TForce | SUBHAULERS moving OR. loads

Covvgirl

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey Guys ,,Please disreguard that reply I posted too...Ohhh DUH!! I'm new to the board.. I'm retired from driving but my hubby is still driving and has only been with UPS.. AKA MotorCargo, Medford,Or. for almost a yr. He lives in Or. I'm in Cal. do to the fact we have been trying to sell our house for almost that entire yr he has been in Or. UPS took over up there and he has been cut down to as little as 1 load aweek.. being told there are no loads but yet I myself as well as other UPSFrt. hauler from Or. and Ca. are seeing SubHaulers.. Also Dave has spoke with other UPSfrt drivewr that are being flown to Or. and running for weeks at time. I question is, is this happening any where else.? Thanks for any replies.

I tell you what. I've seen more O/O than ever. Every day there's 4 or 5 just when I arrive in the yard. But they keep hiring guys and the poor guys keep sitting at home or working a couple of days.

Fontana has a bunch of them, one truck had three guys in it. I guess they will do 5,5,and5. Or maybe 10, 10, and 10. Somebody's going to have 20 hours off.

Tsunami in the forcast & we don`t have enough equipment to handle it all , so we loose customers again...It`s the only explaination I can come up with,,,They might be necessary for a while....

Long days said:
Tsunami in the forcast & we don`t have enough equipment to handle it all , so we loose customers again...It`s the only explaination I can come up with,,,They might be necessary for a while....
Not at all....Guys are sitting at home while this is happening.....Flatout B.S. and it is being done by Central.....They flat don't give a crap about using MC employees or terminals....This is a bit of steam with alot of truth behind it....And if you guys want to test it ask a controller next time you get arrived or dispatched what he thinks about MC employees I would be real interested to see what he says....SLC was told not use the Boise terminal for northwest trailers....So they send O/O to Portland and the Boise drivers follow em pulling empties. This is also happening out of Las Vegas, Denver, Cedar City Utah And Grand Junction Colorado. This the way to make money????? Or just get rid of MC drivers that will starve out eventually???? Thanks Central Line Control for your fine operations of line-haul!!!! Damn I'm pissed....Sorry just watching good things go way down hill.....

greezy trucker said:
Not at all....Guys are sitting at home while this is happening.....Flatout B.S. and it is being done by Central.....They flat don't give a crap about using MC employees or terminals....This is a bit of steam with alot of truth behind it....And if you guys want to test it ask a controller next time you get arrived or dispatched what he thinks about MC employees I would be real interested to see what he says....SLC was told not use the Boise terminal for northwest trailers....So they send O/O to Portland and the Boise drivers follow em pulling empties. This is also happening out of Las Vegas, Denver, Cedar City Utah And Grand Junction Colorado. This the way to make money????? Or just get rid of MC drivers that will starve out eventually???? Thanks Central Line Control for your fine operations of line-haul!!!! Damn I'm pissed....Sorry just watching good things go way down hill.....

Alot of mpty miles in the great noreast.

Accelerator said:
Alot of mpty miles in the great noreast.
We don't make money that way. In our area if we did not see any other truck pulling our trailers then that is just the way it goes but seeing other trucks doing our jobs is a slap in the face.

NO FREIGHT= NO WORK
FREIGHT BEING MOVED BY CONTRACTORS= SLAP IN THE FACE

greezy trucker said:
We don't make money that way. In our area if we did not see any other truck pulling our trailers then that is just the way it goes but seeing other trucks doing our jobs is a slap in the face.

NO FREIGHT= NO WORK
FREIGHT BEING MOVED BY CONTRACTORS= SLAP IN THE FACE
Are you Motor Cargo guys union? What is your TM saying? Can you go on P+D?

skull said:
Are you Motor Cargo guys union? What is your TM saying? Can you go on P+D?
Why in the world would any road driver want to go on P&D? As for the contract haulers pulling our box's. Lets see what happens on the I-70 corrider in a few months when the snow starts to fly and the freight takes 5 days to get from Vegas to Denver because the contractors sure are not going to throw chains on. They will sit and wait for the chain law to be lifted, or run 1000 miles out of route. In the meanwhile, the drivers that can do the job are sitting at home because Richmond keeps giving our jobs away to someone else.

I've heard from some people we've sent out west that M.C. just doesnt want to get on the team. They are all pissed "O"managment has gone over there and changed alot of runs and rules, but that is what UPS told them to do.Most all the drivers I've talked to say M.C. drivers act and carry out alot of additude toward all this change, about the only thing UPS has changed at Overnite is the uniform and the color of the equipment, the old additude and managment is still around, and it will be unless UPS steps in and starts kickin butt. time will tell.

