed and stupidity was ramped from the Federal Government to Wall Street, to Main street. All share a blame. But it all started with our wonderful government.

Just like the unions did.

More than you think.

Money buys power....when you concentrate most of the money in the hands of the few... your giving them most of the power....and they are not....and do not use their power or wealth to benefit anyone besides the powerful and the wealthy.... notice that in real life????? or do you really believe that just because you support them with your votes.. that you to will become like them, wealthy and powerful? capitalism doesn't work that way..

Capitalism is about freedom. The chance to become Wealthy. but capitalism has a way of weeding out the losers, weak and even over greedy types. Competition keeps the ground level. Your libs always seem to forget about competition. And with all do respect, Carlin was a fuuny guy, I lved his stuff too. But we was hippy comedian. Not an anybody I would qoute on whats best for this country.

Again,without profit, there is no jobs for you and I. And I don't advocate for the rich. If that were the case, I would saying to extend the Bush tax cuts for the top 2% but not the other 98%. I advocate for financial freedom. Cause financial freedom is what keeps you and I free from a tyrant government.

I guess you can make the case for Toyota.....I would tend to agree that they are building here to serve our market primarily...
Our Car manufacturers are moving plants to Mexico for example...not for serving their market as much as it's for their cheap labor.....A Company does not have to close factories here to just serve the foreign market....If that were true, wouldn't all the Foreign Companies have many manufacturing plants here to make all the T.V's and cameras, phones ect ect ect... to serve their "foreign" market ? I guess you can make a case about Toyota....But how do you explain the fact that we do not make many of things we use here anymore? Taxes are not the main reason....just an excuse.....

I didn't say that We are the ONLY consumers in the world..The point I was making was that we are the largest and (until recently) most affluent nation of consumers....Yes all those in China & India and everywhere you can name do consume...but to a far less degree than here...Our society is a society of excess more than most other counties and that's the core base of consumers that manufacturers are targeting and at the lowest cost possible......to maximize profits....How many Nike Shoes do the workers over seas buy with their dollar a day salary? ...But yes Multi nationals serve foreign markets....never said they didn't...just disagree as to what extent and the main motive for moving jobs offshore....

You say taxes are a cost of doing business....Yes very true.....Corporate tax rates are lower now than at any other time....and Companies are still taking jobs out.....Out sourcing of jobs was not as pervasive as it is now..even when the top rates were well above 50%.....We have a deficit problem here that needs to be addressed....and lowering revenue's to not only maintain, but pay down debt wont work.... Warren Buffet.. ,a very rich person, even recognizes the need for more revenue...not less...I.E. Higher taxes....especially on those who can afford it....people like him!....We need to be more concerned about whats best for the Country as a whole, rather than whats best for the Rich.

I agree that spending must also be controlled along with a tax increase...Even Ronald Regan raised taxes.....and I think more than once to...George Bush Sr also saw the need for tax increases....

Spending cuts, Sure...Start with ending the perpetual war machine.... We would not be in this condition were it not for those wars of choice.........

When a President takes office..he inherits the problems or benefits of the previous administration.. Sometime policy takes time to take effect and for those effects,good or otherwise, to become manifest....not over night as you seem to imply....The last years of Bush's term oversaw the worst job loss we have seen since the 30's......millions of jobs lost....hundreds of thousands a month...The Democrats do not control anything in Washington....They only enable the republicans.....they tend to capitulate rather than negotiate...Spending more than what we take in is not just a Democratic issue...Republicans overspend just as much....Bush Tripled the national debt from what it was under Clinton....

Fannie and Freddie used by the Government to facilitate the economic collapse??....not manipulation as much as lack of proper oversight,...incompetence if you will,..I agree with you that the loans such as you describe were reckless and irresponsible...on the part of the borrowers that signed on and the lenders who encouraged them to do it as to make money...commission for the originator....profit for the lender....till it went bad that is... We basically agree on this point.....Enough Blame for all....

Capitalism weeds out the weak and the losers?? It "weeds" out the jobs of average Americans..."weeds out" the higher paying Union jobs..or higher paying jobs in general.. It "weeds out" competition....through mega mergers and corporate takeovers....You may see many "brands" on the store shelf's...but there are few companies that actually compete..the rest are all wholly owned susideries of each other..I.E buyouts and mergers, but still keeping the "brand name" so as to give the illusion of choice...

You seem to think that profits are the end of of everything?? well they are necessary to be sure and that's not a bad thing..you correctly point out that without profits we would not have a job....On the other hand...there would be More jobs.....given the fact that thru excessive thirst for more profit...companies lower wages and cut benefits to employees... and lay off workers...So its a two edges sword... Who was it that said "those who live by the sword Shall also die by the sword"? reasonable profits....equals more employment...Excessive greed tend to cut job's...IT is possible to have to much of a good thing....

One final point...Yes Carlin was a great comedian....I was only quoting him on his observation about "The American Dream" Not quoting him on what he thought was best for the country....But your point on that is well taken..

We have fundamental differences in our views and what we believe to be solutions but we also find some common ground and that's whats so great about our freedom to express ourselves in a civil manner...and in that vein I appreciate your time reading and responding to my posts...(somewhat long winded to..sorry) I also appreciate your insights and your articulations...

we all need to put that aside and just work. if all people do is point fingers we all be on the street. i have 21 plus years and just do my job.

we all need to put that aside and just work. if all people do is point fingers we all be on the street. i have 21 plus years and just do my job.
Keep doing your job, that's commendable. And pray those running the show get a clue, otherwise you'll end up waiting your time, at least it won't be your fault.

My concern here doesn't lie so much with the fiscal shape of Corporate America and John/Jane Q. Citizen as it does with the sovereignty of this country. I understand world economics as they are today, but my concern is our ability to self sustain in the event of world conflict i.e. world war...

Take a good look at what is happening now in Asia, the players, the instigators. And of course the situation in the Middle East and the highly mobile Jihaddists that are now worldwide...

What I'm getting at is this. When Japan attacked us in 1941, our military was in no way equipped and prepared for war. But fortunately for us, we had an industrial and manufacturing base that was second to none in this world. If it had not been for the manufacturing capabilities already in place and our ability to turn from consumer production to producing for our military, we could well be saluting the rising sun today...

What are we to do as a nation now in the event that world conflict escalates? Do you really think that our adversaries are going to continue trading with and supplying us?

...I doubt it.

I understand world economics as they are today, but my concern is our ability to self sustain in the event of world conflict i.e. world war...
Take a good look at what is happening now in Asia, the players, the instigators. And of course the situation in the Middle East and the highly mobile Jihaddists that are now worldwide...

What are we to do as a nation now in the event that world conflict escalates? Do you really think that our adversaries are going to continue trading with and supplying us?

...I doubt it.

The US is still the largest manufacturer in the world. China will stop N Korea from doing anything really stupid so as not to disturb business with the US.
South Korea will become another large trading partner. Same with the
attachment.gif
Saudi's. They would prefer trade over war. Russia wants in cuz none of them can depend on oil alone for prosperity. Iran will probably collapse from the sanctions

Jimmy Carter..Father of the Iranian Revolution.
images

The 444 Day Iranian Hostage Crisis Helped End the Carter Presidency​