FedEx Freight | Supervision morale

nasvegas

TB Veteran
Credits
Drivers have spoke with some supervisors. Morale is at a all time low. Ask to work miracles with substandard employees that they can't hold accountable for anything.
Dock worker's stand around for 10 to 20 minutes talking. If anything said they run to HR and claim harassment.

City driver's take whatever truck they want, and do substandard or unacceptable job in city. No accountability.

Road drivers come in late almost everyday, and miss gate. Claim miles they didn't need to take. Delay freight with extended breaks/naps. No accountability.

Hostlers only have to do 6 moves a hour. While they beg road drivers to hostle when they return from 10+ hour runs.

Is anyone else surprised this company is in the state it's in? Sure they are claiming record profits. Are they actually that good? Or are they throwing up fake numbers? Mainly achieved by delaying freight or coding it weather or breakdown when not necessary.

If profits were actually that good. Where is the new equipment? Why are trucks on high mileage runs with 700-800k miles? Why are trucks down for weeks or months?

Things just don't add up. Other carriers are not having the issues to the magnitude we are. If I'm wrong. Please correct me.

Maybe it's just Nashville....

You cannot get a Trucking Company to spend a dollar more than they must.

You cannot get a group of Human Workers who quit caring motivation to get going unless you pay them nicely. (And Feed them, motivate them etc)

Fish rots from Head back. SO if Management is the issue, eventually the Workers will carefully do what they must and let the rest go.

Drivers have spoke with some supervisors. Morale is at a all time low. Ask to work miracles with substandard employees that they can't hold accountable for anything.
Dock worker's stand around for 10 to 20 minutes talking. If anything said they run to HR and claim harassment.

City driver's take whatever truck they want, and do substandard or unacceptable job in city. No accountability.

Road drivers come in late almost everyday, and miss gate. Claim miles they didn't need to take. Delay freight with extended breaks/naps. No accountability.

Hostlers only have to do 6 moves a hour. While they beg road drivers to hostle when they return from 10+ hour runs.

Is anyone else surprised this company is in the state it's in? Sure they are claiming record profits. Are they actually that good? Or are they throwing up fake numbers? Mainly achieved by delaying freight or coding it weather or breakdown when not necessary.

If profits were actually that good. Where is the new equipment? Why are trucks on high mileage runs with 700-800k miles? Why are trucks down for weeks or months?

Things just don't add up. Other carriers are not having the issues to the magnitude we are. If I'm wrong. Please correct me.

My small EOL is the same.

We received delivery of 4 new tandem peterbilts last year. One already needs a new steering wheel because someone broke the buttons on it (used to control the cluster). It has 55k miles.

Road wasn't allowed to bid them, but we have trucks with 700-900k miles running 1200 mile slipseat runs. (The ones in the lower end of that range are only that way because they've been shop princesses due to multiple issues or being wrecked)

Recently they've taken more trucks that were 10+ years old to sell at auction without replacing them. We're down something like 6-7 trucks in total if I'm remembering correctly.

The profits went into the pocket of RAJ. he did get like an $8 million dollar raise last year, just sayin

That is what our center is like. Only I will add supervision gets butt hurt and calls hr on being offended on what’s said between drivers in break room . We have drivers late everyday same ones and local managers stick up for them being late . If I didn’t know any better they are tanking the ltl of Fedx . Its all about fudging numbers anymore

My small EOL is the same.

We received delivery of 4 new tandem peterbilts last year. One already needs a new steering wheel because someone broke the buttons on it (used to control the cluster). It has 55k miles.

Road wasn't allowed to bid them, but we have trucks with 700-900k miles running 1200 mile slipseat runs. (The ones in the lower end of that range are only that way because they've been shop princesses due to multiple issues or being wrecked)

Recently they've taken more trucks that were 10+ years old to sell at auction without replacing them. We're down something like 6-7 trucks in total if I'm remembering correctly.
Talked with a Fedx express driver he said to me it’s worse than that at their center when it comes to equipment they can’t even get their equipment fixed per Memphis something about vendors coming to their place and they can’t come because they haven’t been given a number to fix it

Talked with a Fedx express driver he said to me it’s worse than that at their center when it comes to equipment they can’t even get their equipment fixed per Memphis something about vendors coming to their place and they can’t come because they haven’t been given a number to fix it
We have a guy out in the bread truck that breaks more than he fixes, does that count.

And getting parts sent to us is like pulling teeth. Just saying that Cincinnati FMM is cheap as all hell and his boss is even worse down in Louisville.

We have a guy out in the bread truck that breaks more than he fixes, does that count.

And getting parts sent to us is like pulling teeth. Just saying that Cincinnati FMM is cheap as all hell and his boss is even worse down in Louisville.
Sad stuff there. Really like to know what the bean counters are up to with the cost cutting and letting equipment deteriorate beyond the point of no return. Local management at our center dislike one another and let us know daily it’s a fricking mess to say the least

Emails are powerful. If you want to remain anonymous, drop a bomb on the alert line and say "I witnessed....".
Does that work when I witness one of your drivers eating his lunch while driving at highway speed in a commercial vehicle? :idunno:

Emails are powerful. If you want to remain anonymous, drop a bomb on the alert line and say "I witnessed....".
Not a bad idea. However our management team are one of the best in shifting blame and the very best in lying . It would have to be a catastrophic disaster for them to be responsible for anything. They blame drivers for all that goes wrong at our center . They even gone as far as saying that in front of us . We need a clean sweep of management which will never happen but it’s the only solution 80 percent of drivers believe . Hr and district manager in same beliefs drivers bad supervisors superb

Sad stuff there. Really like to know what the bean counters are up to with the cost cutting and letting equipment deteriorate beyond the point of no return. Local management at our center dislike one another and let us know daily it’s a fricking mess to say the least
They are cutting costs at Freight to help prop up FedEx Express. Express is the largest OPCO in the portfolio, and only made a 1% profit last quarter. FedEx Corporation knows it will take some time to integrate the newly merged Express and Ground units into a more profitable enterprise, so they are in a panic. The situation really sucks for us at freight considering the record 20% plus profit margins that we are cranking out every quarter. Meanwhile we get 💩 raises and very little being spent on equipment. The powers that be better hope this doesn’t last long because we are already losing some of our best employees to other companies.

Another issue that will start to surface in the next 3-5yrs will be the mass attrition rate.
Look around at the number of 55-62yr old drivers Vs the number aged 25-29.
It's a MASSIVE imbalance favoring the older drivers. They'll be forced to hire drivers with less experience, and an overall lower quality employee.

Currently, a 48yr old driver is YOUNG, relatively,and within 3 yrs, that then 51yr old driver will be the old head.

Not a bad idea. However our management team are one of the best in shifting blame and the very best in lying . It would have to be a catastrophic disaster for them to be responsible for anything. They blame drivers for all that goes wrong at our center . They even gone as far as saying that in front of us . We need a clean sweep of management which will never happen but it’s the only solution 80 percent of drivers believe . Hr and district manager in same beliefs drivers bad supervisors superb

It starts with one. We had one supervisor that was horrible. He had so many alert line complaints, he decided to quit and go to XPO. They can lie if they want to, but a paper trail can lead to bigger issues on a larger scale. They're aware of that and don't want to deal with it.

Does that work when I witness one of your drivers eating his lunch while driving at highway speed in a commercial vehicle? :idunno:
It would be acceptable to management as long as driver has a big glass of purple koolaid
Happy Love You GIF by Simian Reflux