NITETRAIN said:
I've heard from some people we've sent out west that M.C. just doesnt want to get on the team. They are all pissed "O"managment has gone over there and changed alot of runs and rules, but that is what UPS told them to do.Most all the drivers I've talked to say M.C. drivers act and carry out alot of additude toward all this change, about the only thing UPS has changed at Overnite is the uniform and the color of the equipment, the old additude and managment is still around, and it will be unless UPS steps in and starts kickin butt. time will tell.

It's not an attitude, it's dissapointment and anger. It's true that UPS has not changed OVNT operations but alot has changed for MC. Not all of the change is bad, but at first it was nothing but bad news as far as we see it.

Why don't you go to my public profile and read some of my past posts about what changes have really happened instead of hearing it second hand and taking it for truth. I'm not as angry/ disapointed as I was at first so ask me about it I'll give you the real story. I don't want to rehash it all over again out of consideration for others here, but I'll say that it is not as simple as you've heard.

Your right about UPS stepping in they are starting to show a little interest, slowly, but thier showing it nonetheless.

It would be nice if they show interest alot faster, before the "O" management runs us into the ground and the "Motor Cargo" name is stained forever.

According to “‘Mr. Big’ - Matt M.” on his most recent visit, (and I quote) “the east coast is carrying the west coast”. That tells me that the “people” in Virginia don't know jack@#$% about the west coast and how to move freight. He also stated that there is lots of "experimenting" with line runs in west. What a joke. Jippo's (contractors) are hauling more freight out of Salt Lake City than any MC/Overnite/UPSF employee.

My spouse has been sitting at home for weeks on end, calling in 2 to 4 times a night to the ignorant Boise Ops Manager to see if there is something going on and the guy is perpetually clueless. Can't find his way out of a shoebox. Yet, I know for a fact that the Jippo’s are moving and hauling freight. It’s BS! This is exactly why there needs to be a union. Crap like this wouldn’t be tolerated. Some employees have signed here in in Idaho, but there remain a few on the fence. Perhaps enough of this crap will push the remainder over the edge. We shall see.

I have never seen the likes of such a dysfunctional terminal. The lies, backstabbing and deceitfulness is appalling. It is the blind leading the blind here in Idaho.

pjmartin1998 said:
According to “‘Mr. Big’ - Matt M.” on his most recent visit, (and I quote) “the east coast is carrying the west coast”. That tells me that the “people” in Virginia don't know jack@#$% about the west coast and how to move freight. He also stated that there is lots of "experimenting" with line runs in west. What a joke. Jippo's (contractors) are hauling more freight out of Salt Lake City than any MC/Overnite/UPSF employee.

My spouse has been sitting at home for weeks on end, calling in 2 to 4 times a night to the ignorant Boise Ops Manager to see if there is something going on and the guy is perpetually clueless. Can't find his way out of a shoebox. Yet, I know for a fact that the Jippo’s are moving and hauling freight. It’s BS! This is exactly why there needs to be a union. Crap like this wouldn’t be tolerated. Some employees have signed here in in Idaho, but there remain a few on the fence. Perhaps enough of this crap will push the remainder over the edge. We shall see.

I have never seen the likes of such a dysfunctional terminal. The lies, backstabbing and deceitfulness is appalling. It is the blind leading the blind here in Idaho.
In my 23 yrs. working here It has never been this bad. It all started going down hill a few years back and I think alot of people thought that the UPS buy out would change for the better and our expectations have been crushed as the company seems to be getting worse. I still believe that the buy out is going to be a good thing in time. We are still running alot of the company with the same "O" managment and attitude. We can only hope that UPS will see the bad and step up the pace. Allthough we may not like the pace either.

pjmartin1998 said:

Tell me something new. Welcome to the big O.

pjmartin1998 said:

Its the same in Medford.. I went to Or. from Calif a few weeks ago to visit my husband and seen more Jippos moving more MC and O frt then MC and O I passed 3 Jippos and met 2 jippos and only seen 2 MC/O drivers from Fresno, there are 6 bid runs out of Fresno to Medford. Dave has been there for 10 months.. because DAN.. the Medford TM said he needed drivers and Dave would have a bid run within 30 days , hahaha.. that ain't happened..Plus they hired 2 new drivers out of the 4 that the O office out of VA. wanted. If some didn't know.. UPSF isn't run by UPSF Both MC and O are run by O.
Anyways Dave moved our 5th wheel up there parked in a RV park. pays 425.00 a month for that plus elec. and gas. And I'm here in Calif. with a big ol fat Mortage and I mean fat..We put the house on the market 10 months ago and it hasn't sold..I haven't worked for over 5 yrs because we were pretty set with his income, Making over 70K a yr Well haaha that hasn't happened here or even come close. The only time Dave gets a load is when he calls Todd H*** out of Va.

Sorry for telling you my life story