TForce | talked to some more UPSF sleeper drivers today

CFer said:
grapeape, there seems to be a misconception on the part of non Teamster drivers that there is such a thing as a "Teamsters Pension Fund". There isin't.

There are many different funds covering different geographic regions. Each fund is administered by it's own board of directors and is operated seperatly from the other funds.

I think whoever you are getting your information from needs to do a little more homework before making claims like that.

I hope this helps.

CFer

Thanx CFER. Unfortunatly alot of people do not know how it work's. Most of the talk we see here ,and on the street ,say's and I quote "the teamster's pention as a whole" is in trouble. Instead of relating to the MEPF.

Most are afraid that this pention will go bankrupt and most at UPSF are led to believe the same by managment.

I have alway's said it's alway's best to do some investigative work, maybe you can give a description as to what the pention's is, and how it works.... Incase I miss something, start a new post for those of whom are ignorent to the process. Thanx

Accelerator said:
Of coarse not,, they are all afraid they are going to loose thier job's, they may not tell you this but it is in the back of thier mind's I am sure of it.

Give me a break they don't want that sorry union that's why. I much rather have the UPS nonunion pension then the teamsters that may or may not be there.:USA:

Skeeter said:
Give me a break they don't want that sorry union that's why. I much rather have the UPS nonunion pension then the teamsters that may or may not be there.:USA:

Well ,time will tell , and most I see show sighn's of nonsecurity in thier statement's which tell's me they are not informed, scared is more like it, then again there is some who is not, and can justify their decisions, which ever it goes is fine by me.

Accelerator said:
Well ,time will tell , and most I see show sighn's of nonsecurity in thier statement's which tell's me they are not informed, scared is more like it, then again there is some who is not, and can justify their decisions, which ever it goes is fine by me.
The way they are treating us at our terminal, I might have to quit if I don't see the union coming in in the near future. Nobody is going to make them change the way they are doing things.

Browne1 said:
The way they are treating us at our terminal, I might have to quit if I don't see the union coming in in the near future. Nobody is going to make them change the way they are doing things.
Don't quit!! We need to stick together. Have patience, the contract is being negotiated.

hugnlug said:
Don't quit!! We need to stick together. Have patience, the contract is being negotiated.
thanks for the encouragement. I've always been a fighter but this is getting ridiculous.

I talk to UPS parcel drivers that are coming from both sides of the fence,with the IBT.

Some say its great,can't wait till you drivers are organized.
Also they say the company is so hard to work for you'll wish you where in the union already.

Yet other parcel drivers think the Teamsters are very crooked,and they only want their dues money.

Those drivers tell me ,we are a lot better off being non-union,and we'd be crazy to vote them in.

So there you go,it all depends on who you talk to as well as what their experence has been being a Teamster.

Those drivers tell me ,we are a lot better off being non-union,and we'd be crazy to vote them in.
Those are the drivers that dont get involved.
They just get upset when due's come out of there pay ck while making $27.29 an hour
Next time ask them where there union hall is. Bet they dont even know how to get there

krash said:
Those are the drivers that dont get involved.
They just get upset when due's come out of there pay ck while making $27.29 an hour
Next time ask them where there union hall is. Bet they dont even know how to get there

You know something, I think that comment is funny, I have had the priviledge of running several city run's out of my terminal , scince the time of the buyout, and of coarse I also run into brownies from 4 different local's, and they all say the same thing and I quote

" allthough the union may not be the best thing scince the wheel,the teamster's are good for 2 thing's ,money and protection, they also say they would not work for UPS without a union".

Otherwise they think they union is more of a hassle than anything else.

I have heard this statement from several different driver's from 4 different local's.

Those statement's alone tell me quite a bit.

I also apologize Krash, I actually ment to quote APO.

you will pay your car insurance every month with out complaining but these whiners will not pay for job protection and better wages and benefits.....you will get what you ask for keep working for nothing and they will use some part timers to do your job...good bye driver...

webidiot said:
"but these whiners will not pay for job protection and better wages and benefits....."
Pay for protection? Now there is the union like we know. Just like out of a Saprano's episode. Pay for protection or we will send our goons to beat on you.

Accelerator said:
You know something, I think that comment is funny, I have had the priviledge of running several city run's out of my terminal , scince the time of the buyout, and of coarse I also run into brownies from 4 different local's, and they all say the same thing and I quote

" allthough the union may not be the best thing scince the wheel,the teamster's are good for 2 thing's ,money and protection, they also say they would not work for UPS without a union".

Otherwise they think they union is more of a hassle than anything else.

I have heard this statement from several different driver's from 4 different local's.

Those statement's alone tell me quite a bit.

I also apologize Krash, I actually ment to quote APO.
I have heard the same thing. UPS drivers around CLT wish the union could be better, but they say that you can't work at UPS without a union, and I believe it.

webidiot said:
you will pay your car insurance every month with out complaining but these whiners will not pay for job protection and better wages and benefits.....you will get what you ask for keep working for nothing and they will use some part timers to do your job...good bye driver...
I pay my car insurance every month and don't like it. Except for when I get in an accident or get something stolen.