TForce | TDU good or bad?

Some people say the TDU is anti IBT is this a good thing or bad thing?

Teamsters for a Democratic Union

You are a master at sh!t slinging aren't you? Fishing for sympathizers of the TDU? Trying to decipher who is old guard or not. Always driving that wedge. Why can't you relax and let this thing play out? Half of the posters weren't even aware of the TDU until you brought it up. We don't need division right now. We need unity. Two weeks into this and you are promoting anarchy. Shame. Shame on the mess. Teamster Elvis out.... Ps. Overnite, whether you are aware of it or not, business agents, across this country, are busting their a$$es trying to make this a smooth transition. Fielding phone calls day and night from angry, confused Upsf employees. I commend their efforts at addressing their new members concerns. Bartender I'd like to buy a round for all the Teamster officials from the Atlantic to the Pacific, who are fighting for all of our futures. That is what I would like to hear you say sometime Overnite. And when they have smoothed us out, let's get Fed Ex next. That's got a ring to it doesn't it? Fed Ex Freight in 08' !! I like it. See Ya.....

not quite, I have posted links in the past and almost every time, someone says Don't beleive what TDU has to say there anti-ibt or somthing like that.

I do not know of anything bad they have done, I don't see where they get there negativety from.

Just like this thread, you and steve5 direct it towards me for asking a question, but noone. But noone questions the people who talk badly about the TDU.

What wrongs have they done? If it wasn't for them none of us would not of had a copy of the contract so early.

What is a shame is you call me asking a question sh!t slinging, you resort to name calling, if you think this is so blantant sh!t slinging then it should be very easy for you to list all the negative things they do, rather then attack me.

I have posted alot of links to teamster.org also.

I apoligize Elvis I guess I can only post pro-IBT links on his forum or else you see it as trying to divide us.

Can you give an example of anything they have done to weaken a union?
Yes!!!!!!! TDU has had Tom Leedum run against Jimmy Hoffa in the last 2 General elections. He had no chance to win either election, knew he couldn't win and cost the IBT millions of dollars by getting just enough delegate votes to be able to run for the General President's job. Now generally, I would say more power to you but in this case it was B.S. and I will tell you why. First let me say that I am not a Jimmy Hoffa supporter, of course, that is unless Tom Leedum is the only person running against him. With that being said, there were great leaders willing to step up and run against Hoffa in the last election. The problem is that if Hoffa runs, someone else runs and Leedum is in there as well there is a chance for a 3 way split and Leedum could have snuck in with 34% of the vote and nobody wanted to see that. I do not think he is the right guy to run the Teamsters. Now, this 3rd party supposedly went to Leedum and said, "If you feel the leadership of the IBT is in such disaray then back out, I will run against Hoffa and make the changes necessary to do what needs to be done." Leedum said no way, the 3rd party backed out and here we go wasting our money again on a useless effort. So TDU and Leedum weren't about cleaning up the IBT as they claimed, it was about getting ahold of it and doing what they want with it and if they can't get ahold of it they are going to make you and I spend millions of dollars in the process.

The next item is the laying in the weeds and after something is done then chiming in and saying that it shouldn't have been done this way, you should have done it that way. That just drives me nuts and it happened after the Master Freight agreement was TA'd and it pissed me off to no end. If you want to be a leader get out and lead. Don't lay in the weeds and call somebody out after the fact.

Can you give an example of anything they have done to weaken a union?
It doesn't matter if he did or didn't, you would try to pick his reply apart to satisfy your agenda. Which is like Big E said, is to divide.

You know, going with the flow every now and then can be a good thing. You don't always have to be that guy that has to have the other side of of the argument.:chairshot:

not quite, I have posted links in the past and almost every time, someone says Don't beleive what TDU has to say there anti-ibt or somthing like that.

I do not know of anything bad they have done, I don't see where they get there negativety from.

Just like this thread, you and steve5 direct it towards me for asking a question, but noone. But noone questions the people who talk badly about the TDU.

What wrongs have they done? If it wasn't for them none of us would not of had a copy of the contract so early.

What is a shame is you call me asking a question sh!t slinging, you resort to name calling, if you think this is so blantant sh!t slinging then it should be very easy for you to list all the negative things they do, rather then attack me.

I have posted alot of links to teamster.org also.

I apoligize Elvis I guess I can only post pro-IBT links on his forum or else you see it as trying to divide us.

No offense O, but, I doesn't seem like you're ever tired of defending yourself. Tell me that my first post in this thread was wrong.

