TForce | TDU good or bad?

Roflmaoshipmp!!

My two cents on the matter for what it's worth. When we was Overnite the one's that wanted the union we always told them if you don't like Overnite go find another job.
Well, We are union now. If you don't like the union go find another job. You see how real easy all this really is.:1036316054:

There you go Skeeter - that is exactly what it boils down to.

And, steve5 is right too, but to get to the bottom of the mud puddle, sometimes you have to wrestle some pigs.

There is a method to my "madness" - believe it or not.

And, people who live in glass houses should not throw rocks at someone else's glass house either. Just go over to Wikipedia, do the research on Jackie Presser. And Tom L. wants to throw rocks? There are good points and bad points to every story, the "dark horse" being touted as the saviour of the rank and file - can he stand the scrutiny? He is no better, no worse that anyone else. Just a horse of a different color.

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it, but not the way you want it." When all is said and done, I believe the workers of UPSF will be glad they took this step forward, it took a lot of grit - and it is worth it. Going to take some getting used to, but the way will be found by all. Lots of fine tuning will be going on, like I said, save your coins boys and girls - the next contract is going to be a dooooozzzzyy!

Darkstar :smilie_132:

Roflmaoshipmp!!

can't answer the questions darkstar?

I gave as good as, if not better, answers than you did overnite. And, uncovered information that was hidden before.

I know, you will never understand that answer "Overnite", because you do not understand my way of digging out the truth of the matter.

"What hidden information?" you ask? I know a lot more than you think I do, but I will let you wallow in the mudpuddle, see if you can pull yourself out of that hole you dug for yourself several posts back. That alone is worth all the riddles I posed here for you!

We are done now.

Darkstar :smilie_132:

And, you ....

you haven't named one thing negative they have done.

.... love to keep the sh!t pot stirring, don't you. I will not keep quibbling with you overnite - we both know what you are doing.

Here is a question or two for you -

how long have you worked in overnite management?

how long have you been a mouthpiece for the TDU?

And, here is an answer for you I have held on for a bit -

The answer to the question you asked about "What's Happening In Memphis" and indicated the auditors were on their way to Memphis ..... not a freaking thing. Never was. Memphis was a landslide, the guys and ladies are HAPPY!! (Except for about 7 or 8) Unless the auditors are on their way to find out why things are not being done in a timely manner, then you are full of it there too.

Over 10,200 workers out of 12,000 have voted in the Teamsters, and more signing every day. So get over yourself with the snide implications, you want Orlando to decert, have at it. Name all the terminals that are in the process of decerts. Trot those numbers out overnite. Anyone so malcontent with having a better place to work cannot be a member of the rank and file. Time is on the side of UPSF workers, and everyone else knows there is no pie in the sky, good things come to those that wait.

Nothing against you "overnite" - your show has already left the building, in case you did not know. Better hurry - oh wait! The TDU bus has stopped and waited for you to rejoin the malcontent band!!

And now we are really done, your snideness leaves a bad image on my computer screen even Tide won't work on! :biglaugh:

Have a great weekend overnite - and a great rest of your life! Sunshine, flowers to you and your family. Truly.

Darkstar

I asked a simple question "good or bad" I did not take either side of the arguement. Mouthpiece? I don't go around saying how good they are, so where do you come up with this?

Management? Again, where do you come up with this stuff?

I want Orlando to decert? Again, Where do you come up with this stuff? Come off your soap box and go reread that thread where did I ever say that is what I wanted or even had anything to do with it? Actually I said and have been saying a decert is too soon atleast wait until we see the suppliments and how the contract is going to be interpretted.

You came into this thread and say how bad the TDU is but you can't say what bad they have done. That is the very reason I asked the question. Noone is saying.

And instead of explaining yourself you attack me.

I asked a simple question "good or bad" I did not take either side of the arguement. Mouthpiece? I don't go around saying how good they are, so where do you come up with this?

Management? Again, where do you come up with this stuff?

I want Orlando to decert? Again, Where do you come up with this stuff? Come off your soap box and go reread that thread where did I ever say that is what I wanted or even had anything to do with it? Actually I said and have been saying a decert is too soon atleast wait until we see the suppliments and how the contract is going to be interpretted.

You came into this thread and say how bad the TDU is but you can't say what bad they have done. That is the very reason I asked the question. Noone is saying.

And instead of explaining yourself you attack me.

The best explanation that was given to me is that the TDU is like the Repulicans and the IBT Hoffa followers are like the Democrats. They are never going to like each other or agree on anything. Is it always going to make sense? Probably not. Are they going to tell the truth on either side every time? Probably not.
The other thing that was explained to me is that the TDU likes to have real votes and the IBT likes the appearance of a vote AKA a show of hands. Makes sense to me since I've seen these show of hands votes a few times at meetings. I'm not sure whether I like it either way since I have not thought it out completely.
For the time being I haven't taken either side. I know that I didn't appreciate being bs'ed about my COLA though. I got a little info that was BS from both sides and had to sort it out.

Exactly, that was my analogy it is like republicans and democrats fighting for control of th govt.

And as long as the teo parties oppose eachother we the members will get more information in our hands. If just one of the 2 existed we would only get the info they wanted us to have.

