Yellow | something to think about.

I do know that out west they are looking at some changes in the future because the freight retirees now out number the working people . We where told that a couple of months ago at our retiree breakfast .

If you are central states, you need to read up on the finances. There currently are more retirees than current members, there also are currently more non-members waiting to collect than current members.

I do know that out west they are looking at some changes in the future because the freight retirees now out number the working people . We where told that a couple of months ago at our retiree breakfast .
I'm in Central States. I retired at age 57. I am now 63. Insurance cost me $756 a month for me and my wife. It was $50 when I first retired. I expect it to go up this coming Feb. It always does.

You are dillusional if you think Teamsters stick together

I am a teamster of 17 years and am shocked at the mentalality of some of the members. however after lots of thought I have come to realize that the drivers with the most years in have no choice but to go around with blinders on.

Otherwise they would have to face the reality of the situation they are in. and they don't want to do that. this co is not the co it was 20 years ago and neither is the union. I used to be pround of being a union member, but over the last few years you would have to be blind to now see what is going on. we voted in hoffa because he said he could get us a good contract. he said he could get us more money contributed into the pention fund. He said he could create more jobs and preserve the ones we had. Now lets see.

We have more money going into the union but the benifits coming out were reduced. The panel that is over seeing the pention fund is appointed and has no accountability to its members and they tell you how much of what you have you can have and set the stipulation so high that you will be very limited if you get it at all.

Membership in the unions have deteriated not improved . we have less members now then ever . jobs were sopose to be saved but in the last 3 years with the merger and all the concessions we have lost jobs. 10,000 this year alone. and with this change of opperations comming more jobs will be lost again. work rules have been changed . grievences lost. harrassment from co allowed. working conditions and moral lowered. but at least we have a vote , right? or did we. we were told that the co need this. we vote yes or we don't have a job. I don't call that a vote. equipment conditions and maintanance is getting bairly passable. our wadges are getting less and we are the first co to ever take a concession on pention. and anyone who thinks we will ever see it returned is delutional. when have we ever had things taken away that we have ever gotton back.

This last concession was a joke and unnessasary at this point. they are etting nothing more now then they were already getting. 15 percent. as a matter a fact this cost them money because they will be paying raises every year and suposably will pay into pention in june. the only thing that happened here is that they did force abf who are part of our teamster brothers to the join us at the bottom of the heap which means in the long run more jobs will be lost because abf will not be able to continue proffitablely trying to compeate at a higher level. where is the union? pitting one against the other. is that what the union has come to.

The union is selling us out . reason being they don't want to have to pay out union benifits. they are now on the board which makes them not in a position to help us, but is a conflict of intrest. How can They have a financial stake in co and negotiate in our best intrest at the same time. The union has a position on the board and the union has financial gain with stock options. that does not mean that the members will benifit. They have billions of dollars to fund Obomas democratic canidates but yet tell us our pention funds are broke. where do you think they are getting all their money. again with no accountability to the monies wearabouts. oboma saw to that as soon as he go elected. no audits or inquirieries into the pention funds like Bush had ordered.

With all the co has done so far to save this co. and all we had given , and the banks and investors were forced to do, it still isn't enough. and the debt load is still high. If you had know about the change of operations would you still have voted the same way. do you really think the union didn't know about this? like they really didn't know that a few months after the contract that this merger was going to happen?. That would mean they are either stupid , incompitant , or crooks and in bed with the co.. which one do you think? but what ever they are no longer looking out for you. It is time we start acting like teamsters and sticking together.we need to take back our union.and we can. make the union officials accountable to the rank and file.Stop paying union dues. hit them in the pockets like they have us. get their attention.

They will lie to you and tell you, you can not withdraw from union. because of clause in contract. but it is a lie. you do not have to join or remain a member of any organisation by law. we can either file a petion with the national labor relation for a vote to deauthorize and make it a open shop. all we need is 30 percent of the members to call for a vote . and vote for it.

They would still have to represent us, and all benifits negotiated would stay the same. the only thing that would change is, dues would be volintary and they would have to work for the money they get from us.maybe then the jobs they save will be there own. we are at a cross roads . we can let them continue to take what we have all worked hard for and fund our own demise or we can stand up and stand stong and together not divided. and take this union back.

Write a book lilsister ... I know it would sell cause you had me from first para to last para.

I agree with everything you said except one thing ...

Teamsters stick together. They used to ... not anymore ... you 'lilsister' are 'dilusional' if you think Teamsters give a rats ass and a stuffed stocking on Christmas!

Teamsters are all GRINCHES and think only for themselves!

You got 17 years in the Teamsters? 10 years ago that would have meant something, dear sis.

You punk OBAMA.

Where is your Criticism for the bastards who put us in this hole?

BUSH for the economy he left his successor and Zollars for digging 'his' company into the grave?

You think I'm bullshitting when I say Bush left his successor with ::shit::?

Why do you think the republicans put McCain in there? The repubs did not want to be the successors of BUSH's bull ::shit::!

Get a grip on politics and Teamsters!!!

For having 17 years ... you got sooo much to learn about how things work.

Merry Christmas,
wild deuce