Or is this just to get your post count up?:hysterical:

Yes!!!!!!! TDU has had Tom Leedum run against Jimmy Hoffa in the last 2 General elections. He had no chance to win either election, knew he couldn't win and cost the IBT millions of dollars by getting just enough delegate votes to be able to run for the General President's job. Now generally, I would say more power to you but in this case it was B.S. and I will tell you why. First let me say that I am not a Jimmy Hoffa supporter, of course, that is unless Tom Leedum is the only person running against him. With that being said, there were great leaders willing to step up and run against Hoffa in the last election. The problem is that if Hoffa runs, someone else runs and Leedum is in there as well there is a chance for a 3 way split and Leedum could have snuck in with 34% of the vote and nobody wanted to see that. I do not think he is the right guy to run the Teamsters. Now, this 3rd party supposedly went to Leedum and said, "If you feel the leadership of the IBT is in such disaray then back out, I will run against Hoffa and make the changes necessary to do what needs to be done." Leedum said no way, the 3rd party backed out and here we go wasting our money again on a useless effort. So TDU and Leedum weren't about cleaning up the IBT as they claimed, it was about getting ahold of it and doing what they want with it and if they can't get ahold of it they are going to make you and I spend millions of dollars in the process.

The next item is the laying in the weeds and after something is done then chiming in and saying that it shouldn't have been done this way, you should have done it that way. That just drives me nuts and it happened after the Master Freight agreement was TA'd and it pissed me off to no end. If you want to be a leader get out and lead. Don't lay in the weeds and call somebody out after the fact.

Finally! a believable answer as to where are dues are going. :hysterical::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

If he didn't have a chance to win then why did the IBT have to spend millions to beat him?

I still don't see where the TDU has done anything wrong.

OK - I'll bite Overnite .......

If he didn't have a chance to win then why did the IBT have to spend millions to beat him?

... instead of going on and on about "where has the TDU done anything wrong" same ole, same ole - :

1. What makes you think TDU is the best route for everyone to take?

2. Exactly can TDU do for you that the Teamsters cannot do?

3. Have they promised you a better contract?

4. Have they promised you will receive your sacred "supplements" the next day after you vote TDU?

5. Have they pomised you everything the Teamster drivers, workers have already, starting the first minute you vote the TDU in?

6. Just, what exactly, has you turned on to the TDU? Instead of trouncing the Teamsters, let's see what ya got! It is a sad fact of life, my friend, that NOTHING in life that is worthwhile is FREE!

Doesn't the TDU sit back while the Teamsters join in the fray, fight for your and every other member of UPSF worker's rights and dignity to do a day's work for fair wages, then TDU comes in and rides the Teamster's coat-tails?

Tell us Overnite - did Tom L. spend any of TDU's money on his fruitless campaigning - or is the finger pointing just for the Teamsters?? - and since we do not know for a fact the Teamsters spen "dues monies" for Hoffa's re-election, it is a "moot point". Show us the paperwork that proves that fact.

Show us what ya got Overnite - because there is a skunk in this woodpile, and it is not wearing a Teamster jacket!

And, speaking of that - when we went thru the first round of orgainization all those years ago, it was not the TDU out there in rain, sleet, snow, heat, fighting for your rights and dignity, it was not TDU out there helping "O" workers - it was THE TEAMSTERS, Overnite, it was the Teamsters. And, I know that is a fact jack, because I was at work nearly everyday, I saw them nearly everyday. They wore Teamster jackets, they walked the walk, they talked the talk.

Again, what can the TDU do for you?

Don't try to flimflam your way out of this one Overnite - you started the thread - let us see what ya got!

Darkstar

To run an election that is done by mail, to allow each nominee the opportunity to get their message out to the membership costs money. There are all kinds of ways the general election costs money. ALL of the campaign money must come from donations and the likes but to run an election costs money.

The bottom line is that some of the views and issues raised by TDU (NOT THE TDU) are valid. The problem is that in reality they are not there about those concerns. They are there to divide and get control of the IBT. The head of TDU isn't even a Teamster, never has been and never will be.

TDU = :BS:

Our Rights - Free Speech and Right to Organize

TDU (Teamsters for a Democratic Union) - We're Teamsters for a DEMOCRATIC Union. That means the right to question what' going on in our union. It's called Free Speech in the U.S.A. It also means getting actively involved in the Teamsters - our union. An informed and active membership is our best bet at ORGANIZING to WIN - not just at UPS Freight but at other terminals and shops both union and non-union. If TDU was such a scurge for our unon and irrelevant, it wouldn't have lasted for over thirty years.

As to Overnite/UPS Freight, I welcome all the brothers and sisters in to our union - warts and all. Let them come in with open eyes. BTW, I walked the Overnite line many a night here in Detroit/Taylor and am proud of it. I would have gladly helped organize this round at UPS Freight - had I been asked.

And finally, once a Marine, always a Marine. I hold the same for any Teamster brother or sister. Once a Teamster, always a Teamster!