TForce | SUBHAULERS moving OR. loads

pjmartin1998 said:
According to “‘Mr. Big’ - Matt M.” on his most recent visit, (and I quote) “the east coast is carrying the west coast”. That tells me that the “people” in Virginia don't know jack@#$% about the west coast and how to move freight. He also stated that there is lots of "experimenting" with line runs in west. What a joke. Jippo's (contractors) are hauling more freight out of Salt Lake City than any MC/Overnite/UPSF employee.

My spouse has been sitting at home for weeks on end, calling in 2 to 4 times a night to the ignorant Boise Ops Manager to see if there is something going on and the guy is perpetually clueless. Can't find his way out of a shoebox. Yet, I know for a fact that the Jippo’s are moving and hauling freight. It’s BS! This is exactly why there needs to be a union. Crap like this wouldn’t be tolerated. Some employees have signed here in in Idaho, but there remain a few on the fence. Perhaps enough of this crap will push the remainder over the edge. We shall see.

I have never seen the likes of such a dysfunctional terminal. The lies, backstabbing and deceitfulness is appalling. It is the blind leading the blind here in Idaho.

Well son that's "O". And that be the truth.:horse: :beerchug: :bowdown:

Are these drivers on an extra board or do they have a bid run? Mine runs from Memphis - Salt Lake every week. Salt Lake has been pretty good about getting him back out right away. Has atually been getting home as scheduled.

Valerie said:
Are these drivers on an extra board or do they have a bid run? Mine runs from Memphis - Salt Lake every week. Salt Lake has been pretty good about getting him back out right away. Has atually been getting home as scheduled.

These are bid runs being cancelled and ran over the top of. And if they are not being ran around then they are pulling empties and when someone looks at those numbers, what are they going to think. Because most of them can't figure out a thing without a computer telling them. And the last time I checked a computer has no common sense.....

Apparently their road supervisor is not watching out for his drivers. I know that Central can be frustrating for many.

pjmartin1998 said:
According to “‘Mr. Big’ - Matt M.” on his most recent visit, (and I quote) “the east coast is carrying the west coast”. That tells me that the “people” in Virginia don't know jack@#$% about the west coast and how to move freight. He also stated that there is lots of "experimenting" with line runs in west. What a joke. Jippo's (contractors) are hauling more freight out of Salt Lake City than any MC/Overnite/UPSF employee.

My spouse has been sitting at home for weeks on end, calling in 2 to 4 times a night to the ignorant Boise Ops Manager to see if there is something going on and the guy is perpetually clueless. Can't find his way out of a shoebox. Yet, I know for a fact that the Jippo’s are moving and hauling freight. It’s BS! This is exactly why there needs to be a union. Crap like this wouldn’t be tolerated. Some employees have signed here in in Idaho, but there remain a few on the fence. Perhaps enough of this crap will push the remainder over the edge. We shall see.

I have never seen the likes of such a dysfunctional terminal. The lies, backstabbing and deceitfulness is appalling. It is the blind leading the blind here in Idaho.

I'm suprised to hear Matt said this, being he was VP of Operations here. He must have really sold out. I guess in their world if they are paying you enough say what ever they tell you, regardless what you think.

I hope I get this all right..

Ok Lastnight which was (Monday) 9-11-06
Dave my betterhalf calls his TM. in Medford ''Dan is there any load for me" Dan answers "call central dispatch they might have something I haven't heard about" Dave calls central dispatch as he is told to by his TM.. the phone rings at central dispatch RING!!! RING!!! (old OVERNIGHT dispatcher
answers) Dave "this is Dave driver number **** out of Medford do you have anything for me" dispatch replies "lets get things straight here, you don't call here, your TM does" Dave says "TM told me to call"
Central say "I don't care who told you to call your TM is the only 1 we want to hear from" Dave hangs up calls his TM tells him the story, OK still no load now he hasn't run for 6 days Oh did I mention Dave is an old MC driver. and dispatch at central are O dispatchers. Ok this all happened at 4:00pm. now at 11:00 pm CENTRAL calls and wants him to run a load. Now here's a guy that has been up ALL day and has to call in every 2 hrs to see if there is anything because TMs lastwords are "call back in 2 hrs. I don't know about any of the rest of you guys but how can you get good rest to be able to run all night, if you have to get up or know you have to call back every 2 hrs. So he couldn't take the load knowing he would fall asleep, There's more So today TM calls him at 9:00 am tells him they have a load for 2:00 pm. cool Dave thinks... WRONG!!! TM calls back at 12:00 says Sacramento hasn't cut the trailers lose we'll call back So at 6:00 pm they call back and tell him HE has to run to south to Redding Ca, thats 3.5 hrs south then 7.0 hrs north to Eugene. So at 10:15 pm he calls from Redding to tell me he just left. now it will be 5:00am when he gets to Eugene. But don't fall asleep. I wonder how many of the old O drivers sit for 6 days

Covvgirl said:
I hope I get this all right..