The best explanation that was given to me is that the TDU is like the Repulicans and the IBT Hoffa followers are like the Democrats. They are never going to like each other or agree on anything. Is it always going to make sense? Probably not. Are they going to tell the truth on either side every time? Probably not.
The other thing that was explained to me is that the TDU likes to have real votes and the IBT likes the appearance of a vote AKA a show of hands. Makes sense to me since I've seen these show of hands votes a few times at meetings. I'm not sure whether I like it either way since I have not thought it out completely.
For the time being I haven't taken either side. I know that I didn't appreciate being bs'ed about my COLA though. I got a little info that was BS from both sides and had to sort it out.

Here is the the best explanation. If it's not broke don't fix it. The IBT is not misrepresenting it's members. So how in the hell is the TDU going to repair anything? They are a group who is opposed to the old guard. Jockeying for power. Period. Until Hoffa and his cronies seriously drop the ball one day, they will never be taken seriously. They do keep them on their toes, which is a good thing. But until further notice, they will still sit on the bench. I also like what Skeeter said. This is now a Teamster company. If you don't like it here, go find a non union company to work for. Teamster Elvis out....

Deregulation led to cutthroat competition and the growth of new non-union carriers. By 1982, 183 unionized carriers had gone out of business and 30 percent of freight Teamsters were unemployed. The remaining unionized carriers responded by demanding big concessions in areas like wages, productivity, and the flexible workweek.

The IBT supported the employers’ demands. In July 1983, Teamster President Jackie Presser proposed a special freight “relief rider” that would cut wages by up to 35 percent and establish two-tier wages. TDU launched a national campaign to defeat the relief rider and save the National Master Freight Agreement. It worked. The membership rejected the concessionary rider by a vote of 94,086 to 13,082. Business Week called it “A real slap in the face for Jackie Presser.”

Teamsters for a Democratic Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey Elvis you say The IBT is not misrepresenting it's members ?????
What do you call this new contract????
With the loss of jobs and giving work to $cabs and not to mention $14.00 per hour replacement workers
...SHuuuuuuuuuuuu Wake Up
And if you kept up on what TDU was saying before the contract vote, You would realize that they were right on target about how this contract would effect everyone. Ask the members at Yellow and Roadway about there change of ops.
My take on TDU,
I stopped giving my money to D.R.I.V.E. (aka Hoffa)
every week and now TDU gets it.
Just the information and education alone that I get from the newspaper every month is worth the membership.

Hey overnite,pull dem blue britches off. They done give you pretty brown ones to wear. TDU are Teamsters, the best kind. They are involved like all of us should be now. If you don't go to meetings and don't vote don't say NOTHIN'

Yes!!!!!!! TDU has had Tom Leedum run against Jimmy Hoffa in the last 2 General elections. He had no chance to win either election, knew he couldn't win and cost the IBT millions of dollars by getting just enough delegate votes to be able to run for the General President's job. Now generally, I would say more power to you but in this case it was B.S. and I will tell you why. First let me say that I am not a Jimmy Hoffa supporter, of course, that is unless Tom Leedum is the only person running against him. With that being said, there were great leaders willing to step up and run against Hoffa in the last election. The problem is that if Hoffa runs, someone else runs and Leedum is in there as well there is a chance for a 3 way split and Leedum could have snuck in with 34% of the vote and nobody wanted to see that. I do not think he is the right guy to run the Teamsters. Now, this 3rd party supposedly went to Leedum and said, "If you feel the leadership of the IBT is in such disaray then back out, I will run against Hoffa and make the changes necessary to do what needs to be done." Leedum said no way, the 3rd party backed out and here we go wasting our money again on a useless effort. So TDU and Leedum weren't about cleaning up the IBT as they claimed, it was about getting ahold of it and doing what they want with it and if they can't get ahold of it they are going to make you and I spend millions of dollars in the process.

The next item is the laying in the weeds and after something is done then chiming in and saying that it shouldn't have been done this way, you should have done it that way. That just drives me nuts and it happened after the Master Freight agreement was TA'd and it pissed me off to no end. If you want to be a leader get out and lead. Don't lay in the weeds and call somebody out after the fact.

Who's the third party? I'm a 27 year Teamster and I try to keep up with what's going on and never heard of this story.

I never heard that one either. ....Hoffa only got voted in because of his name. If Leedham was in office the union would be at it's best right now, Instead of at it's worst.

TDU costed alot of the old gaurd their multiple pensions. They also forced member elections of International Officers which ended the monarchy at the IBT. Ofcourse they are going to be hated

To run an election that is done by mail, to allow each nominee the opportunity to get their message out to the membership costs money. There are all kinds of ways the general election costs money. ALL of the campaign money must come from donations and the likes but to run an election costs money.

The bottom line is that some of the views and issues raised by TDU (NOT THE TDU) are valid. The problem is that in reality they are not there about those concerns. They are there to divide and get control of the IBT. The head of TDU isn't even a Teamster, never has been and never will be.

TDU = :BS:
If you are talking about Ken P you are wrong. He was a teamster when TDU first came about. He was railroaded out of the union and blacklisted. I know because I am in the same situation. Sometimes the IBT leaves you no other choice then to make your living by opposing them.