FedEx Freight | Supervision morale

Our new thing for management to say since they forced us on 10 hour bids, so the bottom guys can work even though most don't even do their job is "Nothing is guaranteed" regarding on getting 40 hours on those bids. Most of our part time dock workers are getting 40 hours though. It makes total sense to ::shit:: on your drivers to try and make your numbers look better.

Another issue that will start to surface in the next 3-5yrs will be the mass attrition rate.
Look around at the number of 55-62yr old drivers Vs the number aged 25-29.
It's a MASSIVE imbalance favoring the older drivers. They'll be forced to hire drivers with less experience, and an overall lower quality employee.

Currently, a 48yr old driver is YOUNG, relatively,and within 3 yrs, that then 51yr old driver will be the old head.
Lol. Look around the lower quality employees are everywhere already!

Curious to see what this meeting is about January 31st.

Like when a good customer has 35 HU’s who is 8 miles away from the center. I call in 2 hours before I get there since I’m in a 40’ trailer to inform the supervisor of the problem. I’m told to just get what I can. I told the guy if it was up to me I’d be back here in a hour with another trailer. When I was hired 8 years ago I thought FXF was the best. Not so much anyone. Especially since I’ve been on road and city. ***** F’d either way.

Drivers have spoke with some supervisors. Morale is at a all time low. Ask to work miracles with substandard employees that they can't hold accountable for anything.
Dock worker's stand around for 10 to 20 minutes talking. If anything said they run to HR and claim harassment.

City driver's take whatever truck they want, and do substandard or unacceptable job in city. No accountability.

Road drivers come in late almost everyday, and miss gate. Claim miles they didn't need to take. Delay freight with extended breaks/naps. No accountability.

Hostlers only have to do 6 moves a hour. While they beg road drivers to hostle when they return from 10+ hour runs.

Is anyone else surprised this company is in the state it's in? Sure they are claiming record profits. Are they actually that good? Or are they throwing up fake numbers? Mainly achieved by delaying freight or coding it weather or breakdown when not necessary.

If profits were actually that good. Where is the new equipment? Why are trucks on high mileage runs with 700-800k miles? Why are trucks down for weeks or months?

Things just don't add up. Other carriers are not having the issues to the magnitude we are. If I'm wrong. Please correct me.

Maybe it's just Nashville....
It’s other companies as well. Xpo is the same.

well , think about it------supervisors report to a FREIGHT terminal, wear a FREIGHT uniform but fall under COOPERATE when it comes to a bonus.....makes no sense. they are under paid to begin with and then get screwed on bonus and we drivers are getting max payout. I don't blame them for **** poor morale. just my 2 cents

well , think about it------supervisors report to a FREIGHT terminal, wear a FREIGHT uniform but fall under COOPERATE when it comes to a bonus.....makes no sense. they are under paid to begin with and then get screwed on bonus and we drivers are getting max payout. I don't blame them for **** poor morale. just my 2 cents
Makes perfect sense. Same reason city and road don't have meetings together anymore. Divide and conquer.

Guarantee 2014 never happens again. Have management resent drivers, because we get max bonus while they get a zero.

Drivers have spoke with some supervisors. Morale is at a all time low. Ask to work miracles with substandard employees that they can't hold accountable for anything.
Dock worker's stand around for 10 to 20 minutes talking. If anything said they run to HR and claim harassment.

City driver's take whatever truck they want, and do substandard or unacceptable job in city. No accountability.

Road drivers come in late almost everyday, and miss gate. Claim miles they didn't need to take. Delay freight with extended breaks/naps. No accountability.

Hostlers only have to do 6 moves a hour. While they beg road drivers to hostle when they return from 10+ hour runs.

Is anyone else surprised this company is in the state it's in? Sure they are claiming record profits. Are they actually that good? Or are they throwing up fake numbers? Mainly achieved by delaying freight or coding it weather or breakdown when not necessary.

If profits were actually that good. Where is the new equipment? Why are trucks on high mileage runs with 700-800k miles? Why are trucks down for weeks or months?

Things just don't add up. Other carriers are not having the issues to the magnitude we are. If I'm wrong. Please correct me.

Maybe it's just Nashville....
NOPE I COULD CALL OUT THE SAME THING THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR SOME TIME IN MY BARN.
I hope you read this dirt bag.....