Ok Lastnight which was (Monday) 9-11-06
Dave my betterhalf calls his TM. in Medford ''Dan is there any load for me" Dan answers "call central dispatch they might have something I haven't heard about" Dave calls central dispatch as he is told to by his TM.. the phone rings at central dispatch RING!!! RING!!! (old OVERNIGHT dispatcher
answers) Dave "this is Dave driver number **** out of Medford do you have anything for me" dispatch replies "lets get things straight here, you don't call here, your TM does" Dave says "TM told me to call"
Central say "I don't care who told you to call your TM is the only 1 we want to hear from" Dave hangs up calls his TM tells him the story, OK still no load now he hasn't run for 6 days Oh did I mention Dave is an old MC driver. and dispatch at central are O dispatchers. Ok this all happened at 4:00pm. now at 11:00 pm CENTRAL calls and wants him to run a load. Now here's a guy that has been up ALL day and has to call in every 2 hrs to see if there is anything because TMs lastwords are "call back in 2 hrs. I don't know about any of the rest of you guys but how can you get good rest to be able to run all night, if you have to get up or know you have to call back every 2 hrs. So he couldn't take the load knowing he would fall asleep, There's more So today TM calls him at 9:00 am tells him they have a load for 2:00 pm. cool Dave thinks... WRONG!!! TM calls back at 12:00 says Sacramento hasn't cut the trailers lose we'll call back So at 6:00 pm they call back and tell him HE has to run to south to Redding Ca, thats 3.5 hrs south then 7.0 hrs north to Eugene. So at 10:15 pm he calls from Redding to tell me he just left. now it will be 5:00am when he gets to Eugene. But don't fall asleep. I wonder how many of the old O drivers sit for 6 days

Sounds like My dispatcher...LOL

steve5 said:
I'm suprised to hear Matt said this, being he was VP of Operations here. He must have really sold out. I guess in their world if they are paying you enough say what ever they tell you, regardless what you think.

I'm not surprised Steve. Overnite has never had it together out west. On the east coast is a different story.

They put Matt in charge and I haven't seen any improvement. It seems to me they have catered to MC as far as Fresno and Newark.

But it hasn't helped. If anything you now see more lessors running up and down I-5 because we are in such a mess.

I been having problems with central dispatch I never use to have. That poor fellow Dan not working probably because of the lessors.

If they ever hope to fix the west coast they {UPS} is going to have to come in and clean house. At least that's the way I see it.:USA:

Maybe when UPS learns how to run their heavy freight division,namely UPS Freight.

They'll start thining out the good old boys that have been managers of Overnite,with their ancient ways of doing buisness.

Think they'll start at the top,and work down?

It will definitely be interesting what our company will turn out to be after UPS takes over complete controll.

My only hope is that it doesn't turn out to be another experiment like the Union Pacifc Rail Road sell out,oh I mean buy out.

Valerie said:
They really have some smart ones at Central some times!
I think Central could care less how the operation should be ran. It seems they just do what ever at the moment to be done with it. Weather it makes sence or not.

BusterNite said:
I think Central could care less how the operation should be ran. It seems they just do what ever at the moment to be done with it. Weather it makes sence or not.
At this point with the boom they are trying to service freight not worry about a company employee or bid driver

I just got off the phone with the TM in Medford..He tells me UPSF has 2500 job openings in the 11 western. They would like to see filled tomarrow,,hahaha!! you know the ol saying,, wish in 1 hand and Shi* in the other, anyways,,He tells me they aren't cutting loose with any freight until they are sure they have enough drivers to handle it and then they will throw bread crumbs out every week or so until all 2500 drivers are in place, On any day from Fontana Ca. to Seattle Wa. he said there is a avg. of 15 subs pulling MC and O trailers. Sunday night is when it might start..As far as the UPS take over in central it might be in place early. Jan. "MIGHT" Now this is all what I heard.. nothing I'm making up or nothing that was over the CB or at the truck stop or the breakroom..

Covvgirl said:
I just got off the phone with the TM in Medford..He tells me UPSF has 2500 job openings in the 11 western. They would like to see filled tomarrow,,hahaha!! you know the ol saying,, wish in 1 hand and Shi* in the other, anyways,,He tells me they aren't cutting loose with any freight until they are sure they have enough drivers to handle it and then they will throw bread crumbs out every week or so until all 2500 drivers are in place, On any day from Fontana Ca. to Seattle Wa. he said there is a avg. of 15 subs pulling MC and O trailers. Sunday night is when it might start..As far as the UPS take over in central it might be in place early. Jan. "MIGHT" Now this is all what I heard.. nothing I'm making up or nothing that was over the CB or at the truck stop or the breakroom..
So did you get my PM..... You can't keep b!#$#in and not try to get the attention of people that really can change things. Terminal managers are just mouth peices for the company....Their hands are way tied....If you did not get the PM I will send it to you again. The phone number and e-mail address I have is for the manager of employee relations....He might not be able to fix it but if enough call him and e-mail him it will get noticed...

I was on UPS freight web site earlier tonight.
The only driving jobs showed was for the Special service truckload division,and Owner Operators in the Southeast.
I didn't see anyother driving jobs?
Unless I'm not looking at the website right?

They are also looking for terminal managers,and dock supervisors.
But I didn't see any linehaul,or P & D driving jobs?